Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sorry galactcwarrior I forgot to say the member’s locations have been temporarily switched off to save resources on the servers so if you could please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (if your not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save)

Done :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

wth these sort of uppers how can darren mild bett be showing all rain across kent now for monday avo . I have just watched his forcast on 24.

Really getting anoyed now ,last night i was looking at 3 days of snow now looking like wet,wet,wet.....diablo.gif

To get snow you need uppers of -7 or less ...anything above that and you're looking at it being marginal , especially at sea level...you could probably get away with snow at -6 , but -5 doesn't quite cut it, so I'd say those areas showing -6 or less are more likely to get snow, those that are showing -3 / -4 / -5 are likely to get more of a rain-sleet-wet snow event

Edited by EML Network

Posted

I just don't get it.

Darren Bett yesterday said significant snow for SE come Monday!

Now we hearing possible rain instead with the fronts not having much energy left on them anyway.

Why does Atlantic rain never downgrade!!!!

Ah this swapping and switching of TV forecasts and Met updates, is giving me a headache.

Off to the gym now, hopefully this evening forecasts change back to snow for the whole of the region.

BBC forecasts will change here and there. They are TOLD what to say and not what they really think is going to happen. That's what happens when you work for the government!!

Don't worry, heavy snow will occur on Mon/Tue over the SE biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

Posted

Anyways this warm sector on monday is v frustrating, could scupper things to the south of london

Yep - this is now a significant spanner in the works - let's hope this evening's runs pushes things west taking the milder air away from our region.

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I suspect the second area of precipitation, if it has any rain in it, will give way to quite heavy snow as we head into Tuesday, and the first part of the day could be quite snowy just about everywhere

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Raining here.....not a flake in sight! (Just put in location........hope it's worked!!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

BBC forecasts will change here and there. They are TOLD what to say and not what they really think is going to happen. That's what happens when you work for the government!!

Aye Yamkin. The MetO tells them what the likely expectations are likely to be. Would you prefer things to be other way round?biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

ITS NOT GOING TO RAIN!!

Unless you are on the extreme coast. Can we PLEASE stop taking the MetO warnings as fact.

Edited by Daniel Smith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Bitterly cold here at the moment. The sort of cold when you snow snow is hanging around up there ^^^ waiyting to fall in the next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

I want to watch the snow falling with Tilly please

Thtas my cats name lol

Is your cat busy on Monday or Tuesday Jo?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

To get snow you need uppers of -7 or less ...anything above that and you're looking at it being marginal , especially at sea level...you could probably get away with snow at -6 , but -5 doesn't quite cut it, so I'd say those areas showing -6 or less are more likely to get snow, those that are showing -3 / -4 / -5 are likely to get more of a rain-sleet-wet snow event

monday night has -10uppers right on the east coast of kent, Expalin the marginality there.

Posted

Aye Yamkin. The MetO tells them what the likely expectations are likely to be. Would you prefer things to be other way round?biggrin.png

just watched the BBC news weather talk about siting on the fence for Monday ,don't think they what to talk about if they do people in east/south east wont go to work as there could be a big snow event

Posted

Frontal snowfall is different. You can often get away with seeing snowfall with uppers at -2c as long as dew points are low enough, convective snowfall is when -5c or low is best for snowfall.

I honestly can't see the marginality at the moment,

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Methuselah, January 12, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Methuselah, January 12, 2013 - No reason given

Mods picking and choosing which non weather related posts they delete i see

Posted

I'm not sure where all this talk of rain is coming from. If the weather front gets here, it'll be snow all the way. If it's the BBC forecasts then there definition drops heavily from day 2. Don't panic peeps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

This is misleading and not the case. Snow can fall readily with uppers of -5, infact if the cold is deep enough and well entrenched, snow can fall with uppers of -2.

Posted

As I have already said. Marginality is not really the issue here. Its whether the fronts hold together and have much ppn left, by the time they reach us. Fronts coming down from the NW have a habit of dying a death by the time they reach our region. Just pray that the intensity holds, or even picks up a bit.

Posted

As I have already said. Marginality is not really the issue here. Its whether the fronts hold together and have much ppn left, by the time they reach us. Fronts coming down from the NW have a habit of dying a death by the time they reach our region. Just pray that the intensity holds, or even picks up a bit.

PVA looks good for maintaining strength

post-7073-0-28092600-1357999251_thumb.pn

post-7073-0-47841900-1357999254_thumb.pn