Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Pepped up a bit here neat Luton airport! The front seems very slow moving and is getting sheared on its edge. Think it will fizzle out in the end. Any ideas how long it will last??

supposed to last for about another 12 hours i think but i doubt it will, just a dusting here so far

Posted

anyone know of a free forecast radar for the next three hours or so? looks like the band is stalling and not going to make it fully quite this far east as cambridge. is the band expected to pivot and what is showing for london expected to push slightly north east? scuse no caps, on wii u tablet. thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

so what radar does everyone use here

Netweather of course..there is the free one which is very good or for the extra a one month subscription is just £3.49

https://www.netweath...session_timeout

Posted

Probably nearer to 10cm here; so I doubt that the front will make much difference. Have you started teaching Nellie all about New Zealand's ubiquitous Celtic settlements, yet??rofl.gif

Of course! She will be kept indoors and indoctrinated this very afternoon...not!

Posted

Agh!! Stop will it or won't it...I posted earlier that with a south east wind it will slow the front up...It will get here and when in does it will stick around and stall. We have just had a few flakes in the wind.local radio saying really heavy between 6 and 9 tonight, which make my forecast about right...

Posted

Virtually stopped here now, not yet a measurable covering

Next couple of hours is crucial, the front has now reached the North Sea, and we need to see some energy fed back into the system from here

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

The whole system appears to be very slowly pivoting, is this due to happen?

If it carries on then the heavier stuff that is to our south may be ours for later, rather than the stuff that is to our south west and seems to be hitting the M1/A1 brick wall.

Posted

Pepped up a bit here neat Luton airport! The front seems very slow moving and is getting sheared on its edge. Think it will fizzle out in the end. Any ideas how long it will last??

I think that shearing is literally happening above my location. Started about 10am, but if anything lighter/very light now/stopped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Perfect day, Friday, snowing and settling easily.yahoo.gif

What a way to finish work for the week.

Posted

Still nothing here in Peterborough... the leading edge keeps dissipating.

From what I can see on NW radar, we need as much snow as possible to kick out into the line of Rochester - Chelmsford - Cambridge because that track runs through Peterborough.

Still looks fairly positive for us later as that really heavy stuff around and south of London is surely going to drift far enough east to head on the right track NW to us (he said optimistically !).

Posted

anyone know of a free forecast radar for the next three hours or so? looks like the band is stalling and not going to make it fully quite this far east as cambridge. is the band expected to pivot and what is showing for london expected to push slightly north east? scuse no caps, on wii u tablet. thanks

Yes - I believe so - watch out for London and S. Essex snow as that could/should pivot up your/my way !

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

Virtually stopped here now, not yet a measurable covering

Next couple of hours is crucial, the front has now reached the North Sea, and we need to see some energy fed back into the system from here

SK

nothing here either,although absolutely bitter winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Snow getting heavier but tiny flakes, will go and see if its settling at all in a bit.

Where abouts are you ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

will this be the heaviest its going to get here in luton or will it turn heavier or fizzle out?

been snowing from light to moderate since 9am and have a nice white blanket outside.

just got a call to collect the little ones from school!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

An absolute non event here so far.

Posted

will this be the heaviest its going to get here in luton or will it turn heavier or fizzle out?

been snowing from light to moderate since 9am and have a nice white blanket outside.

just got a call to collect the little ones from school!

We seem to be about an hour ahead of you in weather terms here in MK. It is still snowing fairly heavily but small flakes and quite 'wet' snow. We have about 3-4 cm currently.

Posted

No real changes here yet, still really light stuff but at least layered the pavements and roads. It tried to pick up a bit earlier but didn't really last.