Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion - 17th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Walking in it is the fun part! 10cm and id be more than happy, over the moon infact! id be happy to see no snow after this week as im of skiing!

Might have 10cm with this band the way it's going lol

Posted

well its snowing here moderately and sticking!

I amended my post, was talking about tomorrow's event. I remember a similar thing happening last year.

Posted

I really hope we get a decent enough amount for sledging? Haven't done that in years.

Just spent an hour skidding on the ice on my road with my Auntie like you used to do in school in the hall. (We are 18 and 36, lol) Bloody love snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

Folks, from my experience and Im 44 !...that there will always be surprise snowfall which are not really forecastable in this situation! The snow tomorrow continues to get upgraded and expect some more upgrades by morning.As for the rest of next week, remaining bitterly cold with more snowfall. I imagine some people will be sick and tired of the wintry conditions by this time next week!!sorry.gifclapping.giffool.gifcray.gifsearch.gifacute.gifhelp.gifdiablo.gifnea.gif

I'm sick of it already. I want my 10C back :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I think this band was meant to fizzle out before it got here, the met app said no snow this morning and now look

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I think we might see a futher upgrade come morning, the band over us now was meant to fizzle out and you only have to look out the window to see whats actually happened! going for 10cm plus tomorrow in this part of birmingham! especially more over the lickey and beacon hills

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Rain, Thunder, Lightning

Well it's certainly not stopping here yet. Looking at the radar the band now seems extremely slow moving. We've got a light covering here and I'd say it's light-moderate snowfall. Certainly wasn't expecting to see any of this until tomorrow, so it just goes to show that we are definitely all in nowcast territory :D

Posted

Met office have brum down for heavy snow from the current system from 9pm tonight!!

I'm only a few miles from Brum and I am down for light snow... !!!!

Edited by smethwickgg102

Posted

It's difficult to tell where this band is moving as it is barely moving, but seems to be heading SE, even though it was forecast to head NW. sorry.gif

Edited by snow is falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Seems a bit heavier here in Stourbridge now, I know it's not very technical but the sky looks full of it

Posted

Well I'm very excited :-) sat in the lounge with no lights on so I can watch the snow fall in the street lights, lucky enough to have one directly outside my window

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It seems to have stalled now, wonder how much we will get out of it before the main band arrives, nice starter though :)

The main bands already starting to intensify on the radar & it's only just made landfall.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well I'm very excited :-) sat in the lounge with no lights on so I can watch the snow fall in the street lights, lucky enough to have one directly outside my window

Great to see Stourbridge getting some of the best of it right now. Well deserved I say. Pictures tomorrow please! :lol:

Meanwhile, 6c here and Dewpoint of 5c in Falmouth with rain and strong winds. :lol:

I hope people enjoy these updates from such warmer climes. Hehe. :D

Posted

This cold white stuff that's falling out of the sky currently .....was it ever shown on any of the models ?

Nick

Posted

Well its been snowing chiefly light with the odd slight heavier burst since I came home from work at 4 ! Only about a 1 cm at best. Still a great base for the action later.As this front stalled and grown over us as I cannot see any obvious movement in any direction?

Posted

It seems to have stalled now, wonder how much we will get out of it before the main band arrives, nice starter though :)

The main bands already starting to intensify on the radar & it's only just made landfall.........

According to lots of people in other threads and model discussion the band just making landfall isn't the big one, that's not hit the radar yet, but you can see it on sat24.com images

Posted

Been snowing here for about 3 hours . Light covering all over , bar the main roads which are fine at the emoment.

Ive noticed the BBC are now showing snow for next Tuesday and Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Let's hope the main band stalls over the top of us like this band, that would be awesome

Wouldn't it just be awesome :)