Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I for one am very much looking forward to the Countryfile forecast tomorrow, which ALWAYS goes right up to the end of the week, and is usually quite detailed and explained well. I bet the presenters are picking names out of the hat for who has to present it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Oh yed they have now changed tuesday to snow as well yay

i mean yes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

18cm for Luton according to Metcheck. 7 inches - blimey!

I really hope this is correct!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Can everyone please make sure they put their location in their info so that we can get excited about your location reports with you?

yes please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save) thanks good.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

is it me missing something obvious here or is there more precipitation around today further away from the south to what the bbc were forecasting this morning. It seemed to be a band of precip reaching up to about London area but I never noticed it any more widespread than that.

My NW radar shows lots more around the country.

I don't know maybe it was just me, and I was so focussed on my area on the forecast maybe I missed the rest of the country lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Hello everyone, grains of snow floating around in the wind here in Biggin, lovely to see good.gif . Serious excitement for Monday's potential.....bring it on!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The further outlook next week supports the cold weather to continue for our region - that suggests that the colder model outputs suggested this morning is supported rather than any faster breakdown as suggested by the ECM. So chances for further snow showers off the North Sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Light Sleet on and off here in Reading :D Monday Still looking good as well

Posted

Not looking so good for the far south east then(Bexhill) really put a damper on things aswell as the rain outside. Not sure to buy a sledge or a dingie hehe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

There showing rain for NOW but come late Sunday it will be snow for most.

Posted

Hello everyone, grains of snow floating around in the wind here in Biggin, lovely to see good.gif . Serious excitement for Monday's potential.....bring it on!!!

Ah Scrat that's not fair I'm only 3 miles away. rolleyes.gif

Mind you, you're 600m higher than me so that must explain it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Snow for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Slough, Surrey, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Brighton and Hove, Greater London, East Sussex, Kent & Medway

Yellow Alert of Snow for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Peterborough, Luton, Essex, Norfolk, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Valid from: 0005 on Tue 15 Jan 2013

Valid to: 2355 on Tue 15 Jan 2013

Showery outbreaks of snow will affect parts of the east on Tuesday, in some places adding a few cm to existing accumulations. Over Scotland and northern England showers will often fall as rain near coasts. Over East Anglia and southeast England, conditions will improve markedly by afternoon. Ice will also be a hazard in these areas.

The public are advised to be aware of the risk of disruption to transport.

Issued at: 1228 on Sat 12 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=6EA9B28A-7332-2273-7DB7-2E9A4262F2E7_3_SE&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-4.50&lat=55.74&fcTime=1357905660

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Not looking so good for the far south east then(Bexhill) really put a damper on things aswell as the rain outside. Not sure to buy a sledge or a dingie hehe

yes thats what ive been thinking (im in hastings ,its showing rain ,rain & more rain ) time will tell i suppose

Posted

yes thats what ive been thinking (im in hastings ,its showing rain ,rain & more rain ) time will tell i suppose

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Loving the Metcheck forecast for Monday. Early morning we kick off with a few light snow showers, by the afternoon they get more intense, AND then by the evening - Bullseye!!! V Heavy SNOW!!!!! Possible Tuesday snow day for the wife and I!!

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

For all those of us on the Monday commute on the trains into London, maybe not a bad idea to take the snow gear for the trip home - perhaps if allowed, trying to get away early as the evening commute looks a bit special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

With those uppers anyone inland will have snow, no marginality at all. Nothing to worry about, hoever anyone near the coast even with -6 uppers looks VERY marginal with wind source. If i had to wager now my money would be rain and lots of it for my location!

why would it be marginal, by the east coast wth -9 uppers and the front in question arriving from the north west, the same thing happened last febuary and we all got a good dumping wth less cold uppers?? confused.

Posted

I'm looking out the window every 10 mins just to catch a flake, hopefully we won't miss out .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

nothing falling here,just breezy and cold

I'm looking out the window every 10 mins just to catch a flake, hopefully we won't miss out .

Thats what i keep doing