Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 12th 2012>

Coast

Posted

I'm wondering whether the back edge of the main rain is coming into the south coast area now and the other stuff in the Channel (admittedly loads of it) is convective? I.e. the south coast will suffer lots of prolonged showers, but areas much further inland will begin to dry up as the (possible) back edge moves through?

There is convective element to today's events, I think that comes this afternoon though. 10,6 mm rain in the last 2 hours and much more to come :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

it feels like we've stepped back a Season. Winter yesterday, Autumn today! Still raining hard here and feels very mild compared to the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Imagine how much snow we'd be having now if the cold had just been able to hang on cray.gif

I was trying not to think about that rolleyes.gif

Consoling myself with the fact there has only been 2mm of rain here so far....Temperature 6.4 °C but feels colder in the gusty wind !

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

We've touched the vertiginous heights of 7 degrees C here at the Bridge, rain started at 10 ack emma and 3 mm so far but looking at the charts this is the thin end of a watery wedge (if a wedge can indeed be watery).

Posted

Yellow Warning of Wind for London & South East England :

Kent, East Sussex, Medway, West Sussex & Brighton and Hove

Valid from: 1500 on Fri 14 Dec 2012

Valid to: 2100 on Fri 14 Dec 2012

Winds will increase to gale force through today with southwesterly gusts of 60-65 mph possible over parts of Kent and Sussex, particularly on English Channel coasts. The strongest winds may well coincide with this evening's busy period.

The public should be aware that this could cause disruption to transport.

Issued at: 1023 on Fri 14 Dec 2012

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=6AEB33B3-0667-9CAC-DF95-98E90AF40223_1_SE&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=7&lon=-0

Posted

Winds will increase to gale force through today with southwesterly gusts of 60-65 mph possible over parts of Kent and Sussex, particularly on English Channel coasts. The strongest winds may well coincide with this evening's busy period.

Indeed there are! Its, blowing a hooley out there and the rain has temporary subsided but there's more on the way by the looks of the black clouds. Pressure is now plummeting and the max gust so far has been 44.1 mph (sounds like more from inside!).

Here's the progress of things this afternoon:

LOC_20121214_0900.png

Posted

Not a particularly pleasant looking weekend for most weather wise anyway....I hope you've all got some nice Christmassy things planned and have a good one anyway good.gif

Personally the highlight of my weekend will be the 'Christmas Queen' a pantomime performed by the local equestrian stunt riders, here is Sebastian the smallest member of the team in rehearsals....

post-10773-0-67777500-1355493651_thumb.j

http://www.thedevils...s/xmaspanto.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Wind really started to roar in the past 30 minutes. The above weather warning suggests it's only going to get worse.

doesnt look good for my nice new led blossom tree sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Really wild and wet here now. Ooooh! I love it like this. Very Wuthering Heights. Er...minus the heights of course. :D

Posted

doesnt look good for my nice new led blossom tree sorry.gif

Can you bring it inside ?

I looked at getting one of those for the living room, it probably would have been a good idea as the kittens have had a field day knocking the decorations off the tree....there are more balls on the floor than on the branches now !

Getting some heavier rain here atm - total is up to 5mm so nothing like as much as you guys down south angel.gif

Posted

Very Wuthering Heights. Er...minus the heights of course. biggrin.png

Are you just Wuthering then? :unsure:

Posted

Can you bring it inside ?

I looked at getting one of those for the living room, it probably would have been a good idea as the kittens have had a field day knocking the decorations off the tree....there are more balls on the floor than on the branches now !

Getting some heavier rain here atm - total is up to 5mm so nothing like as much as you guys down south angel.gif

unfortunately not its a 7ft one its drilled into a metal plate in the ground but its not very supported on top, ive managed to anchor a guide rope into the ground and secure it round the tree. Im seriously starting to wonder why i chose a house on a cliff!? yes thats the only problem with little furry friends they cant help themselfs when it comes to a christmas tree :)

Posted

Well its been absolutely dire here since early morning with near incessant rain and gloomy skies. The radar is showing some beefy looking showers heading towards London now. I wish my AWS was working so I could record some actual figures.

Hunkering down for the evening, I just hope I have enough 'essential' supplies to lighten my mood drinks.gif

Posted

unfortunately not its a 7ft one its drilled into a metal plate in the ground but its not very supported on top, ive managed to anchor a guide rope into the ground and secure it round the tree.

Crikey, that sounds like some serious engineering work going on there !!

Posted

Crikey, that sounds like some serious engineering work going on there !!

well us ladies never do things by halves smile.png

i was very determined it was going to stay put

Edited by hernebaylooby

Posted

........ yes thats the only problem with little furry friends they cant help themselfs when it comes to a christmas tree smile.png

tell me about it....

post-10773-0-92190800-1355496021_thumb.j

..good luck with your tree, sounds like you've done all you can good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp reached a high of 10.5 even though it doesn't feel that mild ,it's stopped raining about an hour ago a bit breezy but nothing too bad ,sun is trying to break through the clouds .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Temp reached a high of 10.5 even though it doesn't feel that mild ,it's stopped raining about an hour ago a bit breezy but nothing too bad ,sun is trying to break through the clouds .

We have faint sunshine here and a rainbow too!