Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Surprised at the let down that is Kent and other parts that have reported dustings, and sun peeps even, but I did fear some would miss out due too seeing other bands from the west being shunted SW into Northern France a few days ago. I just think the high pressure to our East is too strong.

Still snowing lightly to moderate occasionally here in Dagenham East, a cm or so maybe lying still, deep enough for a ant! lol

Better than some obviously anyway. I'm still happy, although depths have been disappointing too say the least in my neck of the woods.

Temp hovering 0c

Edit: Coming down heavier than it's been all day now, I'd say a moderate fall now. Although I can see a few attempted breaks in the cloud overhead.

Edited by GoonerGregg77

Posted

Well if it is indeed fizzling out it seems to be going more with a bang than a whimper here in Hastings. Heaviest its been all day and blowing sideways.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

well one thing good has come out of today i havent got to do the school run as my dad has offered to get her acute.gif well suppose id better have a bath and get the beef stew and dumplins on before work tonight.

Posted

Looks like Worthing, Brighton etc will get some more heavier stuff from the sting in the tail for a while and then - fin!

Posted

Snow is lighter now, I think we'll probably be left with light snow for the next 3-4hrs or so which may add another 1-2cms but I think the big totals are more or less done now...

Still going in Chafford, if anything a bit heavier

Posted

its def fizzling out now.. breaking down pretty quick.. in an hour doubt it will be snowing here going by the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Temps up to -1.03c and snowing slightly lighter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Last 10 mins sky has darkened and snow is falling,flakes are bigger,hopefully the start for me in Rye

anyone else having trouble loading raintoday.co.uk ?

yes it keeps crashing on me. hello all from kingston upon thames!! snow has slowed down and much smaller flakes for the first time in a few hours. seeing as i cant see the radar can anyone tell me if thats it for today/tonight?

Posted

Not really let down because i had a feeling I'd end up with nothing, was hoping to be proven wrong sleep.png

You certainly got nothing alright. Still Sunday should be your day!

Posted

Well if it is indeed fizzling out it seems to be going more with a bang than a whimper here in Hastings. Heaviest its been all day and blowing sideways.good.gif

Same in Eastbourne, I think we are experiencing some of the effects of orthographic lift from the Downs as it comes up The Channel and along the coast.

Posted

Sittingbourne has 0cm, snizzle a few times that's it would say to anyone east of here this event is over

Competition wise, we are going to ground out a 0-0 draw.

Posted

yes it keeps crashing on me. hello all from kingston upon thames!! snow has slowed down and much smaller flakes for the first time in a few hours. seeing as i cant see the radar can anyone tell me if thats it for today/tonight?

A couple of hours tops for you MM, you'll still get out for a Friday on the town!

Posted

Do you know if Brighton is included on that ?

Please don't twist what they are saying they did talk about but they stated they were very unsure of the details and to keep watching. The same they have been saying all day. Sorry replied to the wrong person should have replied to M Fish

Edited by Jules71