Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - December 29th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Blowing up a big one out there but there is so much rain and onshore wind that I couldn't get any decent pictures. On to the serious stuff now though and the last drinking session of 2012 commences shortly!

Cheers for the year everyone! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

WISHING YOU ALL HEALTH,WEALTH, LOVE AND HAPPINESS.....(and lots of snow !)

post-10773-0-68147600-1356966294_thumb.j

Happy new year angel.gif

Ali x

Posted

Happy new year to everyone., lets hope the rain stop its pouring down here at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all se crew! V wet n windy here in brentford. Getting ready for friends to arrive at 6pm, doing champagne and canapés. Happy new year to you all, have a good un!!!

Posted

Raining like mad again now, should be the last of it for a few days at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Very wet and very windy here..............I would like to wish all my new found friends on the SE thread a 'Happy New Year!'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Happy new year everyone

Looking forward to this thread once we get our well deserved cold and snow

Just love the buzz when our thread hits 20 pages every few hours

Bring it on

Posted

I'd like to wish everyone a very happy new year, and hopefully moving into a snowy 2013!

I'm new to the thread so wishing everyone a happy new year. When will we see the next cold snap in the SE

Welcome to the forum and this thread (and also a happy new year!) Please could you place your location onto your profile (click on your profile, 'my settings'), many thanks! smile.png

As for your question, I'd say the risk of a cold spell increases from around the 10-12th January onwards after a quieter spell of HP dominated weather, hopefully leading us into a snowy second half of winter!

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

My road really is a lake now (lovely if only only there were fish ;-). Happy New Year to you all drinks.gif Here's wishing for a fabulously white Jan and Feb, a beautiful mild and sunny March and April and the best summer ever good.gif

Posted

happy new year all coast and all the people on here off to sample some bottles plus some vodka see you all in 2013drunk.gif

Posted

Happy new year everyone :)

Hoping for a cold second half of January, and all fingers crossed for a snowy January 31st (my sons 2nd birthday), Pleasant March 5th (my birthday) and a warm/hot May 31st (my sisters wedding!)....

Posted

Hi all

Have a great time fellow weather nuts (that's what I am called)

Happy new year

Thanks for your messages and fax update and possibly a little ramp later on :-)

I'm going look east during 2nd week of jan.just for us in the S.E

Posted

Happy New Year!

I'm just chilling and eating sliced filled baguette, waiting for Southernman to come back from work.

Finding some of the posts about a potential cold second half of January very interesting.

Posted

The wind is slowly, at long last, fading away, a bit like the old year. Happy new year and happy new weather to all of us!

AS

Posted

Been a rubbish one really, but lets looks forward eh?

2013-new-year-fireworks-animated-gifs-text-banner-2013-happy-new-year-free-images-photo-graphics-banners-e-cards-clipart-free-vector-background-clipart-illoustration-i-love-u-holidays-20.gif

Edited by Coast

Got a new wireless weather station from Maplans for crimbo..

Looked at the wind speed today and it was reading zero!!!, after looking at it realised it was stuck..

Took it back to get a new one only to be told that they have been told to withdraw them from sale due to a fault in the gearing..

They should have one's delivered withing the next 2 weeks "not happy"

Anyone else with simmular problems ??

Hi there,

I had one bought about two weeks before Xmas and over the holiday period it did the same, it would move backwards but went forward for a few seconds then stopped, it is the following model

http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-touchscreen-wireless-weather-forecaster-228825

I had a look on the sandaysoft.com forum which the Cumulus software can be downloaded from and found a very interesting article about this problem and how to remove the cups and oil the ball bearings inside, see here (you may have to register to access the download)

http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2474

Well after taking the pole down in the rain on Saturday I removed the cups and oiled the bearings and after a while it started working fine and touch wood has now been running for more than 48 hours. I have a feeling that these units have been stored somewhere for a while and the oil used is not up to the job.

I see that Maplins do have replacements, however they are also out of stock at the moment.

Hopefully this helps as they seem to record as well as my Davis and using the Cumulus software it sends data up to the web very well, i am just in the process of sending data up to the Met office WOW web site.

Chris

Happy New Year everyone and here's to a white out in four weeks time

Edited by Chris Mantle

Posted

Been a rubbish one really, but lets looks forward eh?

2013-new-year-fireworks-animated-gifs-text-banner-2013-happy-new-year-free-images-photo-graphics-banners-e-cards-clipart-free-vector-background-clipart-illoustration-i-love-u-holidays-20.gif

Hi Coast, funny old business New Year. I really have no time for compulsory jollity but am always interested in thinking back and looking forwards. The older I get the more the events of the previous year seem to assume a level of significance that never troubled me in my earlier years. Some this year were very difficult, such as the death of my mother, others less dramatic but still really important, only 1 child out of 3 still at junior school now, a complete inability to listen to certain music without becoming an emotional wreck, losing patience with intolerance and rudeness, hating TV shows that seek to entertain by recreating murder (but oddly enough not minding films that do that, presumably on some poncy justification that it is more of an art form!

Still, though, loving every sort of wild weather but being a bit less bothered whether it snows or not but still loving it when it does. Being less tolerant of the model thread and its arguments. Becoming more interested in paintings and poetry, in both cases of the Welsh variety. Not, any more, wanting to go camping, unless it is on my own in the middle of nowhere with no phone reception and with mountains all around. Hating packet food with an increased vengance but not always having enough time to cook from scratch. Too much time driving to and from an office nearly 2 hours away, and my job making me cross and only cheered up on the journey by eating bloody wine gums.

Anyway, enough of this esoteric nonsense.

Happy New Year!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Hi Coast, funny old business New Year.

Yep, I'm a little too reflective on what's been a daft year for many personal reasons - I just don't want to visit it again TBH!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I actually don't know anyone who has had a good 2012 - it's certainly sounds as if it's time to put all the bad stuff behind us and look forwards to what will hopefully be a much happier year all round.... and with a bit of luck some decent weather thrown in as well angel.gif

post-10773-0-59335100-1356991844_thumb.j