Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The main things is getting the cold in place. In other years we have very often had surprises which pop up in the 24 hour timeframe. I wouldn't give up hope yet of something in the next few days.

Posted

Our side road was very icey this morning , but I think the main roads are okay ?

Anybody else like to confirm that.

Yes, that pretty much seems to be the case. Nothing too extreme :)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Better 00Z's, snow makes it this far east, on friday, then more over weekend, but GFS I still think overdoing the Atlantic,

were negative after 18Z because it was a horror run

Posted

So are we looking to see snow on Friday in Shropshire?

uncertain yet, bbc more likely right, just windy and cloudy, GFS overdoing the Atlantic, bbc never even mentions the S word in summary, but the symbol is light snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or hot

Looking at the radar there seems to be something developing over the Manchester area - do you think that might carry on and make its way further south to the south midlands?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Even though it's light, going to miss us sad.png

Us too but isn't it a gorgeous day!

Posted

Pleasantly surprised to see upgrades for Friday, lets hope they continue.

I'm really not sure about Fridays system getting as far East as the GFS shows, I think the interest will come later in the weekend for the region. The ECM especially offers an old school 80s event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well, according to Accuweather (who I think are a big noise on the weather scene in the US), I'm due for 6.6cm of snow overnight Thurs/Fri.

Now, wouldn't that be luv-erly! good.gif

Posted

I'm really not sure about Fridays system getting as far East as the GFS shows, I think the interest will come later in the weekend for the region. The ECM especially offers an old school 80s event.

Yeh the UKMO in particular is amazing, GFS has the angle all a bit wrong and thus we end up with mild uppers over us by Saturday Night, ECM is brilliant.

Posted

Good to see you back Ian, I think 06Z is a bit progressive, I think something between the 00Z and 06Z would be ideal, 06Z shows us all mild by sunday

Well metcheck has updated to snow all day here Friday, I know it's metcheck but still it's nice to see

Thats because metchecks forecasts purely based on latest GFS run

Posted

The local Met Office forecast had Solihull down for a max temp of 1.0C today.........currently reading 5.1C and still climbing.

Looks beautiful outside :)

Bish

Posted

The charts for Friday look great. I'm not going to get my hopes up but we are due something special after the failures in previous years. Lovely cold day here today. Very still air. Classic winters day.

Posted

Good to see you back Ian, I think 06Z is a bit progressive, I think something between the 00Z and 06Z would be ideal, 06Z shows us all mild by sunday

Thats because metchecks forecasts purely based on latest GFS run

The 06z is, generally rubbish. Today we should be enjoying heavy rain and double figure temps - according to it's run only last Thursday !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

afternoon peeps. So i c the met has put out a yellow warning from friday vallid from 0900 to 23.55. Well i won't get excited just yet it's boun to go tits up again.