Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion - 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Its stopped here, wait for the main band to come now

Nah, there's still more to get out of this feature...you've only found one of those little holes in the precipitation...it'll get going again soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Gord, do you see this just continuing until the main stuff hits us?

Edited by nats

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

On some of the other regional threads there talking about this current band lasting until the main band reaches us, what do we all think? Also we should soon be able to pick up comments on the south west forum :)

Posted

Gord, do you see this just continuing until the main stuff hits us?

I think it could...not sure to be honest, it feels like new territory! It can't get shunted east by the approaching front so that's not an issue, it could fizzle out I suppose before the main band gets here. But I think yes...it could keep going. What do other people think?

Edited by Gord

Posted

It's been moderate snow here for quite a bit now. 2cm on the shed roof but around 1cm elsewhere. A nice surprise :)

Posted

I think it could...not sure to be honest, it feels like new territory! It can't get shunted east by the approaching front so that's not an issue, it could fizzle out I suppose before the main band gets here. But I think yes...it could keep going. What do other people think?

i think its very possible imo, not exactly a sign of fizzling out just yet infact maybe a bit more intense, and i think it still has a few hours in it, got a feeling we may have another stalling front coming very soon Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still very, very light here -- not settling at all on the wetter parts of the road, though there's a dusting (and no more) on cars and pavements. Temp hovering around the +0.4 °C mark.

Posted

I just know that I won't have problem getting up for work in the morning at 4.30am when my alarm goes off...I'm sure you know what I mean clapping.gif

Posted

Radar pics attached.

First one shows the heavier streamers all appear to be heading SE but seem to be stalling or fizzling out slowly?

streamers1.jpg

UK Radar

ukrad1.jpg

Edited by snow is falling

Posted

18z shows the snow lighter and further South West again, gosh :lol: think ill just stick to radar watching at this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Folks this is going to be a once in a generation experience for many take care !! This band sat over midlands is a develope occlusion that is gaining energy from the approaching front the fact it hasn't peterd out yet can only point to it gaing more energy as the other front approaches a few shocks in store for some in store I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Folks this is going to be a once in a generation experience for many take care !! This band sat over midlands is a develope occlusion that is gaining energy from the approaching front the fact it hasn't peterd out yet can only point to it gaing more energy as the other front approaches a few shocks in store for some in store I think

Hope you're right!!

Met office app driving me insane!! It's now showing heavy snow until midnight tonight

Posted

Poor so far in Shrewsbury, sugar dusting on a few paths and grass

Someone's been out with the icing sugar! biggrin.png

dont know what it is with shrewsbury always seems to struggle a bit with lying snow. Im sure your have quite a few inches come friday