Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion - 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow starting to settle here. Im 34 and although im trying to control my excitement i faild. Lol. So how r the 12z's looking guys?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Shefali reckons widespread! High winds to cause drifting!

Cant watch shef! as bad as dianne for the NW guys! west country guys damn lucky to have ian furgusson

Posted

snow starting to settle here. Im 34 and although im trying to control my excitement i faild. Lol. So how r the 12z's looking guys?

i'm 35 and I'm not gonna contain mine rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Snowing better now, but anywhere else windy? feel as though snow dosent stick as well when windy, will not stick on trees like sunday nights snow

Posted

One of my local radio stations spent quite some time going on about how disruption was likely across the Black Country tomorrow and how we should all tune in and keep up to date. Then it was the news and weather, and during the weather, I kid you not, he said, "Expect flurries throughout the day tomorrow!"

They don't even listen to themselves!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

One of my local radio stations spent quite some time going on about how disruption was likely across the Black Country tomorrow and how we should all tune in and keep up to date. Then it was the news and weather, and during the weather, I kid you not, he said, "Expect flurries throughout the day tomorrow!"

They don't even listen to themselves!

Most of them are window lickers reading a script.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins

What do people think of the prospects after tommorrow night then? Saturday? Sunday?Monday?

After Saturday we'll be relying on disturbances from the north sea carrying inland. The air is cold enough so it's very possibly that we could see some very heavy, short lived showers dumping a cm or more or more organised bits of precip.

Get the cold in place and the rest is just gravy.

Posted

Still snowing, and still refusing to stick any further. 3 hours of steady snow for <5mm on the cars, grass and some driveways. Why won't it give us a proper cover like it seems to be doing everywhere else?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

The met seem to be changing every few mins, personally think their web/apps are playing up

Posted

Met Office not giving us as much tomorrow... less snow symbols now.

Ian Ferguson on Points West said the midland areas would do well tomorrow, especially in the afternoon, but just have to see on the day as it seems forecasting is difficult right now.

BBC Oxford said upto 15cm but did not say exactly where though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Folks, from my experience and Im 44 !...that there will always be surprise snowfall which are not really forecastable in this situation! The snow tomorrow continues to get upgraded and expect some more upgrades by morning.As for the rest of next week, remaining bitterly cold with more snowfall. I imagine some people will be sick and tired of the wintry conditions by this time next week!!sorry.gifclapping.giffool.gifcray.gifsearch.gifacute.gifhelp.gifdiablo.gifnea.gif