Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland regional discussion 21/12/12 and beyond

The watcher

Posted

As predicted Northern Ireland removed from Weather Warnings by The Met Office. Virtually the whole of England, Scotland and Wales to get our snow.

:-(

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I have got that horrible feeling that the uk will get a snowfest at the weekend while for us it will be a washout. Cold blocks to our northeast often are not worth a damn to this country as we are just too far west to be properly affected. Until we see proper height rises over Greenland i feel that maybe we are just wasting our time with this. Raining ouside as i type temp 4c typical s###.

Edited by sundog

Posted

Gutted.... I wanted to build a snow cat!!

So Friday is out.... But what about the weekend and beyond??

It shows potential but thats about it.

Will wait for the 12z before getting the Prozac

My only hope is that the models are underestimating the block and backs things West a 100 miles.

Posted

The BBC national weather forecast is going for wet conditions for Northern Ireland perhaps some hope for early next week - we live in hope

Posted

Has any noticed the lack of a real northerly blast which usually provided must parts with snow, recently the last couple of years there hasn't been anything great - its usually an easterly or north easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Hats off to met eirann. There computer must be ok because they never bought into this snow outlook. I'm just going to continue to post until one is shown before I actually contact net weather myself to ask why some of my posts are not shown. In case it's a glitch which I know it's not. I know who is playing games

Wish it were not so.... unless Met Eireann say it will snow I dont get my hopes up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

yep this cold spell is turning into a damp squib. next week looks better for us, greenland heights suits us better.

Posted

Not sure what charts ye guys are looking at ?

The 06z run is laden with snowfall from Sunday onwards

It's not a question of will it, more a question of how severe

That's my reading of it anyway.

Worth Noting GP's comments on the model thread, WOW!!

Posted

Not sure what charts ye guys are looking at ?

The 06z run is laden with snowfall from Sunday onwards

It's not a question of will it, more a question of how severe

That's my reading of it anyway.

Worth Noting GP's comments on the model thread, WOW!!

I had to wipe my eyes and re read that post from gp. i thought it was from some other ahem... idiot who was just ramping. and then I realise that it was from gp. this could get interesting.

Posted

Yes pomeroysnow. I would tend to agree that it may be a rain to snow event. It just depends how much rain before hand and if we can get this low to pivot and undercut more. Look it's a huge letdown ref fri but on a positive note it can't get an lower than this morning. Lets see if gp is right, we may not have to wait long. The warning could go back up for fri night and sat again with a little bit of luck!

Posted

http://www.wetterzen...pics/brack2.gif

here is latest fax chart for saturday. look closely and notice the 528 dam line is over most of the country, if any prsip falls it could be wintry. I think met eirann are as clueless as us as to what is going to happen over the weekend.

whats interesting too is: look at the low pressure systems traveling on a southern jet smashing into spain and portugal, this will help heights to our north grow.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

I saw that storm force. I think pomeroysnow may be onto something. Look it shifted east very quickly so it could shift back west quickly too. As MS said all we need is it to move west by 100 miles and its jackpot time again!! I know it's the long shot but its happened before. To be perfectly honest I'm more happy that rain is predicted and the chance it may turn too snow than snow forecast and it just rains!! It could happen but we may get a surprise.