Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

I would really not get too hung up on the details on the weather warnings at the moment, it's really nothing more than a heads up and they're covering all the bases (as someone said earlier). It won't be until Monday morning when the Met Office nail their colours the the mast. Just keep an eye on John Pike's updates, they're far more interesting and informative than the BBC's 'graphics' and using fresher data!!! I for one think we're looking very well placed until Thursday at the earliest to see some very decent weather (if cold is your thing). drinks.gif

Posted

why would it be marginal, by the east coast wth -9 uppers and the front in question arriving from the north west, the same thing happened last febuary and we all got a good dumping wth less cold uppers?? confused.

East coast - fine South east coast - very marginal at best

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm looking out the window every 10 mins just to catch a flake, hopefully we won't miss out .

You will be worn out by the time it actually snows then Sara laugh.png

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

Loving the Metcheck forecast for Monday. Early morning we kick off with a few light snow showers, by the afternoon they get more intense, AND then by the evening - Bullseye!!! V Heavy SNOW!!!!! Possible Tuesday snow day for the wife and I!!

dont bother with met check they are useless .im forecast that on the 6 th may 2013 its going to be 17 c & sunny lol .although im sure you will do well where ever you are ,but stick to net weathers forecast me thinks !!!

Posted

I'm now worried about the snow threat for London, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex western parts of Kent - this is confirmed in the Met Office warning for Monday, "...However, there is greater than average uncertainty at this range, especially in the extent to which snow affects southern counties..."

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

hip hip hooray..... the first flakes starting to fall here.

Temp continues to drop away now +2.5c

hopefully the start of a great few days

Nr Charing, Kent ( on North Downs )

Edited by damp patch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

why would it be marginal, by the east coast wth -9 uppers and the front in question arriving from the north west, the same thing happened last febuary and we all got a good dumping wth less cold uppers?? confused.

Last Feb there was over 10cms of quite powdery snow here in a situation not too different to this one and a line from Hove eastwards had upper temperatures that decreased very quickly as one went further east. The temperature here actually fell during that snowfall a couple of degrees below freezing. Back then the sea was a fair bit colder than now and also the continent was exceptionally cold which kept dewpoints lower, even though the wind was blowing straight off the sea. I doubt though for east coast regions on Monday the sea factor will come into it as the wind will not be onshore and the coldest air will be in situ away from the slightly milder air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

I think fwiw the bbc are underplaying today and tomorrow let alone mon

Just had another beefy snow shower here in addington

100% light fluffy snow no sleet at all

Edited by snowbob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold, frosty and crisp!

A few flakes mixed in with rain here in north hants but temp 4.5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

Heavy snow

show off lol good.gif xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

dont bother with met check they are useless .im forecast that on the 6 th may 2013 its going to be 17 c & sunny lol .although im sure you will do well where ever you are ,but stick to net weathers forecast me thinks !!!

You know what? thats probably a pretty good call for the weather around that date, i wonder how well that will varify?! biggrin.png

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

I'm now worried about the snow threat for London, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex western parts of Kent - this is confirmed in the Met Office warning for Monday, "...However, there is greater than average uncertainty at this range, especially in the extent to which snow affects southern counties..."

Read the whole sentence -

"However, there is greater than average uncertainty at this range, especially in the extent to which snow affects southern counties, and it is quite possible that the Alert will be upgraded to an amber Warning if confidence increases."

That can only be interpreted as possible upgrades.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Heavy snow

Hm you are barely 30 miles from meblum.gif Enjoygood.gifbiggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

First post, yay! biggrin.png

Outside here in West Reading is dry and overcast, hopefully this will change soon.

Welcome to NW and to this very friendly regional thread good.gif

Posted

Light Snow falling here...Thought it was meant to be rain... strong eastrly winds too blum.gif

Where in Surrey are you Surrey? (Sorry if you put this in your sig - I'm on my phone and can't see them!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I wonder if its heading my way,anybody know plz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Am I the only one who gets worried when the bbc and meto websites DO forecast snow? We usually do much better when it says none lol!