Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - December 29th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm new to the thread so wishing everyone a happy new year. When will we see the next cold snap in the SE

Welcome aboard. The answer to the above probably being when we least expect it.

I have a sneaky inkling for it to begin around the 12th January with a rather different synoptic scenario taking over from the benign but necessary High Pressure.

I'd like to wish everyone a very happy new year, and hopefully moving into a snowy 2013!

Welcome to the forum and this thread (and also a happy new year!) Please could you place your location onto your profile (click on your profile, 'my settings'), many thanks! smile.png

As for your question, I'd say the risk of a cold spell increases from around the 10-12th January onwards after a quieter spell of HP dominated weather, hopefully leading us into a snowy second half of winter!

Ha ha, Ben beat me to it. nea.gif

Happy New year all and its new weather.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I have resolved my lack of editing tools problem, I pressed the very first button at the top which toggles the editing moderofl.gif

:doh: Well at least it wasn't major forum issues - HNY!

Posted

Morning all,

Terrific start to the new year weather-wise with clear blue sky though breezy, currently 4.8C. Going ahead to the next few days, some rain likely for most tomorrow afternoon then turning drier and less windy thereafter, however it will be mainly cloudy, but mild. A definite cooling trend in the longer term on the GFS ensembles:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

Perhaps a sign of something brewing in the longer term?

Posted

Welcome aboard. The answer to the above probably being when we least expect it.

I have a sneaky inkling for it to begin around the 12th January with a rather different synoptic scenario taking over from the benign but necessary High Pressure.

Ha ha, Ben beat me to it. nea.gif

Happy New year all and its new weather.

Glad we're on the same wave-length GTLTW! :D .

I'd be suprised if the second half of this meterological winter is not snowier and colder than the first half, particularly between mid-Jan and mid-Feb. It's a waiting game I suppose, to see what lies in store for us in the longer term.

Posted

happy new year everyone!!

on a slightly sadder note- does anyone have the time and money to take on an arthritic horse? only lots of money will help ours now, which we dont have and her days are numbered- in single figures sad.png

Posted

I'd be suprised if the second half of this meterological winter is not snowier and colder than the first half, particularly between mid-Jan and mid-Feb. It's a waiting game I suppose, to see what lies in store for us in the longer term.

It couldn't have been less wintry so far....

Posted

happy new year everyone!!

on a slightly sadder note- does anyone have the time and money to take on an arthritic horse? only lots of money will help ours now, which we dont have and her days are numbered- in single figures sad.png

Whare are you , there are a few charities that might be able to help x

Posted

Lovely day in Eastbourne.Off to walk the dogs at Normans Bay ,last time I did that I could hardly stand up on the beach due to lashing wind and rain!

Posted

Whare are you , there are a few charities that might be able to help x

horsham in sussex. thing is she will need ongoing expensive treatment. unless someone is prepared to take her on i doubt a charity could help much. its just so horrible to have to have her put down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Happy new year people! smile.png anyone get those showers last night? Bit on the heavy side....

Yep we got them.

Posted

horsham in sussex. thing is she will need ongoing expensive treatment. unless someone is prepared to take her on i doubt a charity could help much. its just so horrible to have to have her put down

Can you message me more details , age, breed , meds etc and ill ask some horsey friends , I've heard of a couple of charities that will take a horse with extensive needs x

Edited by geminitracie

Posted

Ah Normans Bay. The last place I had a swim in the English Channel, and that was in the glorious August of 2003. I wouldn't say no to another one like that 10 years on !!

Lovely day in Eastbourne.Off to walk the dogs at Normans Bay ,last time I did that I could hardly stand up on the beach due to lashing wind and rain!

A Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all the good folk on here and of course their families, and a big thank you to The Usual Suspects who keep it all ticking over nicely.

BB

Posted

Lovely day in Eastbourne.

It certainly is but it would be nice to find somewhere in Sussex that doesn't require Wellingtons every step of the way and won't leave you knee deep in water or a general muddy quagmire. Still managed to get out for a New Years day amble of a few miles and at least the sun was beaming down!

Sorry about the quality of these, phone camera again:

post-6667-0-38228900-1357053552_thumb.jp post-6667-0-88755100-1357053566_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-53011200-1357053580_thumb.jp post-6667-0-98079300-1357053791_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-05146100-1357053598_thumb.jp post-6667-0-01458700-1357053608_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-01458700-1357053608_thumb.jp post-6667-0-72603000-1357053668_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wish we could help you but my family have already recently taken in an additional "perm loan" horse that has been retired due to age and health. Really is a case of "no room at the inn" now sad.png

Posted

Sorry to hear that BD sad.png I'll ask around as well, I was looking for a field companion for one of ours who is retired now can get a bit stressed when we take the other 2 out and it's only down the A24 from you but I think a small pony would be a safer choice, I'll let you know if anything comes up though.

thanks QS, i doubt she'll have the chance now, she's booked in for tomorrow morning. i thought there would be a few days before they could do it. i suppose its one of those things you have to get done quickly once you make the decision. it would be nice to get a last minute reprieve though

Posted

Aww, so sorry to hear that. Never nice to see an animal go, just wish knew someone with the time to help her out. sad.png

its very sad but she is in a lot of pain. however we are looking for a replacement, on loan or a re-home. preferrably one that can be ridden by kids as well as adults, if you know of any?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Happy new Year to you all.....​would have said this last night but i was seeing to many keyboards and as for the letters "blimey". Anyway back to reality and that work thing.

Posted

In the absence of anything else, it is the kindest option. I don't know of anything like that straight off but if anyone mentions anything with that potential i'll drop you a PM smile.png

ok thanks QS good.gif

Posted

hope everyone had a good new year

red wine not good for your head smiliz64.gif

my ramp charts from the 12z

gens-4-0-300.png?12

gens-4-0-312.png?12

gens-4-0-324.png?12

gens-4-0-336.png?12

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=4&mode=1&carte=0

i also like number 10

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=10&mode=1&carte=0 w00t.gif

MT8_London_ens.png

Posted

i think the control run had some of my wine (the dark blue line)

gefs ensembles for surrey

t2mSurrey.png

prmslSurrey.png

prcpSurrey.png

that would mean we would be buried on the 15th w00t.gif

you can see from the pressure charts fi is on the 13th

Posted

Normans Bay was very nice. Clear blue sky and a nice 8 degrees . Dogs loved it and we're not covered in mud. My hope now are for a gradual move to crisp cold days with a memorable cold spell.

Can anyone shed light on the seemingly mythical " Presutti polar winter" that I have seen mentioned on various forums?

Thanks.