Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 17th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

No funnel here but a nice thunderstorm :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Definitely hear thunder.. looks like something has cropped up over NE Leeds, just to the west of here

Rather dark too.. think it will miss here by a whisker though.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Definitely some back building going on here. Can still hear a rumble every few minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Zilch here, not a drop. Every storm melts away as it approaches then starts again around Leeds northwards.. why is that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Think it's moving N now.. darn.. it literally formed IMBY but wasn't close enough this time.. disappointing.

Posted

Seen quite a bit of lightning to the south of me but no rain overhead. Nice finish to the day for sure!

Posted

I can see the tops of those storms to my south/southwest which have developed very quickly in the

last half hour.

Somewhere around the Catterick area must be very interesting at the moment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hadn't someone better make a new thread? 60 pages is quite a lot. Lovely and sunny here this evening but still some sferics on the radio, non too close though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Can see a huge active anvil to my South, my god they aren't dissipating without a fight this evening !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Some more thunder and occasional lightning flashes around Sandhutton, the heaviest precipitation is passing to the west of me (probably somewhere around Catterick as Cloud 10 suggested) but some fairly heavy stuff on a direct collision course- also another pulse seems to be shooting up to the south of this lot according to the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Wow its really dark and has been rumbling away with flashes of lightning here for about an hour on and off. Thought it was going to move off quickly but it seems to be very slow moving!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

No cb's, everything dying on approach, dont know whats causing this but it always seems to happen? Tomorrows potential seems to be similar to today so least it will be nice and sunny here tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

More thunder coming from the southwest and crazy scud formations. This is turning into a really entertaining evening.

Posted

Everything shifting off to the west here now so our fun really is over for the day. Nice finish despite the lack of rain for sure!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Wow its really dark and has been rumbling away with flashes of lightning here for about an hour on and off. Thought it was going to move off quickly but it seems to be very slow moving!

sounds good:-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I think that shows how low the threshold of expectation has become around here because in reality it's another poor effort today. The showers that came up from the West Midlands died out by the time they got here and all we have are orphan anvils. Unless we get something later, it's yet another thunderless day.

I understand where you were coming from with what you said, I don't think its really a case of low threshold of expectation in Cloudwatcher's case or mine come to that, merely a case of euphoria at the ending of a very long period without thunderstorms (6 and 4 years respectively).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Two overhead flashes and loud bangs recently, and frequent flashes to the west, although it now seems to be retreating northwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

There seems to be a continious development of cells along the English side of the Bristol Channel. More developing over Weston/Minehead area now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

As for tomorrow, very widespread convective activity currently being shown. SW England, Wales, NW England, SW Scotland, The Midlands and East Anglia all in with a shout of some hefty downpours.

post-12721-0-71370200-1344107707_thumb.ppost-12721-0-49026100-1344107719_thumb.p

Round two coming up, possibly more widespread than today too. clapping.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

As for tomorrow, very widespread convective activity currently being shown. SW England, Wales, NW England, SW Scotland, The Midlands and East Anglia all in with a shout of some hefty downpours.

post-12721-0-71370200-1344107707_thumb.ppost-12721-0-49026100-1344107719_thumb.p

Round two coming up, possibly more widespread than today too. clapping.gifdrinks.gif

i do hope so!! fingers crossed :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Was sat at Almondsbury interchange a short while ago in torrential rain with thunder and lightning. Incredible rain! Haven't seen anything like it for some time. But not to forget I have now seen lightning and heard thunder for the 1st time in years! What is also amazing that just 2 miles from the A38 where I live, it is completely bone dry. Just got back to have some fish n chips and now contemplating going out again!

What do you reckon AWD?