Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Hard to know wether to go out tonight or not, looking like this could be all over very soon and we got hardly anything, but if it does shunt SE then we back in the game.

Don't want to go out and get caught out

Posted

Latest NAE still going for a couple of inches for the Eastern parts by 6am. What the hell is it picking up that we cant see?

13011906_1812.gif

Posted

Hard to know wether to go out tonight or not, looking like this could be all over very soon and we got hardly anything, but if it does shunt SE then we back in the game.

Don't want to go out and get caught out

Not sure about that, I think if we get anything now it will come up from the south -- doesnt look like amounting to much in any case

Posted

To all those without snow, to be fair, you guys have the lions share with easterlies and north easterlies. Have woken up on numerous times to a dusting when you guys are shovelling your way out of a good dumping.

Three dusting here is all weve had, not enough to cover your thumb nail......

Posted

Afternoon all :)

A modest fall here in lowland East London but, as often the case with snow, fascinating to see the huge variation between locations based on distance and altitude. This seems to have been a much bigger event for the west and south-west of the capital than the north and the east so far and I hear from colleagues that part of Surrey have had a lot of snow but again altitude often plays a role in that.

As for Sunday/Monday, the "potential" is there and, as someone said, reminiscent of a summer outbreak of thundery rain in synoptic terms. I appreciate the uncertainty from the forecasters but this looks like the event where those who have done less well today "catch up" though we're a long way off it at the moment.Beyond that, an evolution to something more anticyclonic looks a distinct possibility which would mean some very cold nights but with daytime maxima probably above freezing in the capital.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Latest NAE still going for a couple of inches for the Eastern parts by 6am. What the hell is it picking up that we cant see?

NAE is rubbish, just use it as a rough guide :)

To all those without snow, to be fair, you guys have the lions share with easterlies and north easterlies. Have woken up on numerous times to a dusting when you guys are shovelling your way out of a good dumping.

How much you got in Forest Hill? in Bexleyheath there's only 1cm. Don't do too well with easterlies either as mostly dies out over Kent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

to be honnest if it doesnt come by feb i dont want it lol to me winter is over mid feb and i like to move on with spring

it'll probably end up being the coldest feb/march this century now.rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

i seem to be at the end of what is almost a streamer (or at least streamer-esque). Feeding in from southend on the se winds.

Southend - basildon - brentwood - enfield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Am I reading the things wrong? I am getting that Medway is also likely miss the Sunday snow?

Posted

13011906_1812.gif

I dont know if this as any bearing on it but the meto site shows thanet under a snow symbol between 1800hrs and 0600hrs also the southeast weather showed snow coming in from the channel (easterly)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Am I reading the things wrong? I am getting that Medway is also likely miss the Sunday snow?

Probably, I mean we've missed every other event going so may as well make it a 4th time too!

There's too much uncertainty over Sunday I think, but even we'd see some snow if the GFS has it right

Posted

What a surprise -- a school shutting early !

A decision made by the powers that be....me I just do as I'm told LOL But it does make you wonder why? I can remember walking to school in feet of snow as a kid, travelling to work back in the 80's in feet of snow and getting on with life as normal back in 91 ( last time we had feet of snow) Just heard from a friend and this will probably only interest people who know the area, but shops in Staines are closing from 4pm to allow staff to travel home safely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

13011906_1812.gif

Mate it's banging down here hope u get some

Posted

Really disappointing!

Perfect conditions for a really decent snowfall, low temperature (-1.5c) frozen ground and low dewpoint (-4c)

And, what happens - it's a weak weather front that stalls and fizzles out before reaching your area!

We've ended up with just about an inch here in lowland Tonbridge (West Kent)

What a waste. wallbash.gif

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well Meto put the Mockers on it for me, showed Heavy Snow symbol for 15:00 However at 15:00 it stopped completely sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Probably, I mean we've missed every other event going so may as well make it a 4th time too!

There's too much uncertainty over Sunday I think, but even we'd see some snow if the GFS has it right

Yea but we'll all be back on Sunday...watching and waiting :-)