Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

here in Deal

3.3 temp

1.8 dew point

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

Snowing thick and fast in Lowestoft now. Settling nicely too! I think the snow shield may have finally fallen; we never get snow like this!

Posted

Looks like alot of snow on Great Yarmouth Beach. http://www.great-yar...ion/webcam.aspx

thanks i love it all fresh fallen like that, just like the scene in my street

Snowing thick and fast in Lowestoft now. Settling nicely too! I think the snow shield may have finally fallen; we never get snow like this!

oh good, i was hoping Etched Chaos would get some too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Radar still shows it as snowing, but there is nothing falling from the sky!?

Still 0.1C and a nice dusting on everything, even the road

Quote from the Sky New page under the headline 'Beast from the East'

http://news.sky.com/story/1022049/snow-alert-cold-weather-beast-to-hit-uk

Britain is facing a weather front dubbed the "Beast from the East" next week - with heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures.

Temperatures could plummet as low as -6C around London as icy winds blow in over the eastern coast.

Forecasters are also predicting "lots of snow" from Monday - "obliterating" East Anglia and spreading to southeastern areas.

By Tuesday and Wednesday there could be significant accumulation of snow along much of the eastern side of Britain.

Now that's some ramping, own up who's writting that from the SE forumrofl.gif

Posted

They'll be no snow down here in medway. Temps to high. Very excited for you guys in essex tho. I'm outta here. Got to load the dishwasher. see ya later all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

stopped snowing now, just light rain but it was great to see. Hopefully good signs of things to come

Posted

http://news.sky.com/...beast-to-hit-uk

Britain is facing a weather front dubbed the "Beast from the East" next week - with heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures.

Temperatures could plummet as low as -6C around London as icy winds blow in over the eastern coast.

Forecasters are also predicting "lots of snow" from Monday - "obliterating" East Anglia and spreading to southeastern areas.

By Tuesday and Wednesday there could be significant accumulation of snow along much of the eastern side of Britain.

Lol! Looking forward to what's really going to come for us guys next week.

Posted

http://news.sky.com/story/1022049/snow-alert-cold-weather-beast-to-hit-uk

Very exciting.

Although the GFS 06z is currently rolling out and I hate to say it but it doesn't back up the above. Easterly canceled on this run too. But it will still be bitterly cold with hards frosts. No ppn though away from coastal areas.

Posted

It's really starting to get in my nerves people saying stuff about the models not doing this and showing that... IT'S ONE RUN look at the trend!!!!!!!!!

sorry doesnt work like that!! you get the cold lovers in one corner with all there cold t-shirts " Beasts from the East!! " and the mild lovers " Atlantic always dominates! " And of course we are in the middle... strange thing is as soon as you see a name chatting on that forum you know you dont have to read what he/she is saying because you know that he/she is a mild ramper or a cold ramper.. and that is why i will now not go into that forum anymore until this cold spell is over. Im fed up with the mild/cold rampers in there!!.

Very exciting.

Although the GFS 06z is currently rolling out and I hate to say it but it doesn't back up the above. Easterly canceled on this run too. But it will still be bitterly cold with hards frosts. No ppn though away from coastal areas.

It's one run! Don't look at run one and take it, also the models can't pick up on troughs ETC until a out 6-12hrs out.. Look at the actually trends snow is impossible to for ast over 24hrs out

sorry doesnt work like that!! you get the cold lovers in one corner with all there cold t-shirts " Beasts from the East!! " and the mild lovers " Atlantic always dominates! " And of course we are in the middle... strange thing is as soon as you see a name chatting on that forum you know you dont have to read what he/she is saying because you know that he/she is a mild ramper or a cold ramper.. and that is why i will now not go into that forum anymore until this cold spell is over. Im fed up with the mild/cold rampers in there!!.

Amen! I'm happy with whatever comes. TBH I think we should keep the models out of this thread and leave it to them because it gets so heated and tempers start to fly. It's funny watching people loose their rag over 1 run though :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Piddling down with sleet now and 0.3C! Washing away all that lovely snow that built up....was very nice to see though....started before the main course next week? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it.

Looks like the precipitation coming down the East coast this morning is 'bending' down to the far South East so will stick to the coast as it passes East Anglia. More to come for those on the far South East coast this afternoon it seems.

Posted

Surrey, look at my posts from previous days! That's all I have been saying. It's one run. Look at trends.

I'm just simply giving the info on what the last two GFS overall runs have given us that's all

Posted

Weather forecast: London & South East England

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Becoming cloudy and windy with patchy rain during Sunday. Monday and Tuesday, becoming very cold with bright spells and sleet or snow showers, some heavy, leading to accumulations.

Updated: 0308 on Fri 7 Dec 2012

Edited by West Sussex Kate

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looking at surface analysis this morning, dew points over East Anglia have been hovering around 0C and temps not much higher, hence the snow. Further W and SW dew points higher - so been mostly rain/sleet apart from over high ground

Posted

It's one run! Don't look at run one and take it, also the models can't pick up on troughs ETC until a out 6-12hrs out.. Look at the actually trends snow is impossible to for ast over 24hrs out

Amen! I'm happy with whatever comes. TBH I think we should keep the models out of this thread and leave it to them because it gets so heated and tempers start to fly. It's funny watching people loose their rag over 1 run though biggrin.png

Also if i was in charge of that forum i would ban them rampers from posting anymore because all they want to see is the mild or cold. Not only will it balance out that forum a lot better but also you would get better posts in there, and not the rattlers being thrown around at the mo, we all know (and forum mods) know who is the mild/cold rampers are. Get rid of them.. Better viewing for us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Rain here now. The snow lasted about 2 minutes.