Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

There is no God, Blitzen, else why do we have gorse?

Model thread folk (the few left who haven't shot themselves) seem to think September will be fairly benign, but I'll believe that when I see it - the Atlantic will have more to say for us than for those way darn sarf.

Meanwhile it's raining. Even here we've had over an inch since Friday.

Yeh, I know, quite frankly I couldn't give a monkey's now as I have had it for this year. Been at a farewell party for the couple next door who are off to Cyprus for a year on Saturday. Can't make up my mind if I envy them or admire them for taking the risk of a missile up their bums! What price the sunshine eh? Still, winter's a commin', might get to use the snowblower this year! w00t.gif

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

If someone offered me a year in Cyprus (or anywhere with a good prospect of prolonged subshine) just now I'd bite their arm off. Maybe not the Turkish part of Cyprus, that still sounds a bit precarious although who'd want to bomb them??

Yeah and of course true to form this morning's ensembles show the high having less influence the further north you are. Hurricane Isaac's fault, couldn't the US have nuked it or something...

Incoming showers this morning, just copping the dregs as they belt up the Great Glen. Inbetweenies, pale sun, fledgling swallow poops and tail-end charlie reluctant campervans slooooowwly crawl away from their holiday berths and return to some supermarketcentric, centrally-heated, southern surburbia..

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

If someone offered me a year in Cyprus (or anywhere with a good prospect of prolonged subshine) just now I'd bite their arm off. Maybe not the Turkish part of Cyprus, that still sounds a bit precarious although who'd want to bomb them??

No one at the moment, but if/when the situation in Syria escalates further, which, with the USA and the Brits sticking their oars in, it probably will, the British base there would become very active because of its closeness to Syria. The whole Middle East appears to be a powder keg at the moment just waiting to blow and I for one wouldn't want to be there.

Dunno, it's hard to separate the facts from propaganda. Great weather tho' !laugh.png

Posted

After an excellent sunny spell, suddenly walloped up the backside by a really vigorous shower - caught with the windows open! That'll teach me to close the radar tab. Well it won't actually.

Sheesh. Again. No, just shut the flaming widow this time.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Windy but dry day, not sure when am going to cut the grass for the last time as the garden like a bog. Last of the strawberries collected, but blueberries look pathetic!

Posted

Well super harvest day strong to gale force SW wind sun and RH of 63% in the afternoon. Just had to get a combine on a day like this We cut the only ripe field but it was not very dry at 22% but quality excellent and below average yield but its insured in the shed now as some heads were already being blown off. Will be on a lorry at 8.30am in the morning.Harvest now running 2 weeks late and grain in short supply world wide(Food price inflation will be the story of the Northern Hemisphere this autumn courtesy of an errant amplified jetstream this last summer causing droughts and floods in equal measure). A few hairy moments when combine sunk in various areas after the torrential rain of early Saturday morning. The challenges just keep on coming.

Posted

A lovely day here albeit a touch windy at times. Max of 18.7C and I managed to cut the grass.

Posted

Beach barbie this evening - very nice with a moon and its silvery reflections. ('Twas a moonlicht nicht when first I saw her moonlit...)

Unfortunately (or perhaps not) the beach is a booze-free area.

Windy but dry day, not sure when am going to cut the grass for the last time as the garden like a bog. Last of the strawberries collected, but blueberries look pathetic!

Is it not forecast to be nice next week? I'm sure there will be plenty more growth between now and winter anyway (do you admire my optimism?).

Bit wet today but nothing to write home about yet. Have been to Edinburgh and back this morning and nothing much to report.

Posted

Well how lucky can you get?.......so far. I have managed to stay dry for quite a while now but either side of me must be enduring an absolute drenching!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Posted

Totally peed it down a hour ago in cumbernauld (Just got into the shopping centre and heavens opened) I chickened to it stopped before I went to tesco :p

Posted

Totally peed it down a hour ago in cumbernauld (Just got into the shopping centre and heavens opened) I chickened to it stopped before I went to tesco blum.gif

am sure i heard a distant rumble 5 mins ago in abronhill

Posted

Well just on cue the 2.00pm tropical downpour with enough hail to whiten the place and plenty of crashes and bangs with lots of lightining. Nice to be living on the equator growing temperate crops. I think this is about the eighth tropical downpour this summer something. I think is out of the ordinary. Currently 10c and lighter to the west another tremendous rumble to the east just now shook all the house windows. Forgotten what a dry harvest looks like with dust flying and machines not groaning under the weight of wet straw and grain.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Just been to livingston.

Thunder, lightning, torrential rain and hail. Now the same back at the office (nr Ed Airport) apart from no hail yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Wow - that's all I can say to that - had some hail and thunder that went through before 3 - then it went quieter for 10 - 15 mins then bam, 3 oclock, shotgun thunder, lightning hitting beside the high school just as the kids came out (10 min walk from here). You couldn't see for the hail (kids both complaining of sore heads from it still) and kids sliding and falling in the river of hail running down the school path.

Posted

Some massive cumulonimbus clouds lurking in the area but where I am the skies remain blue up above. A little bit of a wind and feeling quite warm in the sun - i.e another nice day. But some of skies and clouds in the surrounding area look really menacing. For the while anyway, judging by the radar it looks like it'll remain largely dry and sunny in this area with possibly a nice few hours ahead, or there could be something a little more interesting. Only time and a good radar watch will tell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Somebody took that video in East Kilbride earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=410939078953191&set=a.179563608757407.38469.139748476072254&type=1&theater

Not sure if that photo will work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Plenty of lightning and decent thunder today.

Too busy in the office to enjoy properly.

Still, good to hear the rumbles and torrential downpours.

Posted

Looks quite a dry gap coming up now. That could be it for a while