Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Have to agree with what Darren said in the last thread, this has only got a few more hours to roll imho, before the band weakens away.

Well done to all that have/got snow and I really question that NAE Prediction of snowfall lasting into tonight and tomorrow.

You can already see this process starting, though there is still a few decent bursts going up/gone up recently (one currently over the Irish Sea, the one over SW London/Surrey is now weakening.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

A few flakes in the air as another light flurry begins, but so far barely a dusting. The snow area seems to keep breaking up and fizzling out as it approaches. I think I will be glad if just a couple of cms comes out of this. The updated BBC forecast from about an hour ago suggested some more persistent snow getting across eastwards by dusk to give a few hours snowfall before stopping completely this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Nope

cray.gif

Hmmm it's bloody moving slow eh!!

Posted

Guess it's just not to be for this part of the SE this time round. Trying to console myself that we did well last February. Not really working though.

Rayleigh looks well placed for Sunday though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

6cm at Shoreham Airport so far although you would think its 60 based on some of the driving standards Ive witnessed on the road this morning.

Posted

Aaaah well, the front is decaying fairly rapidly now. Has pretty much cleared the south east coast. Was not quite as much as i was hoping for, ut i think it decayed a lot quicker than i hoped. There were some false echoes that popped up for a while which do make it look like it has intensified, but they have gone now. Still some more snow to come for those further North and East. Looks like that may be it for down this way for now. Next lot due? Sunday by the looks of things. Lets hope this is not too marginal, especially for me near the coast. :/

Jason

That doesn't sound great for us in Bexhill I was hoping to be dump on :-)

Posted

What is interesting as well is to see what current temps are doing, widely around -2/3C at the moment, pretty uncommon to get temps going down under frontal snow, normally it'll hold steady.

Ah the joys of dragging in a SE airmass!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

As you can see even the dog is not impressed with Gravesend snowfall total (don't think it measurable!)

Not much better here.... mellow.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

went to sleep and woke up to.......

nothing LOL yawn....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I now I'm in herts st.albans but I'm so close to London I go between here and home counties and EA. when people say the front will pivot is that good for me .don't really understand.thanks :-)

Posted

Unless this front is due to just sit over the SE all night, I can't see where the afternoon/eve/overnight snow is coming from?

In fact here in SE Essex I cant see where the snow is coming from at all.

I will give it another hour or 2 then I will be considering throwing the towel in as well, like a lot of other SE Essex/E Kent people.

Posted

Hoping Sunday will be better now, worried about the pool of warm air moving up with the low, should be better than this hopefully, getting a dusting now 20p snow coming down now