Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

I'm confused a lot of people saying south east will get snow but on the met office it mostly rain, will Bexhill see any fluffy white stuff? Here's hoping :-/

I have noticed the met office only put on warnings and put snow clouds on about 12 hrs before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

thanks K and you good.gif

......but I was just going to have some soup at lunchtime as it happens wink.png

The threat of snow seems to have created panic buying, if it's right what I've heard things are so scarce in Tesco’s now that people are actually buying organic vegetables....shocking!

Doh!! I meant 'good' of course. But have a food day as well if that's what floats yer boat. :D

What time is that chart for,i have kick off for my area about midday on monday?Am i correct in saying this cahrt is for 6 am monday?coz if so i am missing something,cheers sam x

I would not take that chart too seriously yet..IF Sunday night it is still showing that then yes that is a very good time frame...The first band should give a covering 2-3 CM maybe less..The the second one is the one to watch... Another fourm I just found one guy was going for 4-6" with a top up Tuesday into Wednesday...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Thanks for the reply, doesnt look good down here then, sod living on the coastdiablo.gif

I don't think it is all lost by any means - there is every chance that as the feature crosses the region and the temperatures and dewpoints drop back, then snow is very likely. Plus there is good evidence of snow showers following to our region after the main band, as a cold upper pool of air comes in from the North Sea (sub -10) and that will trigger snow showers which could give some good accumulations - and no marginality at all there. We look well placed for thatsmile.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Good morning my lovelys! I moved from Eastbourne to Polegate (just up the road) last year and now i cannot seem to find anyones weather stations online for round this way. Anybody know of any? Have plenty for Eastbourne, but you would be suprised the temperature difference a few miles can make. Of course i know i should have my own but oh well!

Enjoy your weather watching and keep away from all that horrid arguing like on some other forums pages! ;-)

Jason

Posted

I would not take that chart too seriously yet..IF Sunday night it is still showing that then yes that is a very good time frame...The first band should give a covering 2-3 CM maybe less..The the second one is the one to watch... Another fourm I just found one guy was going for 4-6" with a top up Tuesday into Wednesday...

pick a number. Everyone seems to be without any real guidance. Nnm and nae can't even agree on the first front, never mind the second. i realise that many of you want definitive info but that just isnt realistic at this timeframe with the upcoming scenario. Wait till tomorrow lunchtime for an informed 'guess'.

Posted

I think we may just need to lay of the bold predictions : X amount of snow here - The band stalling here - only sleet/rain for me.

Let's remember that it's only Saturday morning and we will still have slight corrections of Mondays event during today's models. Good or bad.

I think we can safely say that Monday is going to snow! amounts/timings/ ppn type = yet to be confirmed

The BBC and MET are not making any detail on Mondays event yet and neither should we.

But it goes without saying - At last guys..... Snow forecast for us in the reliable ... Woohoo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I can hear loads of seagulls!!!! I'm sure I've read somewhere that's a sign of snow am I right?

Woke and check my met office app and according to their radar we here in Basildon should have had heavy rain since 6am - we have had nothing :) I'm happy with that cos I'm sure one if you mentioned the longer it takes to get here the more we will get!!!

I've got loads people on my FB all wanting to know the latest so what shall I tell them?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oh dear. My neice has her CBT on Tuesday in Beccles so I'm watching with bated breath as to the snow fall for that day. At the moment it looks as though we may get a fair bit of snow. :)

Posted

snow-yellow.gifYellow Alert of Snow14 Jan 2013, 00:05

Issued at - 11 Jan 2013, 12:43

Valid from - 14 Jan 2013, 00:05

Valid to - 14 Jan 2013, 23:59

An area of rain, sleet and hill snow spreading into northwestern Scotland by early Monday is expected to turn increasingly to snow to low levels as it moves southeastwards through the day. Some significant accumulations of around 5 cm of snow are likely over low ground with perhaps 10 cm or more over higher ground.

Icy surfaces will be an additional hazard, particularly during Monday morning.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Just been upgraded biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I'm confused a lot of people saying south east will get snow but on the met office it mostly rain, will Bexhill see any fluffy white stuff? Here's hoping :-/

We will have to wait and see, it's still early yet - but indications are that coastal areas might see a little snow to start and then some marginal conditions for a while before better conditions follow again. The charts for first thing Monday look good - it is through the day and most especially the afternoon where conditions might be less favourable, before improving again through the evening. Still every chance of a covering by Tuesday thoughsmile.png

Posted

snow-yellow.gifYellow Alert of Snow14 Jan 2013, 00:05

Issued at - 11 Jan 2013, 12:43

Valid from - 14 Jan 2013, 00:05

Valid to - 14 Jan 2013, 23:59

An area of rain, sleet and hill snow spreading into northwestern Scotland by early Monday is expected to turn increasingly to snow to low levels as it moves southeastwards through the day. Some significant accumulations of around 5 cm of snow are likely over low ground with perhaps 10 cm or more over higher ground.

Icy surfaces will be an additional hazard, particularly during Monday morning.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Just been upgraded biggrin.png

Thats from yesterday... im sure.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Some very light snow here in en5 :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Hi fd, feeling your pain there! Monday will be very tricky indeed. Hope we don't get stuck, stay safe. I notice you are Kingston, I'm brentford isleworth borders, so not too far away. Brightening up here now atleast.

I have 2 locations in my sig as I either stay in Kingston or Colchester depending on where I am working as my job covers Kent, Essex, Suffolk, Surrey and London. Due to snow affecting the whole region on Monday I will be heading to Colchester as I am working in Suffolk and Essex on Tuesday. Looking at the charts I expect trouble on the roads but hope to possibly get a day off and enjoy a bit of sledging.

Charts for Monday from 1500 hours.

prectypeuktopo.pngprectypeuktopo.png

Posted

As someone pointed out earlier, the BBC TV forecasts are saying the first front will be too weak, and the second front will fall as rain/sleet in our region..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

No Ben, it's current rolleyes.gif

its a current warning, but was made yesterday :)

Posted

No Ben, it's current rolleyes.gif

sorry just the issued yesterday made me think it was yesterday aha we will see hoping for 10cm here monday night i hope and if it stalls 15-20cm maybe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

As someone pointed out earlier, the BBC TV forecasts are saying the first front will be too weak, and the second front will fall as rain/sleet in our region..

I will bl**dy spit Frisbee's if that happens!! lol