Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good morning everyone,

It is nice and bright here in Chelmsford this morning. I thought I would join the EA thread along with the rest of the Chelmsford posters. Also good to see Steve on here. Good luck to Steve on the A12 this coming week if the forecaste holds true!. I used to work in Colchester and I agree with another poster there are often idiots driving along there. Now I work in :London and have to commute by train each day to NW1 so it will be tough and go as to whether i will see any of the white stuff.

It is also good to see TEITS posting on here as i always value his opinions and comments as well as John Pyke promising to provide details for our neck of the woods.

With Saint being on board (in spite of supporting a lesser Football team than the mighty Clarets (only joking)) is another welcome addition.

I am really looking forward to the upcoming cold spell.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Matt Taylor just now on news24:

"Southern England and The west will see very little snow over the next few days"

He kept mentioning southern counties just seeing rain. Does not look good for southern parts if this region including me.

Looks like my best chance is Wednesday in Essex with possible heavy snow showers

I think he means southern counties??we arnt down south .imo we will do well here as from 6 am tommorow onwards!:)

Posted

Little change from the NAE. Still suggests snowfall for the majority with the heaviest falls being predicted for the N of this region.

I expect alot of moaning from the London/SE thread though!

Posted

GFS 06z update: better for our region for tomorrow with the mild sector further west!

http://modeles.meteo.../gfs-2-30.png?6

http://modeles.meteo.../gfs-2-36.png?6

http://modeles.meteo.../gfs-2-42.png?6

Will wait for GFS 0.5 to update to confirm..

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

I expect a lot of moaning from the London/SE thread though!

Oh boy have we got that! Not sure why though:

24_20.gif

30_20.gif

36_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

And here is the handsome boy complete with thick winter coat all ready for snow............

post-17085-0-05605400-1358070316_thumb.j

Posted

I think he means southern counties??we arnt down south .imo we will do well here as from 6 am tommorow onwards!:)

Oh that's good. Fingers and toes crossed.

I think I'll be just about ok in Epping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'm seeing snow in Peterborough as I speak :) just a light flurry, but the first snow of winter for me has made its debut at least !

Posted

24_20.gif

30_20.gif

36_20.gif

Made my post before seeing the 06Z GFS run and thats much better with a shift W. The NAE is still rather poor for the SE though which is what I based my comments on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

read in the model forum that the front could be moving faster than expected so that snow could be here sooner than expected!

Posted

Anyone viewing on meteociel, view the 0.5deg high res GFS. The problem with the standard operational GFS is the low resolution pixelation.

That said, in my experience, the GFS always tends to overdo the dew points (and therefore NMM is likely to do the same, given its initialised from the same data set)

Some light snow flurries here in the last 30 mins

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Good morning everyone,

It is nice and bright here in Chelmsford this morning. I thought I would join the EA thread along with the rest of the Chelmsford posters. Also good to see Steve on here. Good luck to Steve on the A12 this coming week if the forecaste holds true!. I used to work in Colchester and I agree with another poster there are often idiots driving along there. Now I work in :London and have to commute by train each day to NW1 so it will be tough and go as to whether i will see any of the white stuff.

Kind Regards

Dave

I'm thinking of taking last minute holiday; maybe Wednesday to Friday. If we get anything significant, I'd like to be out in it.smile.png

(and maybe leaving work early tomorrow and working from home on Tuesdaywink.png )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

24_20.gif

30_20.gif

36_20.gif

Precipitation showing as rain in the 18:00 hours chart though? The GFS precipitation type charts show everything as very marginal in the East of the region too. I don't really understand that though; if the mild sector is further West, I thought that would be better?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I think because it changes so much, they are not very consistent during cold spells with projected paths for snowfall - this proves how difficult it is to predict snow.

Even when the BBC forecast comes on with family in the house (non weather enthusiasts) I've had them saying to me, didn't that forecast show different this morning!

It's difficult to predict precipitation, but once the conditions are right dew points etc, it's not so hard to predict snow and surely there must be some people at the BBC or MetO who can have a stab at it.

I think it's more reluctance. Goes against their pension fund investments.

Posted

Totally unexpected grapual shower here in St Neots. Infact enough to make everywhere nice and white..!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Take a look at post 569 in the SW regional thread, Ian F has very kindly given us a chart from Exeter regarding Thursday.

snr_zpscdd9a4bb.png

just grabbed this from the main model thread.....i'm no expert, but this is looking good for our region isn't it? That is a chart that Ian Ferguson posted in the SW thread :)

Edited by TheBigFreeze

Posted

Expecting amber warnings to be issued for most in the region by the Met office later for tomorrow, would be very suprised if they didn't.

Posted

Morning everyone - we've got a few snowflakes blowing in the wind at the moment. Very light - could be someone going for a walk with dandruff, mind 😄