Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Midlands Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

I'm confused. BBC Forecast at 6pm showed very little snow anywhere over the upcoming days. Metoffice only has light snow anywhere in the East Mids and plenty of white cloud... I can't see where this excitement about upcoming events is coming from?

Posted

I'm confused. BBC Forecast at 6pm showed very little snow anywhere over the upcoming days. Metoffice only has light snow anywhere in the East Mids and plenty of white cloud... I can't see where this excitement about upcoming events is coming from?

It's coming up from the South East.

Posted

It's coming up from the South East.

Well it's going to take the metoffice by surprise then as they don't seem convinced about that from what I can see!

Posted

The latest BBC forecast I saw has snow moving Northwards on Sunday from the South East over the East Of England. The only question at the moment is how far West it will spread.

Posted

There is a batch of precipitation that is coming in from the south east!!was that forecasted!!maybe give a little more snow

Got my eyes on that.

Posted

Precipitation has beefed up a little here too after a lull. Easily got 12cm+ on the grass. Can't really comment on the other surfaces around the garden as they got a good dose of rock salt yesterday which hasn't been terribly effective. Got some nice little drifts on the patio of a foot or so. Temperature has risen a bit though, now upto -1.8C but i'm not expecting a thaw!

Posted

Precipitation has beefed up a little here too after a lull. Easily got 12cm+ on the grass. Can't really comment on the other surfaces around the garden as they got a good dose of rock salt yesterday which hasn't been terribly effective. Got some nice little drifts on the patio of a foot or so. Temperature has risen a bit though, now upto -1.8C but i'm not expecting a thaw!

Some interesting precip not far from you, looks to be heading in a WNW direction

Posted

I'm one to take the BBC's forecast with a pinch of salt, but it's saying heavy snow tonight for Northampton on the website. Are we missing something here?

Posted

I'm one to take the BBC's forecast with a pinch of salt, but it's saying heavy snow tonight for Northampton on the website. Are we missing something here?

Look at the radar to the east, looks like it's moving this way. wellingborough was clear 1 hour ago, now its nearly knocking on the door.

Posted

Look at the radar to the east, looks like it's moving this way. wellingborough was clear 1 hour ago, now its nearly knocking on the door.

Interesting! Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow,,,hot sun and thunderstorms in summer

snowing quite heavy here had stopped 15 mins ago hopefully add to the12 cms of fresh for the rest of tonight and same again on sunday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ok this is my Lance Armstrong moment...........I am sorry, so very sorry, my posts of negative this morning were completely wrong. I have learnt a big lesson.....the METO were pretty spot one with this, I still think the BBC were not quite spot on.

This event has been amazing 13 hours of non stop snow, degrees of intensity but non stop and it has not stop yet. Re tomorrow and Sunday what ever it brings will be a bonus!

Again sorry....although there was a tiny bit of reverse physcology on my part.

ps re tomorrow and Sunday I still want 2 foot, power cuts and complete disruption!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I'm surprised they are only predicting 2-5 centimeters from the band on Sunday. Looks more significant than that, especially for the SE and the East Midlands we are right in the firing line.

Posted

Snowing moderately-heavy in Rushden from that area moving SE-NW which can be traced all the way back to Essex!

Wer Are you??

Raunds is about 5 miles from me, surprised it has stopped there to be honest!!!

Posted

the METO were pretty spot one with this, I still think the BBC were not quite spot on.

Metoffice were only spot on once they changed their forecast for here from light to heavy snow at lunchtime. By which time it was falling and I'd figured that out for myself, as left work sharpish to pick my son up out in the sticks.

Poor show all round in my opinion. The pivoting of the front was crucial. But fantastic, got heavy snow here now after today's main event.

BBC? Pathetic. But I'm wallowing in radar watching and nowcasting. Thanks mother nature!