Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2012 / 2013 Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Joe B's forecasts seem designed to get more subscribers to his new Weatherbell website. What better way than to forecast some extreme weather. More inclined to take his forecasts with a pinch of salt this year.

Joe B's forecasts seem designed to get more subscribers to his new Weatherbell website. What better way than to forecast some extreme weather. More inclined to take his forecasts with a pinch of salt this year.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more.

That could be said for the likes of Madden and Vogan but Joe B is a professional meteorologist and NO meteorologist would stick their neck out like hes doing unless he had real reasons to think that, I don't believe for a second he'd forecast something just to get more subscribers, that's not going to lead anywhere in the long term at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow !!!

POW! Snow is falling! All around me.. Nah just joking lol.

I have definitely notice a trend in the charts favoring HP and ridging out in the Atlantic. I would to see Atlantic/Greenland blocking from November, then a Scandi blocking from December through to January. That would do nicely.

That is just what we need for a great cold winter !!! i hope it all plans out right for a freezer of a winter , cant wait ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Id argue it's more a case of "what better way than to forecast something that might actually happen." Joe B has done very well in some forecasts and he's an entertaining guy to listen to.

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

To be honest i would put joe b in the same bracket as piers corbyn he is a cold ramper and little ice age man just like corbyn and he will always go onto the cold side of forecasts he got the usa winter extremley wrong last winter he was playing catch up all winter long in the usa so i wont be gettting excited over his snowmaggedon worst winter in 50yrs. I think we will see something a little more wintry than last winter but i dont see a 63 or 47 style winter at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

To be honest i would put joe b in the same bracket as piers corbyn he is a cold ramper and little ice age man just like corbyn and he will always go onto the cold side of forecasts he got the usa winter extremley wrong last winter he was playing catch up all winter long in the usa so i wont be gettting excited over his snowmaggedon worst winter in 50yrs. I think we will see something a little more wintry than last winter but i dont see a 63 or 47 style winter at all.

He is by no means perfect like any good forecaster but he has done pretty well with seasonal forecasts over last 3 years or so. He doesn't get them all correct and he doesn't always go for cold if he cant see it... Last winter he said would be harder in europe but not so much for the uk and he wasnt far of the mark... he did fairly well in 2010 also. He may lean towards a cold bias but that doesn't detract from the fact he backs his idea's up like good forecasters should do unlike the maddens and co.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Here you go snow pics of one of my sites in downtown Calgary

post-2495-0-48391800-1349978832_thumb.jp

post-2495-0-57160200-1349978849_thumb.jp

Posted

more there already than some of us see all many winters here c-m!

Posted

a litle unfair to the man-yes he is a cold ramper but he does talk over the charts to explain why he feels the weather will do as he predicts. Totally unlike the other loon in my view

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

a litle unfair to the man-yes he is a cold ramper but he does talk over the charts to explain why he feels the weather will do as he predicts. Totally unlike the other loon in my view

Joe B posted a tweet a few days ago which referenced http://iceagenow.info He was banging on about the UK being in for a heck of a winter in the tweet so it probably does present Joe B as a bit of a winter ramper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

That is just what we need for a great cold winter !!! i hope it all plans out right for a freezer of a winter , cant wait tease.gif

Welcome aboard MickP, always good to see another resident of snow starved East Lancashire on here.

Whether we get our epic winter or not, only time will tell but there will be some nervous times ahead for all unless your lucky enough to live 2500 feet up a mountain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Joe B posted a tweet a few days ago which referenced http://iceagenow.info He was banging on about the UK being in for a heck of a winter in the tweet so it probably does present Joe B as a bit of a winter ramper.

But that's one God awful website!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

GFS in FI now showing some early winter-like uppers over the UK. Its getting closer guys.

post-12721-0-52103000-1349980821_thumb.p

good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

GFS in FI now showing some early winter-like uppers over the UK. Its getting closer guys.

good.gif

What max temperatures would we be looking at if that happens.

Posted

good.gif

The 06Z run was showing a lovely northerly flow at the end of it's run today with HP over Greenland/N.Atlantic

h850t850eu.png

Probably around 5 - 8 Deg? Depends on location and weather.

Edited by IBringTheHammer

Posted

add 10C as a VERY rough guide

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

good.gif

It would be a start.. drinks.gif shame its on the edge of FI sorry.gif

Posted

add 10C as a VERY rough guide

Already getting highs of 11-12.

Depends on location and weather.

Dry and Yorkshire lol blum.gif

Edited by Barry95

Posted

But that's one God awful website!

Hey! I read that website, I like to see both sides of the argument.

Posted

Cold and Wet... I dont care what the weather man says lol.

Cold could be anything really acute.gif

Posted

Hey! I read that website, I like to see both sides of the argument.

I agree, but I know were RP is coming from. Iceagenow seems as biased as many pro AGW sites in reporting certain weather types, it's a shame because in the midst of a lot of drivel is some interesting stuff.

Posted

Joe B is the biggest Anit-AGW man I am aware off. Just follow his twitter feed. Personally, I think it's nothing more than natural global warming, part of a long natural cycle.

Back on topic though, the models have been picking up on some interesting signals over the last while. The coming winter could bear much fruit I believe.

Posted

Stratosphere not looking good, cooling looking likely i believe cray.gif