Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May 2012 Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

That'll be what's just gone to our east. radar shows it enlarging but decreasing in intesity if anything & I haven't seen any sferics.

Clear as a bell to my west now....game over for our neck of the woods

Posted

Wednesday not looking as good for us up here as it was earlier. Would be disappointing but not surprising if this spell went out with an absolute whimper

Posted

Wednesday not looking as good for us up here as it was earlier. Would be disappointing but not surprising if this spell went out with an absolute whimper

It would be utterly typical

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

East bags all again. *Sigh*....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I am sat just outside Leicester in the hope something will kick off in the E Mids. There is a shower on the radar but the thundery stuff is SE of here.

What's the likelihood of something in the next 2-3 hours here?

Posted

East bags all again. *Sigh*....

Storms could be forecast as far west as the Llyn Peninsula and they'd still end up east of the Midlands when it came to the forecast playing out

Posted

It's still there and now increasing in precip. You have to look hard to see the TCu given there's no defining anvil yet, but upper convection is still going on with it. Just about visualise it besides the mid-level muck and glare.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

If those of us west of Birmingham sound like right moaning barstewards...we've got good reason. When the same scenario plays out time after time, and we get the crap end of the stick, it sort of grinds us down.

Not having a pop at you Easterners for your continual hogging, after all, its not as if you're responsible for it. BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD MOTHER NATURE.....GIVE US WESTERNERS A TURN!!!!!!!!..........ARRRGHHHHHH!!!!

Ahem.....Rant Over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS teases us with possibly something tomorrow but NAE/Meto etc look mostly dry. Wednesday is downgrading and with westerly winds thats never good for here as we brew the storms up here only for them to fire up in the East. No storm here for about 9 months now. Exceptionally tedious stuff now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

All sferics have stopped, that maybe it for today, it would be nice to get an evening storm though...

Posted

If those of us west of Birmingham sound like right moaning barstewards...we've got good reason. When the same scenario plays out time after time, and we get the crap end of the stick, it sort of grinds us down.

Not having a pop at you Easterners for your continual hogging, after all, its not as if you're responsible for it. BUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD MOTHER NATURE.....GIVE US WESTERNERS A TURN!!!!!!!!..........ARRRGHHHHHH!!!!

Ahem.....Rant Over.

Yeah I'd be happy with one day of storms to keep me ticking over for a while. Not asking for a lot is it...just some torrential rain, lighning etc. Back in the day, when I was a nipper, I remember going for days out with my Grandad in the summer all over the place with frequent trips into Wales etc and we regularly encountered storms. I don't ever remember going over a year between storms, even when looking at one particular location i.e Crewe.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Anvils look amazing from here in Reading, i knew before i looked at the radar theyd be too far to chase but I was surprised to see quite how far away blum.gif

I can see them to the NE from Swindon which has to be at least 70 miles away as the crow flies. Must be pretty massive.

Posted

Convection occuring to my W round to my S; storm to my N, and NE seems to have simply stopped - perhaps backbuilding? perhaps not! Here's hoping .... very hazy.

Posted

Today is another classic example of the trigger i.e Cold Front/Trough reaching the East just on time for peak heating etc. This NEVER Happens in the West. Someone please explain why this is happening.

At least we get to enjoy the warm sunshine whilst the rest look at darkened, rainy skies and cool. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

All Blown Through here, think it's East Essex's turn now...

Be nice if something did brew for a bit later - it's still humid and even more so with the Sun out now.

Posted

Yeah I'd be happy with one day of storms to keep me ticking over for a while. Not asking for a lot is it...just some torrential rain, lighning etc. Back in the day, when I was a nipper, I remember going for days out with my Grandad in the summer all over the place with frequent trips into Wales etc and we regularly encountered storms. I don't ever remember going over a year between storms, even when looking at one particular location i.e Crewe.

I am probably older than you and there were even more storms in the seventies , if a storm was forcast after a hot spell in the north west it was almost garaunteed but ocassionaly didnt happen , Well you know the situation now the complete opposite, and its not selective memory

Baffling

Edited by IanR

Posted

Just had what was possibly the heaviest rain I have ever seen, couple of roads were completely flooded, couple of flashes and some thunder :).