Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Wow you're having fun through the west, we just got dull grey drizzle here.

Posted

Gone very dark looking to the east of here... have had some hefty showers today but no thunder/lightning so far.

Posted

Another quite heavy shower here. Surprised at how much in places they seemingly kept going or even increasing as we get near dark (I mean UK wide not just scotland)

Posted

Another quite heavy shower here. Surprised at how much in places they seemingly kept going or even increasing as we get near dark (I mean UK wide not just scotland)

Yes got that one and it came down in buckets!!!, Garden moved up the scale from bog to quagmire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Was up on a hill near here this afternoon with a friend, looking out over the firth with yet another squall approaching. I could just about see a figure on the shore just west of Fort George so I got the binoculars out and had a quick look before the rain blotted out the view - it seemed to be an old lady but I really couldn't be sure. Anyway, we went back to the car to escape a drenching. My friend was soon asking what I'd seen... 'Well', I replied, 'it was a bit Ardersier through the rain...'

If that doesn't get me banned, it should. Where's my coat?

Posted

Down to 7C overnight which in most summers would be the coolest since late May - but in fact most nights in June through to mid July were down there or thereabouts. Full sun now tho and the mercury's going back up fast - 16C already.

Posted

Cool last night, relly quite glorious today. Also saw some fog (Not seen that here in a long long time)

Posted

Down to 7C overnight which in most summers would be the coolest since late May - but in fact most nights in June through to mid July were down there or thereabouts. Full sun now tho and the mercury's going back up fast - 16C already.

Yes feels like an October day with bright sushine and cool wind .Took cows and calves in easily to wean this morning and they are already lying on the great 2 year old dry straw after a summer with not very many days for lying on dry ground. Will keep calves in for the winter now as grass growth fades but cows will go back out to calve again as it is healthier and hopefully not come in till late October .They will start slowly to go onto their winter diet outside now. Currently 10.6c with a fresh NW wind. No shelter here.

Posted

According to the Radio 4 forecast for Scotland just now, the max temp in Belfast will be 17C. WTF?

Well I guess we're just the provinces so quite easy to confuse.

Turned into a cracker of a day, warm & sunny from start till finish. Runner beans are getting a bit carried away with all this water & warmth, might have to give some away soon - and I did not expect to be saying that at the beginning of the month!!

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

It feels and looks like the sort of day you get in Spring and autumn. Nice blue skies, a few clouds, lots of sunshine, good visibility and a definite chill in the air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Cue the Jaws music..... look at these 850hpa temps sneaking in overnight....

post-7292-0-68971000-1346348930_thumb.gi

Posted

brrr

9C, DP 2C here. Considered lighting the fire, but will hold off. May need to pop the heating on though for the morning!

Nice day though today, fresh.

Was up on a hill near here this afternoon with a friend, looking out over the firth with yet another squall approaching. I could just about see a figure on the shore just west of Fort George so I got the binoculars out and had a quick look before the rain blotted out the view - it seemed to be an old lady but I really couldn't be sure. Anyway, we went back to the car to escape a drenching. My friend was soon asking what I'd seen... 'Well', I replied, 'it was a bit Ardersier through the rain...'

If that doesn't get me banned, it should. Where's my coat?

So bad I giggled.

Posted

3.8C at Loch Glascarnoch at 9pm so a frost is likely there. Around 9C here which is chilly, but it's nice to have that autumnal chill in the air tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

A couple of locations down to 4C and dropping fast. Definite grass frost in places i guess. Heating on here!

Fire crackling in the hearth here. Not because the house is cold (old cottage stripped and insulated to the max), but it is a little chilly outside and well, nothing better than getting a wee fire going. Feels right for the weather.

Posted

Getting chillier here too - 8C - although the house is still warm enough so stove not on yet. It's still August just, we usually manage half way through September before bottling out; looking at the outlook, I can't see us lasting that long this year.

Posted

Currently 5c here and clear.

Earlier a very wintry sunset over the Firth with light wintry looking shower clouds running down the North Sea to the NE coloured pink by the setting sun.

Posted

Been to Liverpool and back today. Sunny but a definite chill to the air. Oh, the the first snow fell on the Cairngorms today, and expecting a wee dusting again overnight, and over the weekend, so summer all but over now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms.

A taste of what's to come!? Only 2.8C here.

Moon was beautiful last night and a nice - but very cold - start to the day.

Posted

Cars here were pure white this morning. I hate living in Scotland - had enough of it!! Gimme Provence :(

Posted

Min of 7C again, house starting to cool now but the HC clan is made of sterner stuff rofl.gif (tease.gif) than those ahem further south so no nonsense about heating from anyone here this morning blum.gif .

Posted

My coal-fired heating stays on all year. Saves a lot of hassle rofl.gif