Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 9th January 2013>

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Well something is coming, my cats in the last couple of days have started eating like there is no tomorrow, and one of them is refusing to go outside and she doesn't like the cold. My other will be fine he was chasing snowballs down the garden in Dec 2010, he loved the snow smile.png

My cat eats like there is no tomorrow every day, she doesn't take any notice of the daily feeding guidelines. But i mentioned a few months ago in a thread on the general discussion board about a farm cat called pickle that i feed. She is my winter forecasting cat as she fluffs up when cold is coming. I have to say she was looking pretty fluffy earlier although not December 2010 fluffy ( she looked like a pompom that month)

Posted

A whole load of eye candy from this run;

post-12721-0-84000300-1357855841_thumb.jpost-12721-0-83278300-1357855848_thumb.jpost-12721-0-69533100-1357855854_thumb.jpost-12721-0-15024800-1357855861_thumb.jpost-12721-0-81659800-1357855866_thumb.j

Remember, don't take these charts literally. The GFS has made big steps towards a much colder/snowier pattern over its last few runs compared to its runs the last couple of days.

A westward correction of 50-100 miles is nothing and is easily possible at this stage.

And the last chart by AWD is where we should leave it for now. The GFS might back off a bit at that range overnight, but don't worry about it.

Good fun ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Everybody leave fridge doors open saturday night, Might just be enough to tip the balance if marginal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Apart from Lynux are there any other Gloucester folk on here, so I can keep a look out for your nowcast posts!

I am trying not to be a lamppost watcher this year, let's see if I succeed or bow to the excitement!!

Thanks

Abbeymead - Gloucester

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

hello another snow fan, yes lets hope we get a little even a dusting, snow dance is now on lol..

Posted

Nice looking chart for Monday here, signalling an almost countrywide snow event, far west still seems to be missing out though...

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=152531

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

If we dont get any, then I'm going on line for a snow machine.....yes I know, I know, but I'm desperate lol sob..

Posted

If we dont get any, then I'm going on line for a snow machine.....yes I know, I know, but I'm desperate lol sob..

Good plan! Haven't really seen any snow here since December 2010!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

GTLTW - I think I love you! this is exactly how I feel about snow hi.gif

wub.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I'm off to stock up tomorrow. Sounds silly, but you never know what will happen. I'm going to be so excited the next few days. You wouldn't believe that I'm in my 30's!

Posted

Nice looking chart for Monday here, signalling an almost countrywide snow event, far west still seems to be missing out though...

http://forum.netweat...ttach_id=152531

Typical wait all winter for this and going to miss out again.

------------------

Camborne, Cornwall

Edited by kernowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

hello another snow fan, yes lets hope we get a little even a dusting, snow dance is now on lol..

I do hope everyone who wants to see snow will be lucky. Will be marginal for lots of us, but this should not be our only chance, If no snow for now enjoy colder weather much better than last few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

That's one unusual FAX chart;

post-12721-0-94803200-1357856933_thumb.j

Posted

Typical wait all winter for this and going to miss out again.

------------------

Camborne, Cornwall

This might cheer you up a bit though... And I know, massive pinch of salt at this range.

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=152535

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

My cat eats like there is no tomorrow every day, she doesn't take any notice of the daily feeding guidelines. But i mentioned a few months ago in a thread on the general discussion board about a farm cat called pickle that i feed. She is my winter forecasting cat as she fluffs up when cold is coming. I have to say she was looking pretty fluffy earlier although not December 2010 fluffy ( she looked like a pompom that month)

Mine also who lives with my parents these days. Apparently though she has been very chatty lately and refuses to go out for long. I think it probably just means she likes the home comforts too much.

Before 2010 my horses coat grew very thick n woolly and he also refused to stay out long... Je hated winter. Alas though I lost him in August so I do wonder if somehow this winter was going to be too much for him if he was still around. :(

Posted

Amazing GFS run. I could literally post 20+ of those snow charts from this run.

Copious amounts of snow shown on tonight's GEM, ECM & 18z GFS.

Word of advice, don't expect runs like this for the next 5 days, it won't happen. There will be variations of the pattern. Just look for the key features and trends to be maintain and the rest will fall into place!

Posted

Loving the charts for later next week from the 18z GFS.

West is Best!

One thing troubling me though - due to go to Dartmouth on Friday morning next week for a 3 day break. Hmm...travel could be interesting! Haldon Hill could be a challenge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Can you lot slow down, this thread is truly hard to keep up with. blum.gif

I need some sleep right now but will return tomorrow, most probably in anticipation of some further..................

Action, Beauty, Coldness, Drama, Entertainment, Frustration, Giggles, Hail, Ice days, Jumping around, Killer cold, Lunacy, Mediation, NMM output, Observations, Precipitation charts, Quick wit, Rain, Snow, T850s, Understatement, Violence, Wind, X-rated charts, Yummy mummies and once all is said and done and I've read and re-read the 500 regional posts, a chance to catch up on some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs.

Please behave in the meanwhile and I bid you night night my lovelies. air_kiss.gif

Posted

And on this note, I bid you all goodnight!

post-12721-0-38138200-1357857559_thumb.j

Posted

Loving the charts for later next week from the 18z GFS.

West is Best!

One thing troubling me though - due to go to Dartmouth on Friday morning next week for a 3 day break. Hmm...travel could be interesting! Haldon Hill could be a challenge!

Take your camera. good.gif