Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 30th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Kind of bizarre. I think there are now breeding populations of parakeets in Britain, notably in Richmond Park.blink.png

This one is a wiley little devil and has obviously been tamed as it comes within hands reach to take seed, but still evades capture. It's making a hell of a lot of noise and the local birdlife are quite disturbed, as well as us humans.

I've borrowed a long fish pond net in an effort to catch it for it's own good, as I suspect it won't make it past the colder months. It should make an interesting spectacle for the neighbours as I stumble around the garden trying to net it in the next few days.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

This one is a wiley little devil and has obviously been tamed as it comes within hands reach to take seed, but still evades capture. It's making a hell of a lot of noise and the local birdlife are quite disturbed, as well as us humans.

I've borrowed a long fish pond net in an effort to catch it for it's own good, as I suspect it won't make it past the colder months. It should make an interesting spectacle for the neighbours as I stumble around the garden trying to net it in the next few days.

Oh I would pay good money to see that.... can you get someone to video you and give us all a laugh please blum.gif

I've got a couple of things here that could probably help you solve the problem, but you don't like cats angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Another bright and sunny start with that Autumnal nip in the air. The relative quiet of the morning is only broken by the sound of an escaped Parakeet that's taken up residence in my garden and as is squawking back at the indigenous English dawn chorus.

Could it be this escaped Parakeet, Coast?

post-7183-0-58024600-1347181814_thumb.jp

Morning all. I'm glad I slept reasonably last night.biggrin.png

Looking forward to a nice day, the only fly in the ointment being that I've got to look after someone's dog.unsure.png

Unlucky Steve, life can be a b.i.t.c.h rofl.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Clear blue sky and allready boiling hot in Ippy. Police helicopter been hovering around this morning (it wasn't me :) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've been out enjoying the glorious weather.

Therefore I've decided to make a nice summery meal, a saucepan of chilli (although technically I started yesterday, as I soaked some kidney beans overnight )

Six scotch bonnet chillies and a lot of garlic included (as you can tell, it's my own recipeexcl.png ). It's starting to smell very appetising!

Posted

The latest GFS run is looking good for next weekend (a transient anticyclone over the southern UK with a nice southerly flow in its wake)

Things are bound to change over time, but it's not too late to hope for another burst of late summer weather.cool.png

Posted

Same here Steve, your chilli sounds great but I'm having some BBQ salmon with salad and a lazy afternoon in the garden after halving two long walks already today smile.png

22 deg C here according to my weather station which means it's going to feel much hotter than that in my lovely sunny garden good.gif

Posted

Kind of bizarre. I think there are now breeding populations of parakeets in Britain, notably in Richmond Park.blink.png

Hi there, yes there are areas in britain where they thrive and down here in thanet is one of those places, they roost in the trees at the back of us in the cemetery and strip our apple trees !!!

Posted

Could it be this escaped Parakeet, Coast?

Actually I've looked it up and its a Lovebird. I'm not loving it's screech at the moment TBH......

Anyway, cheers folks drinks.gif

leffe%20bruin.jpg

Posted

A totally stunning day out there and after 2 hours walking along my favourite place, I wanted to share the reasons why I live where I do. So I'll let the pictures do the talking instead of my usual rambling rubbish:

post-6667-0-98217200-1347188662_thumb.jp post-6667-0-33029800-1347188674_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-15237000-1347188685_thumb.jp post-6667-0-52948900-1347188699_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-19660000-1347188708_thumb.jp post-6667-0-37742500-1347188717_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-08102300-1347188724_thumb.jp post-6667-0-78197000-1347188761_thumb.jp

Posted

Therefore I've decided to make a nice summery meal, a saucepan of chilli (although technically I started yesterday, as I soaked some kidney beans overnight )

Six scotch bonnet chillies and a lot of garlic included (as you can tell, it's my own recipeexcl.png ). It's starting to smell very appetising!

On hand with fire extinguisher :D It sounds good though. âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Posted

The wind has picked up a bit here - just got woke up by my own chimes, other than that total peace and quiet. - has coast caught that bird yet or is he still running round with a net ?

Posted

Definitely a noticeable breeze here now and it's clouded up, albeit high level stuff. I quite appreciated the breeze, as I've just cut a pensioner's grass and the lawn is a fair size.

I'm also looking after his dog, while he's away for the night.

I know he is extremely tight (certain signs like he'll only ever boil his kettle with minimal required water etc.) but his doggy poop scoop bags look suspiciously like the clear plastic bags you find in Tesco in the fruit and veg section... The trouble being that they each have a couple of holes in the bottom to stop youngsters suffocating...

I can't believe that! Urgh!bad.gif Put it this way, I'll be using more than 1 bag each time!

Posted

Some Altocumulus moving towards Canterbury. On review of the Net WX radar a lightish shower could be on its way.

At least if anything happens, it'll be too late to spoil the weekend.smile.png

Posted

A good shower of rain would be most welcome right now. Just done a pile of ironing. Phew!!! :o

Posted

Very nice sunset here now. It's a pity I've not got a camera on me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Don't worry, I managed to capture it my end.

post-15503-0-80238300-1347215552_thumb.j

Posted

Uncomfortably hot in this house againsad.png At least there'll be one benefit from the cooler weather this week.

Posted

Uncomfortably hot in this house againsad.png At least there'll be one benefit from the cooler weather this week.

Warm here too, still 17 degrees C outside and quite stuffy in the house.

Won’t the warm tropical air wrapped around the area of low pressure still make it humid this week but just unsettled ?