Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 15/01/13 12z---->

A.J

Posted

To everyone posting "will it snow imby?" just keep watching, reading, listening.

It WILL change over the next 48 hours

By "it" i mean the detail of EXACTLY where and when.

the M4 Corridor at least.

Arghhhhh!!!

Dont swear in here!!

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

To save any possible misinterptetation of social networking posts/tweets etc, it's probably best to let the original author to post them if he/she feels neccessary to, in this particuar case, no doubt Ian will update the thread on the latest news when he gets chance smile.png

Posted

I would love this week's weather set up and the year still be 2013 but with the lack of internet from the 80s!

Then we could all just watch tv forecasts, hope and wonder, and get (hopefully) a real treat on Friday!

Seems like Wilts may still be a good place for some snow on Friday, let's just hope that some of the others in here can get some too! Seeing as that is still 3 days away, I'm not looking into it too much. That way I can't get annoyed if it changes. :p

-3.3C here, feeling very cold outside.

Posted

we go on about this snow, but what about the amount of rain we will get have we got any idea how much we can expect as this is going to impact on the already swollen rivers and streams.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Run the WBFL charts onto the next couple of frames and it edges that bit further north east.

So I agree that it Gloucs. & Wiltshire are still in a good position based solely on the GFS, but in can also see support regarding Ian's tweet with PPN turning to rain from the South West as far up as the M4 Corridor at least.

Detail like this will no doubt change over the next 72 hours anyway.

Yep I hope the detail does change, bit stronger hp to the north east, lp out west pushed a tad further south west, we need to keep those south easterly winds god dammit lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear Skies

Very cold and clear in Southampton tonight - perfect for a spot of astrophotography

Currently -2C in the observatory.

Friday morning looking very interesting and very complicated! I don't think we'll have a clear picture until tomorrows 12z... I wonder if/when the meto will upgrade their yellow snow to orange snow!? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nice updated forecast IMBY;

post-12721-0-26841600-1358282823_thumb.j

Wish I could bank that now. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

I have to drive to Swindon on Thursday...do u experts think its safe to do so...don't want any snow on my travels x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Evening all. For those in the Bristol area - Metoffice shows Filton as having snow from 12 noon Friday all the way through to 1800 Saturday. Let's av iiiit! :-)

I have to drive to Swindon on Thursday...do u experts think its safe to do so...don't want any snow on my travels x

We're only down for light snow here in Swindon, although we seem to be in the right place here to see something. I'm in no way an expert, but I'd give it a day or so before you make up your mind, as things are likely to change more. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Long way off, but some very low minimum temps next week and this is at lunch time! Maximums are well below freezing.

Very interesting model watching over next few days to see how things pan out

ukmintemp.png

Very unlikely!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Based on the ECM, this is the position of the PPN band at midday on Friday;

post-12721-0-65056300-1358283158_thumb.j

And of this PPN, this is where it wil be falling as snow;

post-12721-0-55503800-1358283187.jpg

Suggestive of rain over Devon, Cornwall and into southern Somerset by midday Friday. By 18:00, the PPN band will have all but cleared the region, leaving behind some patchy, showery PPN;

post-12721-0-55126900-1358283292_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Thursday is fine at this stage, when will you be attempting to come back may be a more pertinent question?

Keep your eyes peeled on updates from here on in. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear Skies

And......met office just changed iow from light snow to heavy snow fri pm wooooo surely this can't go the way of the pear now?!

Yup - they've just done the same to Botley, Hants for all of friday afternoon. Should make the rush hour a hoot - looking more like a good day to walk to work (luckily I can!)

Posted

Very cold and clear in Southampton tonight - perfect for a spot of astrophotography

You can't say that without posting some pics. Stick 'em in your gallery.

Friday morning looking very interesting and very complicated! I don't think we'll have a clear picture until tomorrows 12z... I wonder if/when the meto will upgrade their yellow snow to orange snow!? smile.png

It'll be shifted 30/40 miles east by the morning I suspect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And......met office just changed iow from light snow to heavy snow fri pm wooooo surely this can't go the way of the pear now?!

Yes snowgal, I'm afraid it can. However, as I have suggested to others, I would simply stay tuned. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Some great posts in the Mod tread at the moment, especially last few pages if the lesser learned (like myself) would like some great posts to read, I would go and have a read before the 18z roll out and mayhem resumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Yes snowgal, I'm afraid it can. However, as I have suggested to others is to just stay tuned. good.gif

Noooooo it can't! I'll be devastated :( I'm feeling positive so hopefully it'll happen for us!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Ok. So when do I call off my weekend trip to London?! Meant to be driving up on Friday afternoon. Seriously! I don't know what to do! I'm meeting family for the first time.... Help!

and I am due to fly to Paris on Saturday morning from Exeter, I have to drive 40 miles to get to the airport will be just our luck we wont get there!!

Posted

Based on the ECM, this is the position of the PPN band at midday on Friday;

post-12721-0-65056300-1358283158_thumb.j

And of this PPN, this is where it wil be falling as snow;

post-12721-0-55503800-1358283187.jpg

Suggestive of rain over Devon, Cornwall and into southern Somerset by midday Friday. By 18:00, the PPN band will have all but cleared the region, leaving behind some patchy, showery PPN;

post-12721-0-55126900-1358283292_thumb.j

Thanks AWD, is that strong southerly flow still condusive for widespread snow or does it become more marginal. I'm guessing it does?

Give us an undercutter and then we all will be much better off I imagine.

Fax Charts will be very telling over the coming days. drinks.gif