Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

For all those of us on the Monday commute on the trains into London, maybe not a bad idea to take the snow gear for the trip home - perhaps if allowed, trying to get away early as the evening commute looks a bit special.

V wise words. Am stuck out at canary wharf on Monday, but will be keeping a close eye on net weather reports from around the uk to gauge when to try the commute home!

Posted

Not sure if Reading is South East or not, definitely not Southwest, but it's snowing here at the moment even though the temp is 3.7, not settling though....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Well the NAE, which is really the best predictor of snow vs rain by far suggested everything in this area was going to be rain throughout today, If they have underestimated it then that's a surprise.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201301120000&VAR=prty&HH=12&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Posted

V wise words. Am stuck out at canary wharf on Monday, but will be keeping a close eye on net weather reports from around the uk to gauge when to try the commute home!

Hi Ruthie will be there too 06.00 to 18.30 Monday and Tuesday...with a 60+mile car journey home and no way of leaving early!!! good luck ps don't use words like stuckacute.gif Edited by blackprince

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

By the way, 06z update for Monday from NAE for Monday 6am to midday -

13011406_1206.gif

Posted

I know met have said chance of rain. With uppers of -8 HOW can it be rain? Just how? They are putting all scenarios out to cover themselves. I expect heavy snow Monday night purely due to the uppers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I want to watch the snow falling with Tilly please

Thtas my cats name lol

Posted

I just don't get it.

Darren Bett yesterday said significant snow for SE come Monday!

Now we hearing possible rain instead with the fronts not having much energy left on them anyway.

Why does Atlantic rain never downgrade!!!!

Ah this swapping and switching of TV forecasts and Met updates, is giving me a headache.

Off to the gym now, hopefully this evening forecasts change back to snow for the whole of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

In west reading.

Sorry galactcwarrior I forgot to say the member’s locations have been temporarily switched off to save resources on the servers so if you could please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (if your not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Taken from the MOD thread;

MOGREPS Update: About half of the MOGREPS ensembles show a big Atlantic slider low for next Friday, could be a lot of snow if that came off. Additionally, very good ensembles in the longer term, most have HP over Scandinavia or Iceland, two have a UK high.

Could be a very long rollercoaster ride this. Very interesting week coming up.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75521-southwest-central-southern-england-regional-discussion-12th-january-2013/page__st__140#entry2483517

Posted

Uk paul I take it that the snow to the west of scotland is the main event later mon and Tuesday

I'm presuming so and it's this that the Met Office seem to be very unsure about, early Monday morning looks likely to be light snow with a chance of up to 5cm in favoured areas in the south east. For Monday afternoon then it's all down to temperature, dew points, warm sectors and how the system changes or keeps direction. What would be nice is if the second system is delayed so that it starts hitting us later on Monday afternoon into evening when the temps drop and any snow cover would be secure for overnight.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Certainly atm the GFS and ECM intensifies the snow across the SE Monday evening/night, looks like it will be fun and games!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

For anyone posting from their phones, if you scroll right to the bottom of the forum page, you should see a link for full site. This will bring the site up as you would see it on your computer screens. This will enable you to see locations and signatures. Just thought I'd mention it as I've just discovered it myself and I know some folks can't see the location in the signatures from their mobiles.