Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

A very dense fog here across the fields, a very eerie feel with it too . My weather station is showing a temp of -1.7c but it feels so much colder than that. Brrrrrr cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Is it foggy with you Mullender? Clear here atm. -2.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Is it foggy with you Mullender? Clear here atm. -2.8c

Yes thick fog here since dusk and -3.8c which is only a degree of last nights low already.

strange wells is still clear I believe its freezing fog all the way to bristol currently.

I really have the urge to go out for a drink tonight but it is only tuesday and I'm so bored! help.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yes thick fog here since dusk and -3.8c which is only a degree of last nights low already.

strange wells is still clear I believe its freezing fog all the way to bristol currently.

Yup, very foggy in east Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Strange... Hopefully get some later. Love freezing fog!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW GALES LIGHTNING

His location is the loony bin ward at Weston hospital blum.gif lol

looney bin near weston hosp you mean lolclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Wow... very dense fog on my drive home northwards out of Bristol this evening. Temps currently -2.3C. The main road on the a38 north was so busy I chose to do my normal fast route down the lanes along the Severn Vale...big mistake haha - it was so difficult to drive when hardly being able to be see anything.

Posted

Dense freezing fog here. Brass monkeys!

A balmy 22c in da house though.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Ha this freezing fog is fun.

Theres a place near me ( coopers edge ) that gets quite thick fog in certain parts .. Must be to do with the hills etc.. Anyway, There must be a good 1/2Cm of the stuff on the roads and cars and pavements. Its just like snow.

I love it, All the trees get covered. Everything is white ( You can even see it falling. Its slightly heavier than normal foggy snizzle. )

No snizzle here but the sky has a very orange glow to it, much like a snow laden sky. Obviously it's just the fog but very chilly out there. Current temp is -3.1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Very strange. I le work about 6 down in frome, nothing there but fog and ice on windscreen. Going home, just past hospital and up by leisure centre up hill and completely white. Heavy fine snow since and everything covered nice n white. I remember we had this for 5day and night streak in 2010 and ended up with 2.5cm of fine snow just from the fog yet bottom of frome had nothing. Amazing the local differences in our weather here.will posta pic when my son gone to sleep.

Posted

Some interest could be developing towards the sw. Latest radar showing some showers heading nw off the Channel.

These are hit and miss and really only likely to effect coastal fringes, it depends how well they hold up over the next hour.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

Very strange. I le work about 6 down in frome, nothing there but fog and ice on windscreen. Going home, just past hospital and up by leisure centre up hill and completely white. Heavy fine snow since and everything covered nice n white. I remember we had this for 5day and night streak in 2010 and ended up with 2.5cm of fine snow just from the fog yet bottom of frome had nothing. Amazing the local differences in our weather here.will posta pic when my son gone to sleep.

Totally agree, very strange..... Fromey posted a pic earlier with "snizzle" on his car (somewhere near the rugby club), but where I am (just off Locks Hill), there's nothing at all......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Totally agree, very strange..... Fromey posted a pic earlier with "snizzle" on his car (somewhere near the rugby club), but where I am (just off Locks Hill), there's nothing at all......

nought here on Newbury...however I noticed on the nw radar lots of little blue pixels dotted over the south west and south central..and also London I think..I put it down to the recent downtime of NW site whistling.gif .......but maybe it is the snizzle in reality?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny summers / thunderstorms, Cold snowy/wet windy winters.

Some interest could be developing towards the sw. Latest radar showing some showers heading nw off the Channel.

These are hit and miss and really only likely to effect coastal fringes, it depends how well they hold up over the next hour.

Heading my way, sadly for me though its + 5.2 and dp +2 so just cold rain :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Temperature just made it above freezing today but started dropping like a stone mid-afternoon. I went and picked my daughter up from school and was chatting on the playground for about 20 minutes. Went back to the car and the inside of my windscreen had frozen over. Of course my fan isn't working so was trying to clear it with a sponge whilst driving gingerly home!

Currently -4.2c and still quite clear.

Posted

Plymouth streamer setting up rofl.gif

No...really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Hi prophecyman, i work right near locks hill. I live on other side (bath side) of frome and you wont belive your eyes when i take the pic in next 15 mins or so.ill post it here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

What's all that setting up in the channel .... Looking like showers????

They have been forecast on today's hi-res runs to develop this evening, running NWwards at the moment, and then to become slightly more organized and pushed more North & NE through the early hours leaving a few lucky places (more likely the Mendips/Blackdown Hills and parts of Wilts) with a dusting by breakfast time.....not much, but I'll take anything right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Hi prophecyman, i work right near locks hill. I live on other side (bath side) of frome and you wont belive your eyes when i take the pic in next 15 mins or so.ill post it here.

im glad im not the only one to see this, thought i was mad.fool.gif

fromey

Posted

Snow grains/flakes will continue a feature tonight where freezing fog has sufficient depth. Other key aspect we'll watch are the showers highlighted in forecasts earlier for areas contiguous to Lyme Bay across to Exeter - stronger signal in high-res models for heavier snow showers into areas here and possible UKMO will issue yellow warning on this, but awkward mix of rain/sleet/snow as SCu tops not sufficiently developed aloft to offer efficient ice crystal formation even where profiles are all sub-zero. Either way, icy road threat, for sure.

As for Thursday, still tricky on northern bounds of early AM PPN boundary, but we continue with a middle-ground approach from NAE, GM and EC, so essentially light snow/sleet-to-rain likely anywhere south of approx Bristol Channel to Thames Estuary, but any snow accumulations insignificant, so it's the potential for icy roads again at the forefront of our forecast message.

Saving grace, of sorts, for Fri AM is the rapidity of heaviest frontal PPN eastwards, but scope for 10-25mm and timing still subject to some error, albeit potentially coinciding into AM rush-hour, with standing water/localised flooding issues probable in prone spots. Gales then and at times potentially through weekend coincide with rising astronomical tide, so could get quite lively on windward seafronts and promenades.

Edited by fergieweather