Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 9

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Moderate to heavy rain all day here in West Malvern. Extremely soggy!

Posted

Is anyone able to give me a rough idea of what we are looking at on Saturday in Nottingham. We are hosting a large event which will be partly outside and want to know if we should start making plans to more everything indoors now, or whether we might just have to put up with a few showers.

Posted

Well after a week away from viewing the charts it's dissapointing to see no real changes in sight.

The most shocking thing out of all of this is not seeing the sun once since Monday 4th, there's been 4.5 hours of sunshine since then apparently which must of come between 5-8am as ive certainly not seen it :lol:

It was more pronounced that recent years this year in that the switch flicked on Friday 1st June back to Autumn :lol:

Posted

just 11c here again today and yet another dull fest

the GFS over cooked the temps by saying it was mean't to be 13c, why does no one notice this and only criticise it when it under cooks temps

by the way has the second of febuary been warmer than the first half of june it feels like it, half of the days this month have struggled to reach double figures, probably not though according to the stats

anyway apparently the rest of the week is mean't to be a bit warmer, 17c or so, I'll believe it when i see it though

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

What is Friday looking like now? The forecasters don't even seem to be mentioning that much.

Posted

The worst of the rain will sweep through tommorow evening between around 9pm-Midnight then just windy and showery for Friday.

I see out of nowhere a washout low has appeared for Sunday, this seems to happen constantly nowadays.

Today's been dry and settled but after a sunny start cloudy skies arrived before 10am and have stayed over us all day with blue sky staying south of here.

Next week does look much better but call me negative im sure were end up with the same weather as this week e.g stratocumulus mania.

Posted

up to 15c today, wow brilliant for june, after a clear chilly night last night it soon clouded over and shock horror the cloud will melt away this evening leading to another chilly clear night followed by a sunny start tomorrow then cloudy by 11am

then yet again on friday we will see strong winds giving my crops another battering dear oh dear

Edit sun is trying to come out and it looks quite nice in london where the tennis is being played

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A lovely day here with plenty of sunny spells, a little more cloud at times and some good convection this afternoon but otherwise dry and pleasantly warm. :)

Posted

Not a bad day today, reached 17oC this afternoon, sunny with cloudy spells, managed to dry a washing load of clothes outside which is saying something.

Posted

You lucky people! cloud never broke up here until the sun set when magically every cloud on the horizon dissapeared!

Posted

You lucky people! cloud never broke up here until the sun set when magically every cloud on the horizon dissapeared!

its telford connor, you should know all interesting or pleasant weather sweeps round the borough. spending 9 months in newport has taught me that rofl.gif

Posted

its telford connor, you should know all interesting or pleasant weather sweeps round the borough. spending 9 months in newport has taught me that rofl.gif

:lol:

It's really mornings like this morning that show just how unlucky Telford is, the rest of the UK having plenty of sun ahead of the weather front whilst we have stayed under thick cloud and occasional showers, a heavy one to around half 9.

Posted

Doesn't seem to much rain there at the moment, expecting it to pep up a lot?

Extended weather warning out now

Edited by Luke

Posted

Seriously? we had quite a sunny day here yesterday,

Here in the northern part of Telford the sun never came out once between 10am and 8pm :lol:

From here to the Wrekin seems to be the non weather capital of the Midlands, that time Southern Telford had thunder and torrential rain the other week there was not even drizzle here :lol:

Posted

Wind picked up here recently, enough to knock over a few things in the garden

Posted

Heavy rain here, just moving in from the SW.

Posted

Could be getting some quite heavy showers during tomorrow then

Posted

Well that was a very unpleasant walk home from the pub, wish I had stopped in and watched the footie now lol. Nearly 10mm here according to my weather station.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

holy smokes, it's piddling down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Well i'm glad i cut the lawn at 8am this morning instead of leaving it...although it was that high and looks like it hasn't been maintained while this house was empty to i had so skim it first, can't mow it till it's dried out, which doesn't look like it will happen in the next month, so by the time it dries up it's gonna be 3ft high again. Stupid weather...cat's out in the rain somewhere. LOL

Edited by Matt_in_Walsall

Posted

Some real heavy downpours here ! much heavier than the radar suggests, its absolutely lashing down.