Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - December 29th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

On a different note, I seem to have lost all the editing tools, using firefox anyone know any reason why?

Ben a few people saying that today, I'll raise it with the team.

Posted

Ben a few people saying that today, I'll raise it with the team.

took me ages to load Firefox this morning

Posted

It probably thinks there is an Easterly on the way and is restricting bandwidth:)

Absolutely no chance!!!! rofl.gif (I've left a note for the technical guys on posting issues)

Posted

the sea is still crazily churned up here in Brighton as the wind keeps up its campaign to give everyone a Don King hair 'style'

'post-3098-0-44925100-1356947928_thumb.jp

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Morning CM!

Had a 40.1 mph gust in the last hour and more to come here. Looks like a walk along my favourite part of East Sussex is in order shortly to watch the waves!

post-6667-0-96944500-1356944242_thumb.gi

Morning MKSA!

the sea is still crazily churned up here in Brighton as the wind keeps up its campaign to give everyone a Don King hair 'style'

'post-3098-0-44925100-1356947928_thumb.jp

The only way to appreciate this weather is by the coast I think. Would love to see the sea kicking up under these sort of conditions.

Posted

The only way to appreciate this weather is by the coast I think. Would love to see the sea kicking up under these sort of conditions.

I'll try and grab some pictures later. But you're right, there's nothing like the full force of nature; the wind, the salty spray and the sound of the crashing waves on the beach - home good.gif

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/16619-seafront-041112-29/

Edited by Coast

Posted

I'll try and grab some pictures later. But your'e right, there's nothing like the full force of nature; the wind, the salty spray and the sound of the crashing waves on the beach - home good.gif

I plan to get some twine and then fly the spaniel as a kite - those ears should help him get quite high!

Yesterday on the beach in the morning the tide was trying to go out and the wind was bullying the sea in towards the shore. Combined with the steep shelving of the beach it made for some truly spectacular waves. More of the same this morning to help work up a decent appetite for lunch somehwere.

Have a good New Year's Eve, all

AS

Posted

I plan to get some twine and then fly the spaniel as a kite - those ears should help him get quite high!

rofl.gif I don't think I'd be very popular if I tried that!!!

Posted

rofl.gif I don't think I'd be very popular if I tried that!!!

Pioneers of flight were not always popular - I shall have to stick to my principles!

Posted

Pioneers of flight were not always popular - I shall have to stick to my principles!

Good luck!!! *rings RSPCA*

flying-cocker-spaniel.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Well that walk certainly blew the cobwebs away (and yes, my Spaniel nearly took off)! Very blustery here,many newly fallen branches and wheelie bins over. Happy New Year to you all drinks.gif

Posted

It feels as though rain is not far away now. The wind has picked up and I think has changed direction slightly as the sash windows are now thudding and vibrating. This building is like a percussion instrument when the wind blows.

To the beach and beyond!

AS

Posted

Happy New Year to you all drinks.gif

Thank you and Happy New Year to you too Scrat!!!

ESTOFEX have a forecast out which includes us:

DISCUSSION

... southern Ireland ... southern UK ... northern Iberian Peninsula ... French Atlantic coast ...

Showers and thunderstorms are anticipated to persist near the thermal trough axis over the Atlantic. Although the storm depth should become progressively more shallow as the system moves eastward, scattered lightning may still occur over the Bay of Biscay and adjacent coastal areas in the evening and overnight hours. It seems that there may be a small spatial overlap of decent shear (> 20 m/s DLS and > 10 m/s LLS) in the coastal regions of S Ireland/S UK and from NW Iberia to N France. This suggests that there may be a small risk of a few brief severe weather events, including a tornado or two. However, the threat is not robust enough to warrant a level 1 area.

Which kinda looks like this:

gfs_stp_eur6.png

gfs_srh_eur6.png

gfs_stp_eur9.png

gfs_srh_eur9.png

Posted

Help ! When are we due a break from this rain ? My fields are flooded and my horse is in danger of getting trench foot lol , seriously getting hard work now removing mud from a stroppy horse who can't find any grass to eat !

Posted

Very good! Did you persuade them to pop the occasional post on NWeather?

AS

Sadly not! I did mention Netweather to Phil Avery and he had heard of us though! It was very interesting hearing their backgrounds and how they got into it, and also what it's actually like having to do the forecasts. Always being squeezed into a minute or two and sometimes not knowing how long they will have until literally the last second. Very lovely people.

Posted

Got a new wireless weather station from Maplans for crimbo..

Looked at the wind speed today and it was reading zero!!!, after looking at it realised it was stuck..

Took it back to get a new one only to be told that they have been told to withdraw them from sale due to a fault in the gearing..

They should have one's delivered withing the next 2 weeks "not happy"

Anyone else with simmular problems ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Got a new wireless weather station from Maplans for crimbo..

Looked at the wind speed today and it was reading zero!!!, after looking at it realised it was stuck..

Took it back to get a new one only to be told that they have been told to withdraw them from sale due to a fault in the gearing..

They should have one's delivered withing the next 2 weeks "not happy"

Anyone else with simmular problems ??

oh dear a few of us have indeed just got these weather stations.mines ok atm it the wirless touch screen one.I know they flew of the shelves just before xmas.Hope you get it sorted soon x