Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

the sun is out, daytime heating is kicking in, and yes, more cells are now firing in the west midlands good.gif

I feel sick bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

First images coming through from Leicester!

post-7631-0-46814500-1340893152_thumb.jp

blum.gifhelp.gifbomb.gif

no it isnt u try save it this is what it says ( tornado_Elie_Manitoba_2007) lol,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Apocalyptic Thunderstorm..........is it me or are they playing down the storm just a bit? rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Feeling more humid than ever now, 20.8c with low cloud, I'm thinking that might be it for the storm risk today. Not that I witnessed any!

Well done to you all if you got lucky, real impressive weather day for sure. Wait until all the reports start flying in.

Posted

> 10000 strike rate now ohmy.png

What do you reckon North Easterner's is this band of storms going to grace us with our presence or not? Still looking very active over central northern england atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

no it isnt u try save it this is what it says ( tornado_Elie_Manitoba_2007) lol,,,

It was a joke, hence the smiley face!

doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Well as per usual, absolutely sweet FA near Wycombe in South Bucks. I totally reject what the "experts" say about thunderstorm frequency in UK regions, that the south-east of England apparently sees the most storms....TOSH. Maybe not if you're on the outskirts of Kent, in Margate, or in Eastbourne in East Sussex and are totally vulnerable to common french imports, but here in the north-west of south-east England, I have not seen one decent thunderstorm (as in frequent lightning not 5-10 flashes and everything is all over) since about 2005, and that was a French import that one. Had an "ok" thunderstorm earlier this year with up to 10 flashes, but that's pants let's be honest.

Last decent storm I saw wasn't even in the country, it was in Phoenix, Arizona, USA back in August 2008.

I am never optimistic because it never bleeding happens here!!!! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

It was a joke, hence the smiley face!

doh.gif

ahaha its been a long day,, rofl.gif

Posted

It's so close I can smell it lol. My sister is due to land at 16:10 at Newcastle airport, look like its going to be bumpy landing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wow, we've passed through the 10,000 strike mark in the last hour ohmy.png

http://www.netweathe...lightning;sess=

Not one of them over my house.... wallbash.gif LOL

Impressive action packed day for many though! good.gif

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Explanation not required.. Wow.

post-7292-0-04620100-1340894052_thumb.pn

Posted

Everything seems to fade away before it hits here, while intensifying to the east. Pretty frustrating!

Its actually quite cool now at 16.9C. 5.4mm of rain so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Anyone give me a rough estimate what time (if at all) that band approaching from the West will hit me? I would love to see something even slight now but am not really hopeful after how the rest of today has played out for us here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Well as per usual, absolutely sweet FA near Wycombe in South Bucks. I totally reject what the "experts" say about thunderstorm frequency in UK regions, that the south-east of England apparently sees the most storms....TOSH. Maybe not if you're on the outskirts of Kent, in Margate, or in Eastbourne in East Sussex and are totally vulnerable to common french imports, but here in the north-west of south-east England, I have not seen one decent thunderstorm (as in frequent lightning not 5-10 flashes and everything is all over) since about 2005, and that was a French import that one. Had an "ok" thunderstorm earlier this year with up to 10 flashes, but that's pants let's be honest.

Last decent storm I saw wasn't even in the country, it was in Phoenix, Arizona, USA back in August 2008.

I am never optimistic because it never bleeding happens here!!!! sad.png

Agreed - I'm literally "just down the road" and feel the same. Last what I'd call decent storm was probably around 2004/2005 perhaps when I was in Bucks Fire. We were called out to lightning strikes on the Met Line in Lt. Chalfont (Tube train smoking :-) and then to multiple strikes over in Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross (as their pump "died" in the floods) and even over the border into London. trouble is that I was driving the appliance and couldn't watch much of it :-(

One day .... fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Anybody near Grantham/Sleaford area? Storms around here seem exceptional on radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Welcome to South East England, apparently home of the storms.... yeah that's ball***t and you know it. AHAH!

bec004.jpg

Gone very hazy here, lots of energy in the atmosphere, Cu not moving anywhere, dare I say it if that cold front comes through quickly... it will blow up down here. Very much doubt it, but hey you never know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

All we are getting is heavy rain............sorry.gif