Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

as long as west mids get stupis amounts of snow ikl be happy hasnt happened in years if not all my life

Dec 2010 produced a decent fall of snow that was only 2 years ago

Edited by Brumsnows 2

Posted

Well metcheck has updated to snow all day here Friday, I know it's metcheck but still it's nice to see

I would rather remove my eyes with a teaspoon than use Metcheck mate. Im not going to say anything bar .... Type metcheck followed by the P word that Jimmy Saville is accused of into your search engine and you`ll see why !

On topic now ..... Over the years our region has always done best when we have cold air in situ and the atlantic tries to smash through but stalls. Lets get the cold air across first and then at some point the snow will hopefully follow and sit over us for days on end lol.

Too many people on this site take every run as gospel and get elated /deflated and its annoying to read at times........the good thing is though we got our own thread now and theres not much whingeing in here compared to other threads :-) Keep up the good work all and our time will come soon hopefully ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Rain, Thunder, Lightning

I've only just started following the models in the Model thread, but the events of Sunday and Monday taught me a big lesson in terms of what to expect when it comes to our region, and that is pretty much nothing until the flakes are coming down! The potential is there at the moment for some really decent snow, but things can and do change very quickly so we'll see. Fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Maybe a 13th Jan 2010 type thing? that was great, snow all day from a setup similar to this friday, had around 8cms, front was expected to move no further than Wales

Posted

latest from NAE shows snow thursday morning maybe its been brought forward ??? plus 40 and u can see snow early thurs all day

Edited by Matty23

Posted

13011712_1512.gif

NAE showing heavy snow Thursday but very borderline, charts are such a mess at the moment, I guess at this point it's a nowcast situation but I expect everything will back westwards again in the end.

Edited by conor123

Posted

:lol: Either rain or bone dry!

GFS 12z seems to be backing back south westwards a little bit.

Posted

Very good in terms of prospects for the weekend, 12z is fantastic for Friday, snowfest all day but I still think yesterday's models showing it stall over Wales will turn out correct just because..well when does heavy snow stall over the Midlands :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Epic 12z for you lot. Pretty much 24hrs heavy snow. My chances are declining though.

Posted

I've got a feeling the Met Office will be upgrading to an amber warning for Friday if these charts are anything to go by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

weatherchannel has snow showers for thursday pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Friday looking great on 12Z, makes it here easy, not as progressive as 06Z, less chance of milder weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Rain, Thunder, Lightning

If these latest charts verify (which they probably won't for us because they rarely do) we'll be in for some major disruption. Looks like there's a fair chance someone will though, to the point of potential trouble rather than fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Epic 12z for you lot. Pretty much 24hrs heavy snow. My chances are declining though.

Well, I hope not chap cos I know you dont get much snow in Cornwall.

But then having a bit of snow for a few days a year is the only compensation us poor Midlanders get for being a minimum 4 hour drive away from a decent surfing beach for the remaining 360 days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Fog, Thunderstorms

Just for jokes, is that 25cm over the West Midlands at the end of the run?? blum.gif

uksnowdepth.png