Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2012/13 Pt 4... Expectations, Hopes And Wishes...

Methuselah

Posted

Yes everyone winter 2012/2013 has been cancelled lets now try to work out the long range forecasts for next winter :Dclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This year there it feels like the polar (haha!) opposite, with a lot of favourable signals, but with the likes of GP and SM trying to keep people's feet on the ground.

Steve Murr keeping people's feet on the ground????

He is one of the most knowledgable cold rampers here. A northerly shows at T384 & Steve produces an essay on why its going to happen, and some brilliant posts he posts too.

Certainly some interesting signs & potential in the coming months, that's what's keeping me glued to this thread 24/7.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Northerly has been cancelled roll on winter 2013/14. Must be the strat cooling

Stupid post what if tonight's GFS 12z brings the northerly back? that will make your post rather stupid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Stupid post what if tonight's GFS 12z brings the northerly back? that will make your post rather stupid

:p

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Yes everyone this winter is over I'm afraid, although the good news is that the current signs point to a very cold winter 2013/2014.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Yeah I think Vizzy might have been being flippant or possibly a mild trolling attempt

Posted

Yeah I think Vizzy might have been being flippant or possibly a mild trolling attempt

Even tho he lives in north yorkshire, my brother lives there and even last winter he had alot of snow, seems a bit odd hes looking for mild weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Yes everyone this winter is over I'm afraid, although the good news is that the current signs point to a very cold winter 2013/2014.

Yep. Roll on winter 2013/14, this winters over.

Honestly though, I can't believe we're already seeing posts like this, it's October! (< thats not aimed at you Barry, I realise you were being sarcastic)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Still wouldnt surprise me to see this cold spell at end of october. And to be honest i think were in for a belting nov dec cold and snow all the way. Well thats what i hope anyway lol smiliz39.gifsmiliz39.gifsmiliz39.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes everyone winter 2012/2013 has been cancelled lets now try to work out the long range forecasts for next winter biggrin.pngclapping.gif

Damn you mean to say I went out for one afternoon and missed our winter!? cray.gifdoh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Makes me laugh that people think vizzy is being serious :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, I wouldn't be too downhearted at the prospect of a late burst of warmth...Who remembers mid-October 1978 - 25C over a wide part of England - now, did that spell the end of winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well, I wouldn't be too downhearted at the prospect of a late burst of warmth...Who remembers mid-October 1978 - 25C over a wide part of England - now, did that spell the end of winter!

I honestly could not say.... I was but a mere twinkle in my fathers eyes blum.gif

Posted

And the winter that followed was an epic that delivered the most frequent and severe blizzards in my lifetime that i can remember.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

And the winter that followed was an epic that delivered the most frequent and severe blizzards in my lifetime that i can remember.

Same here...And watching the FA Cup 3rd round game (Leeds?) at the Lane, was not a pleasant experience!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Not too long until November now! Even though it's still a month away from Winter, I get excited every time the Bbc weather report is on.

Posted

All I hope for this winter is that no-one does anything a silly as this if their pool freezes

That made my eyes water!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees, thunderstorms and heavy snow

That made my eyes water!

And his I bet ! That's one fractured coxyx if ever I saw one!

Posted

I can't recall getting excited about Winter last year until Feb, I don't think the charts really gave us much eye candy even into FI, so they did an OK job, that being said I wasn't aware back then..of the extended CFS beyond 1056 hours so I'm not too sure what those were showing.

If I remember rightly, even the CFS extended charts were not showing much in the way of eye candy last year. That doesn't mean to say the eye candy will come off this year of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

If were going to get a ''Near Miss'' I would much prefer it happen at this time of year, looks like many parts of Eastern Europe are going to get an early taste of winter in a weeks time and that has to bode well for us later down the line.

Lets get some nice cold pooling out over the East of the UK and then maybe a nice potent Easterly as we head into December...lovely :-)

Posted

If were going to get a ''Near Miss'' I would much prefer it happen at this time of year, looks like many parts of Eastern Europe are going to get an early taste of winter in a weeks time and that has to bode well for us later down the line.

Lets get some nice cold pooling out over the East of the UK and then maybe a nice potent Easterly as we head into December...lovely :-)

I agree. It's important to get the cold pooling build in the right areas at this time of year and then we can get involved in the fun and games in a couple of months (hopefully)!

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

All I hope for this winter is that no-one does anything a silly as this if their pool freezes

i just wet my self watching that, what a bloody idiot.rofl.giffool.gif

epic fail

Posted

Oops, sorry about the bad language in the video btw - didn't notice it before!

That's brilliant! rofl.gif

It would have been the icing on the cake if the ice had broken when he started banging it

with his fists.laugh.png