Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Indeed that is on the back edge of the frontal system which is always likely to hold up the best along the frontal zone. As I said I'm not saying there won't be more snow, just that the heavier stuff will start to slowly die away over the next few hours.

The whole lot should start to shift south very soon as the parent low starts to head southwards through Ireland and out into the Atlantic again, that is about as far NE as it should go now. Hopefully that heavier pluse on the backside will ramp up the front a little.

Still probably some areas have a solid 12-18hrs of LIGHT snow, then after I think a streamer is a big chance followed by a frontal risk once again extending into the SE, but thats going to almost certainly be a nowcast situation I feel...E.Kent would almost certainly be best placed.

No Thames streamer?

Posted

well may i just say for me here in the far east has been the worst 12 months of weather all round! ( wondering what summer has instore this year)

Keep the faith, it's coming....I've got it all crossed for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I'm in Waltham abbey main roads are clear but a grouted has gone past me with a plough attached. Something we don't know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Jeez. I wasn't expecting much out this way anyway. But crikey if that band doesn't do something rather spectacular over the next few hours over South Essex/N & E Kent etc. Then we will have the grand total of 0.0mm.

I feel an Ian Brown "WTF" moment coming...

ive already hit that moment mate

Posted

Wimbledon snow seems to be picking up a little, and the wind also gustier. Looks good but still only about 2" after about 5-6 hours of falling! Will walk up to the common later and see how the wombles are coping smile.png

Edited by slaphead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, ice!

Heavy snow here in Bromley still. Loving it.

Posted

Met office warning for snow tomorrow changed to ice. Se Essex really lucked out this time..

And that was my worry Malc, clearly now things not favourable for even a streamer, onto Sunday and even that is only a 25% chance in all probability!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Solid snow in central London. Consistently moderate to heavy.

Posted

Back chucking it down again in Eastbourne!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Just started snowing again (albeit very lightly). Reckon we've got a couple of cms tops though still time to add to that. Both the MO and BBC still have me down for heavy snow from 3pm well into the evening so keeping the faith for now. Seems the east/west cut off point has been broadly in a line northwards from Brighton.

Posted

Heaviest and largest flakes weve had here all day in last 10 minutes.....been light all day but continuous

Edited by ChartViewer

Posted

Just started snowing again (albeit very lightly). Reckon we've got a couple of cms tops though still time to add to that. Both the MO and BBC still have me down for heavy snow from 3pm well into the evening so keeping the faith for now. Seems the east/west cut off point has been broadly in a line northwards from Brighton.

Heavier on the coast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

ive already hit that moment mate

Me too. We've had snow, but literally no more than a dusting, not even enough to cover the pavements. Considering what we were looking at this morning, it's really disappointing.

Posted

Seems lighter outside (as in brightness), but that might be jusdt as there is more snow on the ground. Seems a little lighter but big flakes are still falling. Had a good 2 hours of this now. Its made a huge difference to the amount on the ground, I'd say a good 4-5cm now if not a little more in places.

Edited by magicpatch

Posted

Guessing?

It is weakening, wish people would read properly :/

www.raintoday.co.uk, look at all the holes appearing in the band

It's snowing? ( looks out window ) Nope, maybe where you are it is!

Was always expected to weaken and maybe not even reach the far east kent, stupid NAE rubbish

hey! you don't have to go all grumpy on me. lol. the raintoday radar wasn't working properly. It is now and i can see it weakening. bummer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Very light here now but looks like one more burst of big flakes before it goes away, been a very enjoyable day so far.