Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

the effect i noted on the early radar frames has persisted with the heavier snowfall struggling to get west of the meridian in the south of the region.

sorry can you explain this a bit more to me

Posted

It was being held on a line to the east of the A1 earlier, now it's moved to around the M1. I was wondering if it was a radar artefact as it was so clear a line (different calibration between radars or something).

in the northern home counties thats true but further south its still east of the A1

Posted

Been heavy swizzle here for past hour...reading in the London s/e thread it seems its the norm

For everybody, one post has just said larger flakes now hitting the north Kent coast...

Looks like steady light snow for all...no reported blizzards anywhere and no white outs...could end up being a poor event

Seems in line with alerts 2-5cm, 8cm plus in places. But feel free to moan all afternoon. 4cm so far here in East Herts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Coming down steady here after faffing around for a good hour or two. Supposed to be sorting the loft out but the view from that part of the house isn't up to much.

Posted

sorry can you explain this a bit more to me

watch the radar frames and you will see the darker colours never making it west of the A1. we will see if that changes in the next few hours as the precip increases in intensity a little in the east of the region. i suspect it wont change and the light snow in the southern home counties will persist whilst the northern home counties could well see it intensify somewhat as the centre of the instability movers north out of the continent.

Posted

watch the radar frames and you will see the darker colours never making it west of the A1. we will see if that changes in the next few hours as the precip increases in intensity a little in the east of the region. i suspect it wont change and the light snow in the southern home counties will persist whilst the northern home counties could well see it intensify somewhat as the centre of the instability movers north out of the continent.

Cheers for the explanation, BA.

Posted

Light powdery snow since 10.30, still less than a centimetre of accumulation, sky is brightening a little; a lull on the way.

Just north of Colchester.

Posted

Fine but lots of it here at this side of town. Thinking about settling on patio.

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

M11 here, just scrapes in on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

Just got excited as I saw a big flake drift past the window...before I realised it was the kids dropping feathers from the upstairs window!!!! ho ho ho lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Light powdery snow since 10.30, still less than a centimetre of accumulation, sky is brightening a little; a lull on the way.

Just north of Colchester.

no lull here?

Posted

in the northern home counties thats true but further south its still east of the A1

I must be reading the radar wrongly; to me it appeared to break west of the a1 at around 11:40. There's heavier showing to the east of a line between Cheshunt and Royston though? Edited by Grinzzz

Posted

thanks acute.gif

Posted

Incredible how there is always a hole in the ppn over most of suffolk whatever direction it comes from, unbelieveable. There really must be some geographical reason for this as its ALWAYS the same as I'm sure mr rybris will agree with as I'm sure he will have notied this. No significant snow for 25 years and counting. Had the usual couple of inches last mon, nothing since, so depressing every year. Yawn yawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

What I can't understand is how the mo have only issue a yellow warning for here!! It's been snowing in Luton since 9am and there is more than Friday has settled on main roads too! Still yellow warning!? :s

Posted

no lull here?

It was only temporary, a brief glimpse of the sun, then back to grey. Slightly heavier snow now, but some way to go before it gets to moderate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here are two charts - the first showing precipitation from 6 till midday today and the second showing from 6 till midnight. As can be seen, by far the majority of snow is still to fall. smile.png

post-11059-0-18718700-1358684762_thumb.p

post-11059-0-97775100-1358684771_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Quite heavy but really powdery stuff falling in Borough. It is settling on streets, trees and adding quite a bit to what we have got already.

Hopefully it will get heavier as the day goes on.

Posted

What I can't understand is how the mo have only issue a yellow warning for here!! It's been snowing in Luton since 9am and there is more than Friday has settled on main roads too! Still yellow warning!? :s

i'm sure if you send them a personal message they'll issue a special warning just for you angel !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm off now, to get out in it!biggrin.png

Posted

Here are two charts - the first showing precipitation from 6 till midday today and the second showing from 6 till midnight. As can be seen, by far the majority of snow is still to fall. smile.png

thanks alot of people seem to be panicking on all the threads wich makes me worry haha. as far as i can see it looks good for even tho i am a little west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW please

After an hour of light snizzle/wahing powder its trying harder now - I'd say mod light snow c 10 m N of Ipswich. Getting there. Hang on in there Suffolk lot! clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

i'm sure if you send them a personal message they'll issue a special warning just for you angel !

Yeah maybe I should! Just doesn't make much sense really but who am I to say!!