Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I've just seen in,the London forum it's guna stop in an hour, maybe 2 in the far east but looks like there's loads to come on the radar. can anyone confirm this or is it wrong?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Looks like 'Will it rain today' radar is down - anybody else experiencing this?

Also Temp on the rise again, up to 0.7C with very light snow - not good.

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Current conditions

-1 °C

w045.gif 4 m/s

Overcast and light snow

Feels Like: -5°

Barometer: 993.0 hPa

Dewpoint: -1°

Humidity: 100%

Visibility: 3 km

Well still snowing but light.According to precip chart 6pm heavier falls. Time will tell.

Posted

I've just seen in,the London forum it's guna stop in an hour, maybe 2 in the far east but looks like there's loads to come on the radar. can anyone confirm this or is it wrong?

It has stopped here already. Sorry, no it hasn't stopped, what I mean is it hasn't started.

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Looks to be a band of slightly heavier snowfall running north south through the region ATM. Someone on London thread suggesting 'blizzard'. I wonder what would happen were to actually get a blizzard one day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nothing here yet, but it's really windy, regret not putting the washing out, most of the snow from thursday night has gone and it's bone dry. Perfect for settling, have to admit if there is heavy snow coming, we are going to get a blizzard here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Exactly ponce! Even though we got 6" in the week we also need a top up over this way. I do t trust the met forecasts said we would get it Friday and we got nout then.

And, who needs a fancy radar, eh? I can see it's doing nowt, and done nowt, just by looking out the windy!

Posted

Temps dropping, snow increasing outside, radar improving and that idiot has gone inside with his spade.

So looking much better for this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Is that massive area of precipitation off the east coast heading in a west/northwesterly direction? We still have nothing falling from the skys, all except my expectations. Met office do reckon that it should snow in north Norfolk from 3pm onwards and be heaviest towards this evening.

Posted

Temps dropping, snow increasing outside, radar improving and that idiot has gone inside with his spade.

So looking much better for this afternoon.

Hi TEITS, is the snow struggling to settle where you are. Do you think as temperatures fall and the snow potentially intensifies that all surfaces will start to get covered? Ground seems pretty wet here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I thought it was forecast in the north by 3ish, judging by the 13:30 MO radar, looks like a large surge in energy approaching the Suffolk and Norfolk coasts, should be here about 14:30 hopefully. Not too hopeful after this. For some reason temperatures Tuesday onwards are about 4 or 5 where I am as opposed to 0 inland nea.gif

Didn't have frosties this morning, was pretty much forced to eat hot cross buns, hopefully no a bad omen

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!! Or very hot and sunny!!! Nothing in the middle

Well been snowing here in Ipswich since about 11.30 nothing fancy just light snow more of the powder!! But looks to be picking up a bit now with some bigger flakes mixed in. What we need is some of them massive flakes coming down fast for a good 20 mins or so then this small stuff will settle quite nicely. So if anyone has big flakes please send them over. No frosted flakes tho thanks tried them last week and they didn't work

Posted

And, who needs a fancy radar, eh? I can see it's doing nowt, and done nowt, just by looking out the windy!

Finally there are a few flakes in the air here in Beccles

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

Looks like 'Will it rain today' radar is down - anybody else experiencing this?

Working fine for me. I'm using Chrome browser.

Posted

Nothing here yet, but it's really windy, regret not putting the washing out, most of the snow from thursday night has gone and it's bone dry. Perfect for settling, have to admit if there is heavy snow coming, we are going to get a blizzard here biggrin.png

i think the temperature has dropped in the past half hour as my hands are cold also it seems a bit darker.I'm supposed to be writing a really important report to deadline, but I keep staring out of the window and losing my concentration.Hope it starts soon, then i can ignore it for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Finally there are a few flakes in the air here in Beccles

Yee Ha! Just spotted some. Didn't want to get too excited, too soon!!good.gif clapping.gif

search.gif

good.gif

Posted

I am looking east, I'm looking straight out at the North Sea, my house faces the North Sea, and I'm sitting in my comfy chair looking at the North Sea. What do I do now?

have a look at the radar to see whats lurking mate, its looking very promising for you!