Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th Januray 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just going down to check the main road into the Village...........i maybe gone some time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, Temp dropped 2 deg since 4am, now 1deg rain turning sleety/snowy, things moving in the right direction.

Posted

Fear my total is now out of fate as the last 15 mins seems to have given another few cms

Opened the door to let the dog out and the snow fell in from a small drift approx 6-7 cm now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Fear my total is now out of fate as the last 15 mins seems to have given another few cms

Opened the door to let the dog out and the snow fell in from a small drift approx 6-7 cm now

I knew you would do well with your location. I think I'm moving to your neck of the woods!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Mullender - I work in chilcompton. Any point in attempting travelling?

Another couple of hours probably not although I don't know what main roads are like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Been light ish snow for a while now, hope there's more heavy precipitation to come.

Posted

2+ cm here. All white. Snow sticking to everything. Really good. You will get this.

Adrian

Morning sir! Sounds great! Snowing now here. Work website crahed I think? Let me know of news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

O my life , just got the touch out and had a look outside and It's a true blizzard , gales and big flakes with lots of little ones aswell, looks very dangerous out there, got my sledges ready. .

Hi, how bad is it down There, looking at the radar it's about to start here...."

Posted

Just started snowing here in the very far east of our patch (north east Hampshire). Still got a slight dusting from the snow yesterday afternoon/evening so indicative of temperatures being around freezing. Still can't quite believe that in a couple of hours I'll have a good covering, but the Met O have been spot on so far and the reports from south and west of here are good. Hoping for 6 inches, but more likely to get 3-4 inches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Been light ish snow for a while now, hope there's more heavy precipitation to come.

Not that much for here on the coast, a good covering, maybe 3-4cm's but as you say only light snow at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Come on school website, update and tell us wether you are open or not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Living on a main road, its hilarious watching people try to drive. The road isn't safe and people are driving and swerving and skidding all over the place.

Snow is light here currently, but some heavier returns starting to show to the south now.

Posted

Just started snowing here in the very far east of our patch (north east Hampshire). Still got a slight dusting from the snow yesterday afternoon/evening so indicative of temperatures being around freezing. Still can't quite believe that in a couple of hours I'll have a good covering, but the Met O have been spot on so far and the reports from south and west of here are good. Hoping for 6 inches, but more likely to get 3-4 inches.

Well, not sure how much you've got, but I've not go very much :( couple of cm's at best?? Was expecting more by now!! But I can't complain :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Come on school website, update and tell us wether you are open or not!

Ferndown upper Shut. Need to know about the middle school.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Blizzard conditions here since 4.10am. We have about 1 inch of snow and its still falling. The Net Weather Radar insists that we have sleet but we most definitely havn't! Queen Elizabeth school closed and I am sure many more around here. I am now getting my snow boots on and getting out there before it turns to rain ...........whooopyyyyyyy!!!!

Posted

Thanks. How much have you got up there now? Still coming down?

Over 3 inches now with steady moderate/heavy snow. Looks amazing and no chance of thaw with temperature -0.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Still only small flakes here and light to moderate. Not quite covering the road surface and not enough to measure. 0.0C (-3 with windchill), DP -1.6C. Still not going to work, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Snow drift

No can't get the ECM anywhere my guess is that the meto guys are snowed in and can't press the run button down at Exeter smile.png

iceberg how long is this snowfall set to last because bbc and met office seem confident on all day but looking at the satilite and rainfall radar it does look a little slimmer since lastnight?

Posted

It does look like the PPN band is slowing, anyone else thinking that?

Yes appears to be heading more south easterly so maybe signs of it sliding and stalling. intensifying as it does so too I think.