Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012 Part 3

Posted

Not had a proper prolonged/decent thunderstorm here since 28th? July 2008, almost 4 years now, everything always trends east (e.g Wednesday now to) and we end up with nothing but a scattering of cumulus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Its exactly the same for snow aswell btw. The east has a better climate than the west, get over it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Reports coming in that Rochester has flooded. Unverified. Storm to my N/NW now moving away ...

A lot of strood is flooded. Top of my road in Roch is flooded (which is weird because it's the top of a hill!!)

According to my neighbour I missed the storm between driving home and getting here. I am most annoyed. is ther emore coming later?

Posted

as I said, no storms for our regatta this weekend (CARDIFF YACHT CLUB), as will be sat on a RIB all weekend doing safetyboat for the dinghies, it's not fun dodging lightning in cardiff bay even with 60HP 4 Stroke O/B on the back, no storms for us today sad.png hear weds has been downgraded which doesn't suprise me.

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

**A Tale of Woe**

A sad day today, lot's of potential, but the timing of the trough was all wrong today......Despite hours of sky & radar watching, nothing appeared or even showed potential to appear...I see reports of those lovely thunderstorms down in the SE quarter and feel sick and green with envy....I decided to cheer myself up by making my favourite sandwich, only to find that even my loaf of Hovis wholemeal is taking the utter p**s out of me

Two of the best looking Cb's I've seen all year with lovely sheared off Anvils, and where do I see them?.....In the sky?...on the radar?.....No, on my kitchen worktop masquerading as two slices of bread! doh.gif

post-4149-0-09124700-1338226433_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

No storms here :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Don't think all of the SE gets storms because they don't Watford, SW Herts seems to be in a particularly dry area when it comes to thunderstorms, although there have been some around we hard ever get hit directly and when we do they normally whimper out over us. I don't know why but that always seems to be the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Also HOLY POOP at Rochester high street! I have never seen it like that in all the years I have lived there!

That storm dropped 22mm here and flatted all my plants.

Edited by Lauren

Posted

exactly this. I'm in huntingdon in Cambs, and all I got was light rain. I could heavy rain on the horizon, but no storms.

I would say such and such area gets ALL the storms, but everyone says that acute.gif

wow thats unlucky (or lucky if you dislike storms), here in sawtry we got torrential rain and lots of T&L, just shows how localised it all is.

Posted

Well that TCu died a death quicker than it cropped up on vis. Storm Shield must be on full power today as insultingly GFS @ 1500-1800 had a concentration of heavy precip across the northwest, in reality there hasn't even been a drop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

There's a large cloud to my east but doesn't look to be developing into anything

Posted

I think we all need to remember we are so early into the uk storm season. Pleased the south east had some storms today but they were nothing to write home about. We all need a nice Spanish plume. The all nighters in the 90s were the best. 2012 could still be the year we all remember for some great storms. We will just have to wait and see.

Posted

There's a large cloud to my east but doesn't look to be developing into anything

Thats just to my South and there's another between our locations but nothing happening under both :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Thats just to my South and there's another between our locations but nothing happening under both sad.png

Looks like something has cropped up there between Leeds and Selby.. will it develop into something more? Dunno.. we'll wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Just got home to Higham,shorne ridgeway is fine...Higham has no real standing water,though you can tell by the road muck something washed through here earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

**A Tale of Woe**

A sad day today, lot's of potential, but the timing of the trough was all wrong today......Despite hours of sky & radar watching, nothing appeared or even showed potential to appear...I see reports of those lovely thunderstorms down in the SE quarter and feel sick and green with envy....I decided to cheer myself up by making my favourite sandwich, only to find that even my loaf of Hovis wholemeal is taking the utter p**s out of me

Two of the best looking Cb's I've seen all year with lovely sheared off Anvils, and where do I see them?.....In the sky?...on the radar?.....No, on my kitchen worktop masquerading as two slices of bread! doh.gif

post-4149-0-09124700-1338226433_thumb.jp

LOL this made me laugh. It's a sad story but oh so true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

There's a small shower heading my way! It's not particularly heavy, nor is it electrified, but who knows what'll happen? :D Oh the excitement rofl.gif

Posted

All day was lovely and sunny, then a great afternoon thunderstorm, now sunshine and 22 degrees, perfect summers day weather IMO.

Posted

Well that turned out to be a big non event again lol.

How long do we have to wait until mother nature plays ball and give's us all a good thunderstorm hammering! I have a funny feeling for many this heat we've had for many days is going to go out without a wimper, reminds me of winter when we have a break down and it's rain instead of snow haha.

Come on give us some storms on Wednesday please!

Posted

My brother texted saying there's a storm just North of Worksop, it's a right little beauty that has exploded in the last hour.

Type in S81 into the NW radar postcode zoomer.

Posted

That's a nice individual cell just cropped up close to Sheffield, I can see it all on it's ownesome here with clear skies now around once again. Afraid that it left it too late to develop into anything more significant given temps are falling away but hoping for at least one or two photogenic lightning flashes once the sun sets. Probobally not however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

There is a storm just to the SE of me in worksop,i have been taking snapshots for the last half hour of it developing,i will post soongood.gif

i hope it hangs around untill it gets dark so i can see the lightning from the anvil and may film it