Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I'm sure all the west London people would agree with me our turn wil come.

We might get snatch something tonight from that front. The forecast is already very wrong as it's arriving 5-6 hours earlier than progged.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

hi sorry but could you explain this to me a little. in in Hertfordshire

It's a prediction based on the raintoday radar forecast and not going to happen, but quite funny, as I am in the no snow zone in the middle of it! You might be luckier that me in the next few hours though:)

Posted

Where is that forecasted from ?? If you dont mind

I have been just been looking at the upper wind direction using the gfs0.5 and that chart does look possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Looking like an increasingly disappointing cold spell for snow IMBY!

I'm not far from you and I agree! Reports from the South West of light snow flurries, and also from the East. Nowt for us in the middle!!search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Look on the NW Europe radar,it looks like it`s coming out from the Netherlands on a easterly,then getting blown sw towards Kent....looks like there`s more to come from it too!

Edited by anything-but

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

What are the Netweather 10 day charts on based on - Country file says no snow here (London/Croydon) but Netweather 10 days says 95% ???????? Different models used??

We should be getting snow in Croydon by 11 pm tonight I reckon if not earlier.

Posted

According to radar, West London should be seeing the 1st precip from the NW front at or just after 10.

See, we kentish gits do think of you over in the west.

Just keep the front to yourselves for now, dont want it blasting convective showers out of the way for us!

We shall wait and and see .

Posted

Forget the charts and the radar, all I want to know is has yamkin issued the Croydon Council Snow warning and gone out on his gritter yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Based on the official airports forecast for Heathrow, City and Gatwick, everywhere should see a light dusting of snow but turning readily to rain tomorrow morning. I'll be very suprised if anywhere from London southwards gets anymore than a centimeter of actual ground cover by the end of the night.

Posted

Forget the charts and the radar, all I want to know is has yamkin issued the Croydon Council Snow warning and gone out on his gritter yet?

Hes very quiet. Last I heard he was stocking up on bread & milk and was last seen heading out of Tesco @ 4pm with two weeks supply of fresh water, and a few camping gas stoves in the light of a secret council forecast of 8 feet of snow for the next fortnight! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I am sooo jealous of the Kent contingent! Might I add that there are a lot of Kent-based folk on here. Am I the only SW Londoner? (On my own, with not the tiniest flake of snow....)

Nope youre not the only one, Im a little further out, Raynes Park.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Based on the official airports forecast for Heathrow, City and Gatwick, everywhere should see a light dusting of snow but turning readily to rain tomorrow morning. I'll be very suprised if anywhere from London southwards gets anymore than a centimeter of actual ground cover by the end of the night.

That's the spirit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

We should be getting snow in Croydon by 11 pm tonight I reckon if not earlier.

So it'll be a late night for me after all, better have a quick look at it before it turns to rain tomorrow

Posted

I am sooo jealous of the Kent contingent! Might I add that there are a lot of Kent-based folk on here. Am I the only SW Londoner? (On my own, with not the tiniest flake of snow....)

No, I'm in Fulham! Imperial Wharf actually so just over the bridge from you! I never post as I am not knowledgeable, but love the weather and am totally addicted to lurking on here and hearing what the experienced posters think. Here's to snow for SW London this week!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Small flakes equal colder temps so that's good

Often they get big when it heats up

Posted

I'm even more west of London and I'm not even sure I should be on this thread! However I'm included in the Met Office London and South East, so here I am.

The front looks like it should be reaching me fairly soon as there's a blob that's making its way down between Oxford and London at the moment.

Will update if anything happens!

Posted

Look on the NW Europe radar,it looks like it`s coming out from the Netherlands on a easterly,then getting blown sw towards Kent....looks like there`s more to come from it too!

Yeah, how do i post a chart? The winds at 850hpa show this well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, storms in summer or any extreme!

So surrey could have snow by 11 tonight?

Posted

I am not at all knowledgable compared to the regular posters on here. But I am highly interested! Thinking of doing a meteorology course.

For now I am hopping up and down to look under the lamp posts for flurries! (And obsessively pressing refresh on this page...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

post-17057-0-72555200-1358108978_thumb.j

*i jest*