Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/maps?bg=0&lat=54.5

yep are this should keep to all happy snow watching on the radar!!

you mean that front form the northwest ?

its the lot over scotland you should keep a eye on

Posted

Cold and frossety here - am sort of looking forward to 'something' but with mixed feelings. A 15 mile cycle ride home from work tomorrow...

not looking forward for Monday night got a 9 mile car trip home from work!!!

Posted

what time does the next NAE update come out ?

915 followed by gfs at 930.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Morning all. Met office updated thoughts on tomorrow for our region:

Monday:

Cloudy and very cold, the early snow clearing for a time, but then further snow arriving during the afternoon. Some accumulations and remaining icy in places. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

Updated: 0319 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

An then the next 3 days

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Tuesday, very cold, bright or sunny intervals and snow showers, some possibly heavy near coasts. Wednesday and Thursday, very cold with a biting northeasterly wind and heavy snow showers.

Updated: 0319 on Sun 13 Jan 2013

I don't think it get's much better really. Batten down the hatches, it's going to be good good.gif

Edited by Ice Day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

A few flakes here, but nothing to get too excited about yet, 2.5C...

tes can see theres a bit of ppn there,heading down too!

Morning everyone in the new thread and posting from one of three counties.

Well it's well below zero out there, will we get snow here I really don't know i think it will be a case of watching the radar and seeing where the precipitation goes, a few miles east or right can make a lot of difference. i suppose one thing can be said 'At least it won't be Mild' for the next few daysbiggrin.png

Yes i have some here

Cornflakesrofl.gif

It was 1.5c when i got up at about 7,its been dropping since then :) now 0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

not looking forward for Monday night got a 9 mile car trip home from work!!!

I have to drive from Colchester back home (15 miles north of Ipswich).

Firstly I will have the fun of the plonkers on the A12 who find even the lightest drizzle practically impossible to drive in. After that I will have the last 8 miles of my journey on un-gritted roads!

To top it all off, I bought a BMW two weeks ago.....it's automatic, rear wheel drive with a 3 litre engine....possibly the most useless car in the snow!?

Hopefully that will mean the rest of the week off though!

Posted

Quick update.

First band of snow arriving during the early hrs in the NW of this region and then spreading SE. Mostly light snow at this stage. During tomorrow this band of light snow may turn sleety especially in S parts of this region. During the afternoon another band of snow arriving from the NW.

As this band of snow sinks SE we could see some snow showers moving into the N/E of this region.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/13/basis00/ukuk/pslv/13011500_1300.gif

BTW the models continue to look excellent with regards to prolonging this cold spell. Shall update later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And the air is so dry that, even at 2.5C, what snow has fallen is still on the ground!

Posted

Getting a little twitchy in the far west of the region. Just hope that warm sector will move a little further west. I was down for heavy snow, now showing snow turning to sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

hope no one watched the 04:00 bbc weather forecast....it would become mightily depressive for snow lovers...they have the snow totally miss us, well especially Norfolk, Suffolk...lets hope that they haven't got a scooby and are way off the mark!!!

Posted

Firstly I will have the fun of the plonkers on the A12 who find even the lightest drizzle practically impossible to drive in. After that I will have the last 8 miles of my journey on un-gritted roads!

To top it all off, I bought a BMW two weeks ago.....it's automatic, rear wheel drive with a 3 litre engine....possibly the most useless car in the snow!?

rear drive no good in this weather !! i got a ford focus to and from stowmarket

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Certainly looking good atm. 063154Z_21OWS_EUROPE_FITL_PROG-BRIEFING_13011406.GIF

Posted

I don't fancy my journey either, 28 miles on Mon afternoon to Norwich, then to Civic Drive in Ipswich for a 7pm start and 6am finish for the return journey!! Eeek

Posted

Forgot to add that the best chance of snow showers this week appears to be Wed when they could be heavy.

fax84s.gif?12-0

Also the NAE appears to suggest some snow showers moving into the N/E of this region at lunchtime today.

Posted

Hey, I just brought a BMW as well, 3 series M Sport with runflat tyres. If it does snow, I won't be taking it out as I've heard they are useless on snow and ice. Especially with those annoying runflats.

The dealer keeps contacting me for winter tyres, but I turned down as to expensive for only 1 snow event of winter...

With regards to tomorrow I recon everyone north of London shouldn't worry, as most ppn should stay as snow, so that's our region covered anyway :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

LOL i have one not that big engine though, Two words (Good Luck). I don't even bother.

Posted

I shal be riding a bicycle home...

I think you will probably be pushing a bicycle home ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

could someone explain why so many people say "ignore the BBC's forecast" when if you consider that is probably one of the main sources of weather information for a majority of the UK....wouldn't you expect that to be one of the most accurate?

Posted

I think you will probably be pushing a bicycle home tease.gif

if and when i get home Monday could be car to the station if i can get there on Tuesday then by train!!

could someone explain why so many people say "ignore the BBC's forecast" when if you consider that is probably one of the main sources of weather information for a majority of the UK....wouldn't you expect that to be one of the most accurate?

they seem to be change it a lot and siting on the fence at the moment!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

rear drive no good in this weather !! i got a ford focus to and from stowmarket

Good luck on the A14 Tinybill! The drivers on there can be a bit sketchy sometimes aswell!