Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Sorry, my post was a biased opinion for much of Kent! Fingers crossed for the rest of the South East though. good.gif

Good stuff Chris good.gif I say lets all stop nowcasting and take a look tomorrow nite at the output.

There is no point trying to delve into a snow event this far ahead, things will change by tomorrow for sure

but none of us know in what respect.

Posted

I must admit I'm no way near as confident as I was about mondays event. Yesterday i was 95% sure it will be snow for the entire region, now i reckon theres a good chance of snow/rain mix. Theres still time for upgrades.

Although for you lucky people East and south East of london your best chance of significant snow will come after monday in the form of snow showers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Impossible for so much to change in one run

This is well and truly a run that belongs in the bin, overplaying the warm sector and the speed the front travels through

Horse onions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

gfs-2-54.png?18?18gfs-2-54.png?18?18gfs-2-54.png?18?18gfs-2-54.png?18?18gfs-2-54.png?18?18

Latest GFS potential snowfall up to 54hrs

Kent will do well rolleyes.gif

Not to put a dampner on things but those snow charts are woefully unreliable :-(

According to them it should be snowing across the SE right now but it's not.

You need to combine them with temperature to see what is going to happen.

Yes the current run on the GFS does show the cold being pushed back East slightly on this run meaning the uppers at lunchtime on Monday will be higher hence more chance of rain / sleet for much of this region.

Having said that it has moved back and fourth every 6 hours hence my earlier post and others saying don't bother reacting to what may fall until it's a few hours away and no more then 6, especially in this situation where it could be marginal for snow during the day.

Posted

Would need to be over 250m for snow on this run. Time for change (I hope)!

Indeed. Shocking turnaround. Fingers crossed this resolves itself tomorrow. What a kick in the nuts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Daytime Monday, we mostly keep cold as the second system is earlier and the PPN pushed further west again. The Tuesday evening chart next could be interesting, will it decay or not?

13011412_1218.gif

Hope so, want my son's school in Hillingdon closed and also the uni where I work. Nothing worse than snow down here in Kingston and trying to convince work and school in Uxbridge that really we can't get there!

we live in uxbridge and when the snow was bad in 2010 our eldests school

In hillingdon was

Still open not much round here stopped thank goodness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Hope so, want my son's school in Hillingdon closed and also the uni where I work. Nothing worse than snow down here in Kingston and trying to convince work and school in Uxbridge that really we can't get there!

.yes, seem to shut the schools very easy round here at the merest, hint of snow my kids already expecting it :-0. But latest output(and previous) does have us primmed realy, for at least mod,snowfall,and my gut feeling,is perhaps, upgrades,will soon be issued, as the second band míves through our region,perhaps stalling somewhat, and maybe pepping,up(intensifying).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Met office app keeps upgrading snow for monday for my area. Can it really go pairshaped at this late stage.

Katie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

As I thought - very interesting.

13011418_1218.gif

Posted

Again, sorry but I told you :(

What was it that surrey guy said, come back when you can read the models?! i think he is the one that should take his own advice

Posted

Hi Reef

I work near Harefield, not that far from where you work, and live in Reigate. I have had several occasions where the snow here has been far too much to get on the road but the office has had a mere sprinkle. I haven't had too many challenges from colleagues about this - I guess it's one of the perks of being the company lawyer!

Completely off-topic, I cooked a stir fry tonight and havd just made the terrible mistake of rubbing my eyes having chopped chillis earlier. So even if it does snow I won't be able to see it....

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

are these the latest fax charts John?

96 hrs http://www.meteociel...ax96s.gif?12-12

120 hrs http://www.meteociel...x120s.gif?12-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

They don't call the GFS 18z the pub run for nothing

METO and ECM will be showing snow fests in the morning

Chill