• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Definately thinking South Essex is just too far south now Steve, I think Chelmsford is pushing it, Southern Extent might be Ipswich ??

Well, if Paul S and Steve are in agreement and forecasting the above, even I, a glass half full girl, shall throw in the towel with regards to tonight and tomorrow...! (although I shall pray to the weather gods tonight for a miracle!)

Bugger-rama!

Guest bjaykent

Can see both fronts in the sky now, lower clouds moving in from Thames Estuary still moving south west and higher cloud to the west moving South, no snow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Looking bleak i think here for Orpington area and UKMO has downgraded chance of snow showers on Tues/Wed.As has been said on main MOD thread things are starting to look worse for snow (except for NE England,E Mids and Norfolk) and i feel that this time next week we will be in ave temps for time of year.After looking so good for snow only 48hrs ago its all seemingly gone Pete Tong tonight.Nite all and hope(wishful thinking) for snow in the morning and Model upgrades for this part of the world

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Just been out and about around the regionals and it is pretty slim pickings really from dustings to snizzle etc etc

Most action I could find was around the Hereford, Shropshire region, some in Derbyshire over higher ground and well erm thats about it really, ranging from no coverings to a slight dusting.

Pretty Grim!

So I guess the army won't be on stand-by for this cold spell then nea.gif

Posted

Just worth noting there are a few hints of upgrades on the 18z runs in general. Worth mentioning that the fronts do appear to be moving through a little faster than expected as well at the moment.

That could make a slight difference to possibly getting snow on the leading edge and how long that lasts, esp in borderline zones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Is it sticking if so ,how mch?

A small covering on the cars and the shed roof but that's it for now. No ground covering but hopefully that will be different in the morning !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

im still keeping an eye on the radar to the north- it is picking up a tad----

The current best guess is above- however

* never trust a model for snow at T18

* The NAE blue line is often snow

so you never know

S

It does seem to be generating some ppn moving further south as the front slowly makes it's way SE... 11pm radar shows slightly heavier ppn just over/to the North of Peterbrough.

There are a lot of changes to come, things changing by the minute.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Just been out and about around the regionals and it is pretty slim pickings really from dustings to snizzle etc etc

Most action I could find was around the Hereford, Shropshire region, some in Derbyshire over higher ground and well erm thats about it really, ranging from no coverings to a slight dusting.

Pretty Grim!

Tomorrows a different day and those that see it start and finish as snow I think will have a memorable one. And given nobody can realy say who that will be im sure we,LL all be back tomoz. :)

Posted

Snowing but light for the last 5 mins on car roofs very slight though there's a finger of ppn over NW London as I type

Edited by M fish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Definately thinking South Essex is just too far south now Steve, I think Chelmsford is pushing it, Southern Extent might be Ipswich ??

What is very interesting though is the wrap around tomorrow night and into Tuesday morning, I think this could spring a few surprises, and as Teits has already said the North Western Extent is still going up near the Wash at 3am Tuesday Morning!

Yep, Tuesday night was looking interesting a couple of days ago

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

lazy.giflazy.giflazy.gifrofl.giftease.gif

I think they are safe to concentrate on other things this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Snowing but light for the last 5 mins on car roofs very slight though there's a finger of ppn over NW London as I type

Cool, thanks for the update.

Posted

Apart from tomorrow,for the north of our region it looks like this will be the mains for the rest of the week.Tues or wed may give us some snow showers.The outbreak has been very much watered down.The E- flow looks like a slow slacker,compared to some much stronger outbreaks showing some days ago.Thurs and fri- dry.Sorry for the moan,just wanted true Beast from the East

Edited by snowblues

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

They're leaving it to G4S rofl.gif

Posted

Unless the precip is tracking south I'm pretty sure I might even miss out on a dusting here, which is disappointing doesn't seem to be much heading my way!

Would be nice to see a dusting before the rain washes it away which it 100% will.