Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

just watched news 24 forecast more of a wintry mix on coast, snow inland bloody hell how far away from the coast is inland? 1/2 mile,5 miles,20 miles does anybody know the answer? don't think so.

Posted

Looks to be a bit more wintryness in the mix in Boro as it has turned heavier.

Anyone further inland/higher up will do fine.

let's hope it gradually turns to snow for us, the met office are now forecasting heavy snow for us at 6am, might be too late for it to lay by then Edited by Snowmaggedon

Posted

I've noticed that curve - the heavy stuff that's been out at sea and missed the land is gunning for us... of course, that's also why we're so marginal - bringing in the warmer air.. it's a high risk game but the rewards could be massive. ;)

Posted

let's hope it gradually turns to snow for us, the met office are now forecasting heavy snow for us at 6am, might be too late for it to lay by then

That's my concern mate. I'm yet to get a covering of snow during my 5.5 years in Boro when it has started off as rain!

Edited by Smoggieontour

Posted

I've noticed that curve - the heavy stuff that's been out at sea and missed the land is gunning for us... of course, that's also why we're so marginal - bringing in the warmer air.. it's a high risk game but the rewards could be massive. tease.gif

What warm air? The air is cold over the North Sea, theres no significant mild sector in the North Sea at all, the question is, is that cold air cold enough for snow to lie and fall in some locations, especially coastal locations.

Posted

What warm air? The air is cold over the North Sea, theres no significant mild sector in the North Sea at all, the question is, is that cold air cold enough for snow to lie and fall in some locations, especially coastal locations.

I mean the air modifying as it comes over the sea.

it's coming just shame the radar collapsed at the same time.

It's back now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

The longer sea fetch and modification-

The hi-res ECM (which has been spot on recently since I discovered it and subsequently fell in love with!) for 3am (for those braving the night):

post-12276-0-10794100-1358727084_thumb.p

Posted

The real stuff is still an hour or two away, but it's coming, it's inevitable. The temperature is slowly dropping away here too...1.1ºC

Posted

The longer sea fetch and modification-

The hi-res ECM (which has been spot on recently since I discovered it and subsequently fell in love with!) for 3am (for those braving the night):

post-12276-0-10794100-1358727084_thumb.p

Where is that? Or is it pay only?

Posted

Rising a little here: 1.1°C / -0.7°C

Looks like the south has taken a hammering today..rofl.gif

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2551412

OK, that made me laugh.

Although I know that more rural parts did get a decent amount. ;)

Edited by NickR