Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2012/13 - Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Still think we have a chance of snow hitting over the next week.

It will be interesting.

Posted

Technically I have had snow in November 2012 now!!!

Think I had a small flurry overnight heheh

JzHPs.jpg

Wish we had some of that down here last night! w00t.gif Although I shouldn't complain because I was lucky enough to have snow on the 27th of OCTOBER! That was suprising quite a lot we had that day but temps was too high for it to settle appart from on cars smiliz46.gif

post-17115-0-16530100-1351323178_thumb.j

Technically I have had snow in November 2012 now!!!

Think I had a small flurry overnight heheh

JzHPs.jpg

Wish we had some of that down here last night! w00t.gif Although I shouldn't complain because I was lucky enough to have snow on the 27th of OCTOBER! That was suprising quite a lot we had that day but temps was too high for it to settle appart from on cars smiliz46.gif

post-17115-0-16530100-1351323178_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

One weather organisations view of events this weekend;

http://www.britishwe...warning-sample/

OMG - with those depths they are either a million miles off the mark or other organisations such as Met O are going to be rushing out Red warnings in the near future.

TBH I think my fiver will be on option 1.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Good morning everyone. smile.png

New to the site and hoping for a cold winter.

Well it seems as though we are in a real cold snap at the moment huh? (Which I and many others on this site are happy for. lol) Temps between 0c - 2c nationwide at the monet feeling crsip and cold. I actually woke up early just to walk the cold 0c London streets with clear blue skies and the sun rising from the horizon wearing my winter coat and hat.

I think we should all be happy that we've got such conditions and temps currently 9I shiver thinking back to last winter and how we all glared at the GFS model output of zonal mild muck - Winter shouldn't have temps of 16c!!). I say enjoy it while it lasts - go out, enjoy it cause it seems some more milder temps are coming in on Monday.

I hope you all make me feel welcome.

Warp up warm. wink.png

~mpkio2~

I will if no-one else has.

Enjoy the site mpkio2!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Well it's time I arise from my slumbers...... cold weather is here and just the faintest glimmer of hope that snow may be in the air

it's nice to be back acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well it's time I arise from my slumbers...... cold weather is here and just the faintest glimmer of hope that snow may be in the air

it's nice to be back acute.gif

I love your username! Gave me a good chuckle..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

There is no reason for negativity at the moment. Check out the latest ensembles, below average all the way with some nice cold options in the mix. And remember winter's coldest conditions tend to occur after the solstice due to seasonal lag. Building cold at the end of november and start of december is a very positive sign. I suspect most of the most negative posters here are too young to remember the mild mucky horrors of the even larger teapot. If they truly remembered winters which were a mere extension of autumn then they'd be a lot more positive.

well we would have to have a lot of members who were under the Age of 10 for that to be a valid comment..that pretty much sums up a lot of winters from 96-2008 so you would have to be born after 2003 not to have some memory of those winters.

Posted

Out and about the upper Goyt Valley today nr Buxton, frost persisted on the tops all day and especially so in the shade where temps got to only 1.8'c max. Many roads away from the main routes are iced up in places, and small streams around showed some icing.

Bring on the weekend flurries and for the start of some white-stuff on the peaks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Met Office contingency planners forecast for December to February has been updated

http://forum.netweat...00#entry2422394

well that's encouraging news...nice to see the MetO favouring a colder winter

Posted

it was only 2c here today, pretty decent, but shame the nights won't be that cold, only -1 tonight forecast, hardly notable for the end of november, i get colder nights at the end of april in some years

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

it was only 2c here today, pretty decent, but shame the nights won't be that cold, only -1 tonight forecast, hardly notable for the end of november, i get colder nights at the end of april in some years

April and November minima are surprisingly similar on average.

Posted

i know its all about lag affect, but nights at end of november are way shorter than end of April, so going from 2c at 3pm today to only -1c tonight is not a big difference, although it will cloud over at about 4am

Posted

Too bad for you, it fell to -4C here, with a max of 2C, resulting in a subzero mean for the day.. look at other locations outside your own back yard.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Too bad for you, it fell to -4C here, with a max of 2C, resulting in a subzero mean for the day.. look at other locations outside your own back yard.

i do look at other locations but i don't live there do i, also call me selfish but i don't care if its -4 in leeds, like im sure you wouldn't care if i had 8 inches of snow and you got nothing, just telling it like it is

Posted

But I wouldn't be complaining there is no cold spell just because there is no snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Next thursday has the potential heavy snow for the sw but it all might change.

I am keeping an eye on that, FI certainly though, low may not even end up anywhere near UK, GFS 12Z has it too far south for snow in my area, really has to be a perfect hit, too far north rain, too far south no precip

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Interesting scernario it seems. Hit and miss really.

Lets see what the pub run shows. Next few days is going to be worth keeping an eye on this :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bit of negativity on model thread now, dont really need that, and TMW not even on, looks like a cold Dec coming up with high pressure dominant, not bad really if you hate the rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Lighten the the mood? Here you go, mostly cold throughout the whole 18z run....

post-17320-0-63268000-1354316096_thumb.p

Edited by panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

It is likely that December is a cold month, the second half signals very cold generally, potentially we could get plunged into a prolonged freeze, this is something that is in development.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

A couple of days ago BBC had 11c for Sunday, look now, further decreases in temperature and we could be looking at snow!

post-17320-0-89468500-1354317104_thumb.p

Edited by panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

A couple of days ago BBC had 11c for Sunday, look now, further decreases in temperature and we could be looking at snow!

It won't decrease much now, they have firmed up the details and that is more or less what you are likely to see.

Edited by PerfectStorm