Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry, cool and sunny

I am luck as my nearest neighbour is 1 mile away!

Beautiful day her - warm, sunny with enough breeze to keep the bloody midges away for a wee while!

Edited by Audrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

On the subject of neighbours.

The local farmer who owns the land around the group of 5 cottages where I live described all the residents of said cottages (who all get on really well / nice little community) as 'neighbours from hell'. Yes, that's all of us, everyone in the cottages are neighbours from hell.

You see what happened was he sold the cottages but then became angry that people had the audacity to come and live in them. It was like he didn't own the cottages anymore.

Anyway, he's moved to the west coast and the farm is now being run by a farm manager which seems so far a much better arrangement.

We had a community BBQ to celebrate.

Sun out here, warm with a light breeze. Gardening time.

You say you and the neighbours all get on well, you forget to mention the late night raves you were all having together.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Warm (very) and sunny (mostly) so far. Neighbours out with friggin garden power tools as usual when it's nice. Lettuce them Lettuceing lot of em the Lettuceing ****faced prunes. blink.png

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

You say you and the neighbours all get on well, you forget to mention the late night raves you were all having together.

Ha ha, Aye.

Hot tubs and a huge sound system in every garden. Carl Cox is headlining at No. 3 tonight.

Posted

Beautiful day here with warm sunshine and only a light breeze. Currently 22.0C. Neighbours are fine here too ( but I have sympathy as we had noisy ones at our last address...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Jumps in car and heads for the Borders to see Carl Cox rocking the place..

Actually will settle for Bestival Live on You Tube, New Order are on later, would only last half an hour dancing to Carl these days before I had to find a seat.. Dave Clarke was outstanding on 6 music last night if you like a bit of proper Techno.

Warm here today, quite muggy, lovely and clear across much of the UK, central belt getting the canopy of grey today. Grrrr...

post-7292-0-98438500-1347110410_thumb.pn

C'mon Scotland, for once break the mould and give us all some HOPE !!!!!!

Posted

C'mon Scotland, for once break the mould and give us all some HOPE !!!!!!

Is this with respect to the weather or against serbia at Hampden this afternoon?

Posted

Good point SS, thinking mainly about the Fitbaw.....

drinks.gifSummer Holidays in Brazil......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

post-1989-0-32120200-1347118650.txtOh what a beautiful day!.....not.

Here's the proof:

Posted

Grass cut, well I say cut, squashed into the mud for the most part. Pleasantly warm when oot the wind.

Could cope with a noisy neighbour, but this one thought it big to scream at a 10yr old and call him a half wit for passing by his kid too close on his bike! But retribution was funny, the boys dad is Chief Super with Strathclyde's finest. acute.gif Will hopefully be a bit more careful with his words.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Ha ha, Aye.

Hot tubs and a huge sound system in every garden. Carl Cox is headlining at No. 3 tonight.

Would settle for Groove Armada but a resurrected Freddie Mercury would go down well. I am ashamed to say that I used to find his style er overwhelming but now I grin wildly when I hear the best of Freddie.

Some of you should relocate to the Moray Firth...

Posted

Groove Armada HC ,now yer talking. My all time favourite band, the dj sets are damn fine too.

I. Hate. Craig. Levein.

First it was the moronic beard, now he has followed it up with dodgy varifocals.

Ach well time to open the beer and look at the Global Angular Momentum charts, can't get more geeky than that..

Posted

David Guetta flavour of the month here.

Very grey after a mixed start, off to an outdoor party to drown away the sorrows of summer, and toast a hopeful classic winter.

Posted

Didn't dare listen to the footie, as Lorenzo seems to have got Levein nailed I shall say no more. Could say the same about all the managers of these islands' (I choose my words carefully there SS) national teams but what's the point, the whole thing's buggered by the obscene money in the EPL.

We had some drizzly pish a while back that din't seem to bother the radar but it was a cracking day till late afternoon, got 24C in full sun at about 2pm. My guess is that I won't see that temp again till next year unless I follow the swallows. (Anyone want a barrel of swallow guano?)

House to meself this evening so going to crank it up a bit. Sweet revenge.

Also saw lots of small tortoiseshells, red admirals and peacocks in the garden today for the 1st - and probably the last - time this year.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Didn't dare listen to the footie, as Lorenzo seems to have got Levein nailed I shall say no more. Could say the same about all the managers of these islands' (I choose my words carefully there SS) national teams but what's the point, the whole thing's buggered by the obscene money in the EPL.

Scotland have too many 'quiet' type managers. They need an erse kicker who takes nae onionse. Bring back big Eck!

That's not AS of course, but AM.wink.png

Posted

Last day of harvest on this farm in ideal conditions warm breezy sunny and topped out at 22c this afternoon. Poor crop in one barley field which had suffered frost damage in late April. Slight drizzly shower in early evening resulting in this rainbow type cloud.post-2744-0-61024000-1347136778_thumb.jp Photo courtesy of Mrs Northernlights.

Posted

Scotland have too many 'quiet' type managers. They need an erse kicker who takes nae onionse. Bring back big Eck!

That's not AS of course, but AM.wink.png

Don't mind the quiet bit*, just don't like to get that feeling when watching a game... 'wtf are they doing - why aren't they... etc?'

*in fact I really like quietness!!!!!!

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Today was an improvement from yesterday. I was at Hamdem for Scotland vs Serbia which disapointingly ended 0-0. We created some decent enough chances but the manager is too negative for my liking and I'll be there on Tuesday night for the must win against Macedonia but I'd put my money on another 0-0 draw. But at least Andy Murray is in the US open final! :)

Posted

Caught in the murk again with a definitive divide on satellite, some folks will be basking in September sunshine..

Looking ahead the Jet really firing up .. wonder where this will end up pointing. Exists US East Coast like a rocket.

post-7292-0-89614100-1347194345_thumb.gi

Welcome to Autumn proper when this blasts through.

Posted

Sunny start but now overcast. Still warmish and temps have hovered around 17-18C most of the afternoon.

Posted

Another very good harvest day windy fairly warm and hazy sunshine with a high of 19c .Made some more small bales and baled up small areas of windblown straw missed by large round balers.As far as I am concerned the weather can do what it likes now till next spring but would love this spell to last a while longer to calve the cows outside in the next 6 weeks.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Pish rolled in here now after a mild but overcast day.

Good in a way as I finally got around to patching up and seeding the lawn where a soakaway was dug for the extension rainwater. Now getting watered. Hopefully will develop a decent enough root system before frosts set in and be ready to go for it in the spring.

My newly seeded 'field' - at 3m2 - is obviously small fry compared to those of NL....