Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

-4 here last night, blinking cold but everything looks very pretty with the thick layer of frost. Dogs however are less than impressed, one came flying down the garden, tried to corner onto the decking, promptly lost all footing and slid into the French windows smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

fairly clear sky here this morning and currently -4.2c after an over night low of -4.8c

my iphone met office app has snow for me thursday morning from 3 - 12 air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Was -4.8c when i went outside at 8.20am and is slowly rising. Beautiful crisp morning.

Posted

morning all.

-5.1c here this morning

fromey

Well you were a late developer blum.gif but looks like you hold last nights record low localy good.gif

Prospects for a little snow before we get steam rolled by atlantic seems a little better now biggrin.png

Ian Fergussonâ€@fergieweather

W COUNTRY Thurs tricky as potential for snow early AM, perhaps 1-2cm so hopefully not disruptive. Most likely areas Mendips/B&NES/ N'wards..

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

-5 here last night, crisp with clear skys this morning, just beautiful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

A very frosty start to proceedings here in Radstock with temperatures here on the hilltop down to -3.4C at 07:50 and much lower down in the valley. Seems we have escaped the wrath of freezing fog at least until tonight.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted

We were never sent home from school if the heating was broken. The teacher used to just break the icicles off our fingers and noses and beat us with a stick to make us warm....

Think you replied to the wrong thread.... rofl.giftease.gif

Posted

Think you replied to the wrong thread.... rofl.giftease.gif

Just checking you're all awake in here!!! :lol:

Posted

Well you were a late developer blum.gif but looks like you hold last nights record low localy good.gif

Prospects for a little snow before we get steam rolled by atlantic seems a little better now biggrin.png

W COUNTRY Thurs tricky as potential for snow early AM, perhaps 1-2cm so hopefully not disruptive. Most likely areas Mendips/B&NES/ N'wards..

...and hello? Met Office website now showing a little snow on the South coast tomorrow morning too? If we have a dusting in Pompey that would count as a significant cold spell, cos it hardly ever happens!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

looks great out there this morning, nice and frosty with plenty of blue sky, this is the next best thing to having snow, just wish it would last longer than just the next day or so, I am fed up with wind and rain plus our patch can't cope with anymore heavy rainfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest NAE has a little snow starting to appear over Exmoor on its last frame;

post-12721-0-03702300-1355224345_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning, i was really surprised by that, perhaps a bit of a frost hollow, so you could probably knock about 0.5c off, but yes it did drop very rapidly last light after the initial problem of not getting below 0c.

im hoping for a few flakes but thats it really.

still frosty here and now thick fog -1.5ccold.gif

fromey

fromey

Posted

Latest NAE has a little snow starting to appear over Exmoor on its last frame;

post-12721-0-03702300-1355224345_thumb.j

Looks interesting... might see a decent dusting as it moves inland into colder air on later frames... air_kiss.gif

What do you think odds are though of a last min adjustment with warmer air filtering in ahead of the ppn... aggressive.gif

Morning, i was really surprised by that, perhaps a bit of a frost hollow, so you could probably knock about 0.5c off, but yes it did drop very rapidly last light after the initial problem of not getting below 0c.

fromey

fromey

Yes going to be our first ice day I think in many places. cold and clear skys here -1.1c

Posted

The thing that's bothering me though is the fact milder air comes in ahead of the PPN, so away from the highest ground, upper air temps & thickness's don't look good enough to me but we will wait & see, what do I know. lol;

post-12721-0-97329900-1355225352_thumb.jpost-12721-0-23034700-1355225360_thumb.j

Posted

fromey

fromey

Cheers Fromey, good to know when driving home later on from Bristol....Guess the fog will only get more dense as they day goes on?

Posted

Cheers Fromey, good to know when driving home later on from Bristol....Guess the fog will only get more dense as they day goes on?

Doesn't look like it will cause as much of an issue for the evening rush as previously thought maybe, with it not thickening properly until later into the evening;

post-12721-0-36269900-1355225701_thumb.j

There is reduced visibility overnight & into tomorrow mornings commute however;

post-12721-0-74270900-1355225740_thumb.jpost-12721-0-67896400-1355225747_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Prior to the last few years I would have snapped up the chance of having a snow to rain event but now that kind of event doesn't float my boat, nothing worse than seeing snow turn to rain plus any lying snow won't be around for very long, but knowing me I will probably end up taking a drive up the mendips anyway to get a glimpse of some of the white stuff lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All Weather

What a beautiful day after a chilly start of -5.0c at 6am temperatures have now climed to a dizzy 1.9c, still plenty of frost about in the shade.

We seem to now be over the chaos that the icy roads caused this morning with lots of accidents and roads closed being reported in the area.

Looking like another period of very interesting weather heading our way after tomorrow with possible snow Thursday and storms Friday, going to be one to watch me thinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

A report from a friend of some snow in Southampton. Just a few flakes but still the white stuff.

Posted

well my temperature seems to have peaked today at -1.1c and in last 20 mins has dropped back to -1.3c can't see this getting above 0c today drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW GALES LIGHTNING

Prior to the last few years I would have snapped up the chance of having a snow to rain event but now that kind of event doesn't float my boat, nothing worse than seeing snow turn to rain plus any lying snow won't be around for very long, but knowing me I will probably end up taking a drive up the mendips anyway to get a glimpse of some of the white stuff lol

at six in the morning your game lol tease.gif