Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sticky!

not one snowflake here either sad.png

Aww, cheer up. I think that by the end of the weekend us southerners will be more than happy smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

Very light snow in Godalming now. Lightest that is since it started at 7am so can't grumble! Approx 4 inches of snow on the level, more where it's drifted. A GOOD day!

Posted

Looking sw the sky is really dark and heading this way up to 13cms now and still snowing

The Solent appears to be piping snow up into SW/W London. 6-7cm in Ealing. Off sledging at Hanger Hill Park - be more there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Its trying to start snowing again here - but very fragmented and sporadic so it it isn't amounting to anything. Eyes on 'The Clump' it is thensearch.gif

Gives me something to do on my day off I guess. Clump watching, mmmmm. :-D

Posted

Sunday chances of more heavyy snow have defo mean upgraded according to the latest bbc news forecast looks like all of the south east including London east Anglia will get snow but they are not sure how far west and north it will go past these areas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Heaviest so far today

Posted

Is the band going to head back west ?

I think the synoptic situation is more complex, as the earlier FAX charts show. There is still some NE momentum showing on satellite into East Anglia and the NE but this has stopped further to the NW. As others have pointed out, the frontal zone(s) seem to be breaking up in situ. So as I see it, as the LP develops W of Portugal and heads NE, our LP will get absorbed into its circulation as a trough and the frontal system, well, it's southern part, whatever is left of it, will slowly fizzle out altogether, its remnants sinking S or SW.

The snow is easing where I am, very fine and granular suggesting the dewpoints are falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well latest Meto update have me down for Heavy Snow 15:00hrs so we shall see search.gif

Posted

Disagree this will last much beyond 4 pm for these parts, further East of course but it's moving away and there's little left behind. The initial thoughts of all might and in to Sat would indicate thoughts were it'd move a lot slower I guess?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Decision made! 09.00 hrs Monday for final whistle. Uneven numbers for knock-out competition, further down the line but winners of this round play winners of next match-up in draw list.

Will have a think, might revert to some kind of league basis, after next round. If no more snowfall after Monday for rest of Winter, overall deepest snow-depth at 09.00 Monday, will be deemed the winner.

Winners prize: A chocolate teapot, personally bi-furcated by Steve Murr, with a set of hen's teeth!

Good luck to everybody!

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Sunday chances of more heavyy snow have defo mean upgraded according to the latest bbc news forecast looks like all of the south east including London east Anglia will get snow but they are not sure how far west and north it will go past these areas

Do you know if Brighton is included on that ?

Posted

Think I was doomongering 2 days ago and predicting non event for a lot of Kent. Hmmmm

North Downs, Wrotham onwards acting as a huge shield to the Medway area.

Light snow, no more than a mere dusting, but hey, better than 10c crap!! But others are making me jealous....lol blush.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Still big flakes falling in moderate snow in central London. has been no let up all day.

Posted

Still snowing at Gatwick, but it is starting to ease off now, snow blowers buzzing around in between the planes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Still dry and cold in Canterbury. The sun attempted to break through 30 minutes ago! LOL

Ditto ,sun trying to come out here .friends asking me where the snow is ! what can i tell them, i just blame you guys ,sorry.. What a let downdiablo.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Still dry and cold in Canterbury. The sun attempted to break through 30 minutes ago! LOL

That just happened here :D

RED WARNING - Sun will appear over east kent -

Posted

Decision made! 09.00 hrs Monday for final whistle. Uneven numbers for knock-out competition, further down the line but winners of this round play winners of next match-up in draw list.

Will have a think, might revert to some kind of league basis, after next round. If no more snowfall after Monday for rest of Winter, overall deepest snow-depth at 09.00 Monday, will be deemed the winner.

Winners prize: A chocolate teapot, personally bi-furcated by Steve Murr, with a set of hen's teeth!

Good luck to everybody!

Cheers,

Tom.

Have I been barred ??? sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Posted

You can see the lil heavyer clump just off the coast Coasty, but also another heavyer bit out down brighton way, hopefully that will make it here too, almost looks like that one is beefing up a bit too........

Had my eye on that one for a while it doesn't seem to be moving, perhaps if we threw a net out we might catch it?!