Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upcoming Cold (Chilly?) Snap

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

anyone know what Croydon council are doing tonight? Are the grifters out?

yamkin has the council in croydon on red watch. they are gritting everywhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Are their any chances of snow for west Sussex?

It's October 26th so we have to be realistic but with plenty of elevation, the downs might get a few snowflakes. I suspect, even if they did, there would not be much chance of it settling. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Upper air temperatures and thickness values are set to rise from now on and into the overnight period, the window for snow is getting smaller unfortunately - Certainly away from the high ground.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Are their any chances of snow for west Sussex?

Rain according to this, you need to pay to see the snow/sleet/ rain etc

http://premium.raintoday.co.uk/

Not sure over the high downs or wether it peters out later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Upper air temperatures and thickness values are set to rise from now on and into the overnight period, the window for snow is getting smaller unfortunately - Certainly away from the high ground.

Well, not that I would normally disagree with you but a vast part of the country is under -6 850s right now. That even includes my location in central southern England. In spite of this, I am pretty much clutching at straws if I suggested any snowfall away from higher ground. good.gif

Anyway, how is Aviemore faring, Liam? drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well, not that I would normally disagree with you but a vast part of the country is under -6 850s right now. That even includes my location in central southern England. In spite of this, I am pretty much clutching at straws if I suggested any snowfall away from higher ground. good.gif

Anyway, how is Aviemore faring, Liam? drinks.gif

Well at the moment as we've seen from the reports snow is falling (and rain as well). Parts of N England are or certainly were a little while ago under -7/-8c uppers :) By the time we get to morning they'll be more like -3/-4c and rising throughout the day. Well done to those who have seen the first flakes of the new season - Not bad going for October! :D

My trip was cut short unfortunately!

Posted

We Had a very light sleet shower at about 19:00 this evening and it looks a though some of the showers wandering down the north sea may make it a little way in land but if the low does push in sunday then the cold snap will be short lived, and if the GFS 12z is correct it will be a rough ride during the middle of the week with a poss for cold but blustery and wet weather.

looks like another cold event at the end of next week!! just right for bonfire night :)

Edited by Lenticular

Posted

i live in darlington and right now we have light snow have to admit not much but snow all the same :) better than last year i remember it being mild on the 26th of october my little girls birthday.

can anyone tell me have we had snow on this date over the last 11 years my little one thinks its the first time its snowed on her birthday?

Posted

i live in darlington and right now we have light snow have to admit not much but snow all the same smile.png better than last year i remember it being mild on the 26th of october my little girls birthday.

can anyone tell me have we had snow on this date over the last 11 years my little one thinks its the first time its snowed on her birthday?

I would say it is almost a 100% certainty that this would be her first birthday snowfall and most probably a long time before it happens again, on her birthday that is. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

We have some very small amounts of snow here in hull. It was mixed in with rain so was more wintery showers, but it was nice to see it as I was not expecting any with us been at sea level in hull

Posted

I would say it is almost a 100% certainty that this would be her first birthday snowfall and most probably a long time before it happens again, on her birthday that is. good.gif

2010 wouldn't have been that far off though, surely?

Posted

2010 wouldn't have been that far off though, surely?

Was the back end of November if memory serves.

We've seen some snow and hail down the road here in Saltburn. On and off since sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Events

We had a quick shower here on the edge of the north York moors earlier today. (I have tried to attach pic but I'm new to this). The current weather seems to be a relatively steady snizzle with heavier showers mixed in. It looks like its starting to settle on the grass so I'll post a pic in the morning if we get a covering.

post-17858-0-68380700-1351291065_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

It's snowing here at the moment,yes get inclapping.gif

not wet stuff either,floating aroung in the breeze

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

i had to take a few pics of the first snow of 2012/2013

here is the one i captured the best,sorry it's not brilliant but you can still see the snow at the lamp post

post-16960-0-48554400-1351295386_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Here is a radar image for 3.25am(BST)

0225.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I'm copying my post here from SE thread so can be read by all.

There's a lot of convection building in the North Sea and that is likely to fire right at the east side of UK until late Saturday(today) as is doing now, but just saying that plenty more wintry showers to come of sleet, hail and snow. A lot of wintry activity in EA right now and these most likely to affect Kent as they move south, but the risk is there further west to. There was some lightning activity overnight in the North Sea(south area)this could mean that further thunder could happen in the heavier wintry showers.

ESS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

I woke up this morning and saw the car iced over with a light dusting of snow. I don't think i've ever seen snow this early here....beats having to wait until Feb like last year!

Posted

We had a few showers overnight which was mostly sleet/rain but then this morning we had a big shower come over and was JUST heavy enough and cold enough to settle on cars and on a few house roofs, it was 2.4oC wehn it started (wasnt settling) but then it dropped to 1.7oC by the end of the 20 minute shower and it did settle, will try and the 2 pictures I took :) Sooo happy it snowed here, wasn't expecting it to!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Blimey down to 1.9c here at the lowest point (ironically around 6am)- and it's feeling really bitter. Well done to those who have had some snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I'm copying my post here from SE thread so can be read by all.

There's a lot of convection building in the North Sea and that is likely to fire right at the east side of UK until late Saturday(today) as is doing now, but just saying that plenty more wintry showers to come of sleet, hail and snow. A lot of wintry activity in EA right now and these most likely to affect Kent as they move south, but the risk is there further west to. There was some lightning activity overnight in the North Sea(south area)this could mean that further thunder could happen in the heavier wintry showers.

ESS

Hi ESS just caught the BBC news headlines and they are mentioning the scattered snow showers being reported across the east and london.(and going overboard as usual)... Anyway you mention convection. Last night my isle of wight storm text me to alert me of a stron intensifying cell nearby. I was fast asleep as it was about 2.30am but it was somewhere within 150 miles of me....which one was it I wonder! I havent for a while read a "strong cell approaching " and intensifying message..normally they are "weak"...

Well the sun is now beaming out here ...looks chilly. I am off out there too all morning. So on with them thermals .....cold.gif Not particularly happy that there is a cold wind...have dry eye syndrome for sure today so not helpful! ......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Not even a frost in bucks.. but thermometer says it dropped to 0.5 and is currently about 1