Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
I wonder if we can get the Midlands thread as one again if that event for Friday remains on the cards? It will be much more exciting if they are merged again, the whole of the Midlands would be in for a good snow event IF what the GFS 12z is predicting actually happens.

I second that motion! Much better to have one main Midlands thread - I've genuinely missed having the likes of yourself, Supacell etc keeping us company the past few days.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think it should definitely be merged if we in the West Midlands are likely to get more snow than those in the east. It would be very tedious to have to keep going over there to gloat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I think it should definitely be merged if we in the West Midlands are likely to get more snow than those in the east. It would be very tedious to have to keep going over there to gloat.

Lol! :D

Posted

Good grief just look at these minimum temperatures for Saturday night!!!! ohmy.png

Should probably taken with a pinch of salt however, the GFS is notorious for over emphasising extremes.

ukmintemp.png

Bish

Posted

lol that made me laugh!

I've just sent a quick PM to shuggee asking if he might consider re-introducing a single Midlands thread in future :)

Bish

Posted

Hopefully the threads will NOT be merged, for the vast majority of cases the posts in the W Mids thread have been completely irrelevant to those in the East Midlands. I have absolutely no interest in whats happening in Brum as it has zero relevancy to Notts, Lincs etc.

Posted

Hopefully the threads will NOT be merged, for the vast majority of cases the posts in the W Mids thread have been completely irrelevant to those in the East Midlands. I have absolutely no interest in whats happening in Brum as it has zero relevancy to Notts, Lincs etc.

if you want to know what ppn type it is in brum because a front is heading to notts? and for lincs... try the linconshire thread not east mids

Posted
Posted · Hidden by jethro, January 16, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by jethro, January 16, 2013 - No reason given

if you want to know what ppn type it is in brum because a front is heading to notts? and for lincs... try the linconshire thread not east mids

Do you have special needs?

My point is that the West Mids content has no relevance to us in the East. It's much better to have a quieter thread with relevant posts, than a busier thread full of replies which are worthless based on our locations.

Side note, please try using grammar if in your responses.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by jethro, January 16, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by jethro, January 16, 2013 - No reason given
Do you have special needs?

No need for that type of response. He was only stating his opinion.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
Posted

This might seem stupid but what makes the Met Office seem more confident about snow later on in the week to issue a warning. I thought at this stage it can change lots?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

If you have no interest in what's happening in the West Midlands, why are you over here in the West Midlands thread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

One of my kids is due to travel from birmingham to Europe on a coach on Friday. Departing at 4:30. If the models could push things back to Saturday I'd be happier!!

Posted

This might seem stupid but what makes the Met Office seem more confident about snow later on in the week to issue a warning. I thought at this stage it can change lots?

They update the warnings daily at around 11.30am.

Posted

sounds very much that you guys could get a lot of snow fri and possibly sat good luck to you,from what I have read it sounds as if you will have the colder temps so could be all snow for you guys.

Posted

Sorry everybody, but the Friday snow event is officially not happening...........I've booked Friday afternoon off in anticipation, which is bound to put the kybosh on things!

If it doesn't happen for us Midlanders, you'll know who to blame laugh.png

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looking better now I think, bbc shows it as well, but shows rain moving in Sunday night at -2, long way off

Posted

Looking better now I think, bbc shows it as well, but shows rain moving in Sunday night at -2, long way off

Do you mean 2 in the morning or -2 temps? The latter would surely fall as snow I would have thought.

Bish

Posted

BBC maybe trying not to scare people too much! I think the other models are going for continuous cold away from Cornwall and extreme west Wales. Even Ireland looks as though it's in with a shout.

Anyone else in the midlands having moderate snizzle at the moment?

Nothing here, but it's cloudy and -2.2C